Celeb Chefs to 'Wish' Kid -- We'll Cook With You!

3/26/2011 4:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Two TV chefs have stepped up to the plate -- and have offered to cook for a "Make-A-Wish" kid who was snubbed by "Barefoot Contessa" star Ina Garten ... TMZ has learned.

0325-symon-macmillan-ina-getty-EX
Food Network star Beau MacMillan and "Iron Chef" Michael Symon are both reaching out to 6-year-old Enzo ... hoping they can fill the void Garten left after she turned down the kid's "wish" to cook a meal together.

In fact, MacMillan tells us he's ready to fly Enzo and his entire family out to Arizona STAT -- put them up in a fancy resort and treat them all to a VIP dinner at his 5-star restaurant.

MacMillan says he also wants to bring Enzo into the kitchen so they can prepare the meal together.

As for Symon -- the chef tells us he'll be in Enzo's home state of Oregon in the very near future and would be more than happy to swing by Enzo's house to "cook a dish" with him too.

Bon appetit!

Susie

Now that Ina's done an about face, if I was Enzo I'd be turning HER enlarged, holier than thou 'you know what' down and taking up the offer of these very kind gentlemen. Ina, your nose is just a wee bit too high in the air.

Michell

IT IS WONDERFUL THAT THESE TWO CHEFS CAN MAKE THIS HAPPEN FOR THIS CHILD. I HOPE INA CAN LEARN SOMETHING FROM THIS.. OR EXPLAIN IF THIS IS A MISUNDERSTANDING. THIS JUST BEATS ALL I'VE EVER SEEN. SHAME ON HER....

Alan Carver

These two fine men (chef's) are doing right by this young child and his request to 'cook-a-meal' with his favorite chef Ina Garten aka the barefoot contessa, when she turned him down twice. It is the rare person that makes the sacrifice to do this when the original party has made it abundantly clear they have no time or interest in helping 'grant' this wish. I hope that young Enzo will be able to take-up one of these two chefs on there offers to come and cook with him. It might not be the barefoot contessa, but sometimes the next best thing could be, and more often then not, is better than the original request/wish! Best of luck to Enzo, and two these two fine gentlemen for stepping-up-to-the-plate! Very nice!

chicagannie

Blessings to those sweetheart chefs who offered to cook with Enzo!

And a giant sack of cat crap for Ina.

ANNI

Stopped watching Ina, now a total fan of Macmillan and Symon. Ina is not a nice person, I say boycott her show and products.She is too busy for a sick child, you had better hope when you are old and sick, people aren't too busy for you.

crystal

I have been a big fan of Ina for years but now, wow, what a Biotch!!!!

wish mama

How can you call a make-a-wish child stupid? My daughter is 1 and obviously you have NO idea what the simplest wishes can do for these VERY sick children! Guess Steve is the stupid one!

Tara

Ok in Ina Gartens defense & 2 be honest you really should ask her why she wouldn't,but I have a feeling I know why.Yes I too at 1st was like wow why not,I'm shocked.So I did feel like most of you.

You have to give people the benefit of the doubt.Maybe it's too hurtful for her to,& maybe she'll cry a lot while cooking with the child.You never know.So please don't be harsh on those who elect to not do something especially if they are celebrities.Also find out why don't just go bad mouthing someone without finding out why first.I've turned down some engagements myself due to health reasons.All we ALL need to learn is Unconditonal love & Understanding.Don't hold anything against anyone.YES it is great that other chefs have decided to cook with Enzo.It's good to know that when one person can't another one is there to fill the void instead of having no one at all.

Tess2013

First off, my hat off to Beau and Michael. It's good that some people still know what's important. As to Ina...scheduling conflict? Really? I'm sure leukemia wasn't on that little boy's schedule. You should be thanking your lucky stars you have a future to reschedule.

I used to be a fan. Now I'm just sickened.

Tara

Tara

THIS ISN'T FAIR B/C SHE PROBABLY HAS NO IDEA THIS IS GOING ON.

M.Eaglecloud

It appears to be the the Barefoot Countessa has changed her mind and is now willing to cook with the lil guy. As a mother, it would pain me to have my child rejected or for any child to be rejected. I would graciously decline her offer and let my son play with dolphins and take up one of the offers that these Chefs have been generous to offer. To see my baby smilem and not harbour any ill feelings toward Ina, for life is a full circle and eventually we have to face ourselves and how we lived and what we did and how it affected those around us.

Tara

LOOK at comment #12,the kid and no body is ever stupid!

I feel you really should give Ina the benefit of the doubt b/c she said she had a scheduling conflict she never said she wouldn't.So there for maybe she is thinking what's in the best interest of the child which would be to get well first,then she would cook W/Enzo.This is just making everyone involved feel bad.Also now Ina since she's in the spot light is now losing her fans which isn't right either.You all should have taken that into consideration b4 doing a talk show about this.You all should have contacted her & get where she's coming from.Enough said & TMZ you are now looking like Star magazine which isn't looking really good.So now you all should fix it for all of whom is involved.You made it look bad for Ina when in reality now you all look worse.There's always 2 sides to every story,plus there are rumors we all know this.It's been going on for centuries.

catseyezzz

Fat-assss Ina probably didn't want to make his wish come true because he wasn't from the Hamptons. She won't associate with anhy of the other Food Network chefs. Total BYATCH... I will never watch her show again. I've made a few of her recipes and they weren't that great. What a nasty person! Shame on her!

clintharless53

INA GARTEN is going to regret 100% how she distroyed her future. No amount of PR is going to save her now. The only fans she has now are Cold Blooded people like her.