'Barefoot Contessa' AGREES to See Make-A-Wish Kid

3/28/2011 3:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's a MIRACLE!!!! "Barefoot Contessa" star Ina Garten has somehow found the time to meet with a Make-A-Wish foundation kid named Enzo ... after TMZ reported she denied his request TWICE.

Barefoot Contessa

Garten's rep released a statement explaining how the Food Network chef only "became aware of Enzo's story this weekend" .... and insists she will be calling the 6-year-old later today.

As we first reported, Enzo is battling leukemia -- and told the foundation he WISHED he could cook a meal with Ina ... because he watched her show with his mom while in bed battling the illness.

Enzo's family, along with the M.A.W. foundation, had confirmed that Garten declined to grant Enzo's wish due to scheduling conflicts -- TWICE -- but now, Garten's rep says she's willing to play ball.

The rep insists, "[Ina] looks forward to inviting him to spend some time with her at the Food Network studios."

Previous 15 Comments | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32

Dee

Foodnetwork doesn't need people like her. I hope they pull her show. She is dead in my house. She isn't that great anyway. She has zero compassion. Dolphins are much better, they love you unconditionally. Have a great time!!!!

Linda McClanahan

I think it is TERRIBLE that you could say no to any child let alone a SICK child! I will NEVER watch your show again!!!!!!!!

falangas

she can rot in hell. she has no problem showing herself driving an expensive sports car around, yet she can't find time to do a tri\uely good deed. i,m finished watching the channels that promomote her.

Janet

Maybe he is too busy for her now :) Can you spell KARMA?

craig c

she'd rather spend time with the butt burglers in the hamptons than that poor child,shes lost all my respect

HollyPHX

This should never have been mentioned. A wish is a wish --- not something any child is entitled to and to drag a nice celebrity through the mud is not fair to the celebrity. #1 Each Make A Wish child must state two wishes and is specifically told that no guarantees are made and so are the parents. The parents are required to sign a form which states they have not been promised anything. To drag a celebrity's name in a very not nice way is reprehensible. The entitlement that is being shown is even worse than the celebrity not having time. Whether it was this child's family or Make A Wish that made this public is worse than the celebrity being busy with her career.

Chuck Palma

It has been many many months since Ina has made this very wrong choice and not agree to meet this sick little boy. I still cannot bring myself to ever buy any of her products or watch her show on T.V. ever again. I truly enjoyed her show, but cannot get over her coldness in making her foolish decision. I know she must have regretted her initial decision. Her cooking empire I am sure has suffered greatly. Remember INA, WHAT GOES AROUND, COMES AROUND !!!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32