Liz Taylor's Funeral

The A-List Rabbi

3/24/2011 5:54 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Liz Taylor's funeral will be officiated by a man with plenty of celebrity experience -- because he's helped bury dozens of them ... TMZ has learned.

Liz Taylor Funeral
Taylor is having a traditional Jewish burial ceremony at Forest Lawn cemetery in Glendale, CA right now -- and the man doing the service is Rabbi Jerry Cutler

Cutler has presided over the funeral services for Milton Berle, Shelley Winters, Walter Matthau, Red Buttons and Jan Murray.

We're told Cutler had met Taylor through Jon Voight ... and Taylor's family specifically requested Rabbi Cutler to do her funeral.

KittyKittyKitty

Yikes!

DR SICK

What happened to your live feed? Did Forest Lawn shoo you away?

ccr

Have a save journey and I hope you'll find peace and be without pain

rHIANNA GOT WHAT sHE dESERVED!!!

Who CARES about this dust old dead ugly chick!? Throw her on the bar-b-q grill and feed her to the dogs! I SUPPORT CHRIS BROWN! IF YOU THINK RHIANNA GOT WHAT SHE DESERVED GO TO MY PAGE! >> http://www.youtube.com/user/DeathDaddyDisco <<>........... hARVEY IS A FRUIT CAKE!

Hello is anybody in there?

5# Is a whack job won't be surprised if he's from Westboro Baptist Church.

Rowena Keefe

Devestation! I had no idea. Poor Liz, what a transformative icon. She'll live forever beautiful.

Lagoon

I was responding to the live feed post, but it disappeared. People.com states that Liz Taylor converted to Judiasm because of a couple of her marriages. People further states that it is Jewish custom to have a quick burial. People does not explain why, however.

Staci

Elvis Presley born jewish.
Marlyn Monroe converted to Judaism in 1956 and as well had a Jewish wedding ceremony to Arhtur Miller July 1st 1956.

Elizabeth Taylor converted after the death of her husband Michael Todd.

Charles

Snookie is a nice girl BUT she couldn't be a freckle on Liz Taylor Ass. Yes I'm a prejudge as I loved Elizabeth Taylor with a Passion only known between her and Michael Todd And Richard Burton.

CCC

To Post #5 - Why would anyone want to go on your site just to hear you spew out mean spirited crap? You need to have your head examined and find a place in your black heart that still has some sort of feelings and decency. What a horrible thing to say about someone you don't even know. I'll bet you and your parents, (if you have any), are real proud that you are an A #1 A-hole.

writenow

She really did a lot for a number of people who needed star power. Thank you. My best to her family.

Ylvette

I don't know why, but I think Dame Elizabeth may have passed away long before March 23,2011. I think she is already in her resting place and what we are witnessing today is for the fans/public. I believe she put her affairs / wishes in order years ago and the only thing left to do was to carry them out. I could be wrong, but I think the services were more private than we all know. God bless her family and friends.

SiouxCityBoy

Are any of, or how many of, Elizabeth's former husbands also buried at Forest Lawn - Glendale?

Nancy

Rabbi Jerry Cutler is terrific . have been at funerals of ex bosses (celebs) . he is very kind and loving .. keeps his sense of humor as well .. Allows anyone (at least those I went to) to speak if they want to .. I did at one of them ..

She was the most beautiful & kindest person I ever worked with .. She is out of pain now, lived most of her life with pain .. I still have the gift she gave me when we worked together . she was IN the Movie of the Week . I was in Production.

I don't think that Michael Jackson is in Mt. Sinai part of Forest Lawn .. could be wrong ..

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments