« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

John Cena

30x the 'Wish' Granting

Power

3/29/2011 2:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

WWE's John Cena is about to make a whole bunch of little wishes come true -- because TMZ has learned he's taking 30 kids from Make-A-Wish to WRESTLEMANIA!!!!!!

032811_john_cena_getty_ex

Reps from M.A.W. tell us 30 kids with "life-threatening medical conditions" from the U.S., Canada, and even Australia will attend Wrestlemania XVII this weekend in Atlanta.

But that's not all -- the kids will be going to a private autograph session with WWE Superstars and Divas ... and afterward, they'll hit a pizza party hosted by Cena!!!

We're told the M.A.W. Foundation also plans to honor John at the party for passing a huge milestone -- 200 wishes granted -- an honor shared by only three other celebs ... Jeff Gordon, Dale Earnhardt Jr., and Hulk Hogan.

1208_wrasslin_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Sanne

To puhp, who claims that there are not 30 kids whose "dying" wish is to meet up with Cena at Wrestlemania:

If you just had the slightest idea what Make-A-Wish-Foundation is all about, you would know that it is not only dying children who get wishes granted. My 10-year old son is currently being treated for lymphoma and has a 95 chance of full recovery. But he is still eligable for making a wish. As he has a "life threatening illness". Just FYI.

Thank God for people like John Cena, make-a-wish-foundation and all the others, who make life easier for us families affected by e.g. cancer..

RD

I agree with post #2. Whether you like wrestling or not, hat's off to John for doing this for the children.

Stupid People Hater

This is how it's ****ing done INA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Muppet

Stories like this one just put a smile on your face don't they? It's so nice to read about someone helping others. I think it's fabulous that he is making 30 children's wishes come true. Great work!! I hope the childrend have the time of their lives!!!

Muppet

correction
I hope the children have the time of their lives!!!

Yepzie

I don't watch wrestling, but I can see why a kid would love to go to something like this. I think it's also awesome that Jeff Gordon, Jr and Hulk Hogan are also so generous with their time!!

Dukestr

I'm pretty sure INA won't be making the pizza's. That would take up to much of her valuable time. Way to go John Cena and the whole WWE! The kids will NEVER forget this...

CountryGal

You have ****ed MAW TMZ. Good job

Aimee71379

I know you think Cena may be doing this as publicity stunt. But in reality WWE has be granting wish's for decades. In fact John Cena hismself has granted over 200 wish's.

Ladytall

This man has pure class..he was doing this when it was not "popular" because it is the right thing to do. What a big heart he has..and..what a great thing to read when it seems most celebrites are so "ME" sighted..he is not! GOOD JOB JOHN!!!

Violette-Blue

He always seemed like a genuinely nice guy and this proves it. He has some mad mike skills in the ring. His skills as a wrestler aren't the best, but hey, it works for him & I enjoy the entertainment aspect of it. Team Cena!

Aimee71379

I agree with countrygal MAW is starting to be the bad guy in all of this...As well as the wish family.I am the parent of a MAW child, I have seen first hand what these people do, how they love putting smiles on the faces of children...My Daughter did pass on and a year later when i had a benefit for MAW her wish granter was there by my side.I love TMZ but I think this is one report that should have gone unreported, Just out of respect for the child if nothing else.

Cujeaux

That's swell, but I doubt there are 30 kids on the planet who's dying wish would be to attend WrestleMania. It will scare the begezuz out of them.

Posted at 12:56 AM on Mar 29, 2011 by puhp

***

Obviously, you haven't watched wrestling lately - it's super-duber PG right now. There were way more hardcore stuffs when I was 5 years-old, and I wasn't scared at all!

(Why so many people in our society, people just like puhp, are so willing to treat kids as if they're all a bunch of P.USSIES? What's the deal with that? Anyway...)

Great job, John. Doesn't surprise me at all - always knew you were a good guy.

Posted at 2:33 AM on Mar 29, 2011 by MightyMad
--------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, so kids who don't enjoy watching blown up men jumping on each other are p ussies? Being bottle fed that crap makes you more enlightened I suppose. Wrestling is gay. Always has been always will be. lol.

You're crazy if you think these guys, who are ALL hopped up on steroids - which BTW are illegal - are great role models for kids. A lot of them end up committing suicide because they can't deal with what they've become.

WWE and it's participants should give back. They make a crap load of money from people like you. It didn't take long for one of them to try to grab the glory and the headlines did it?

webwishmaster

I think its great what John Cena and the WWE are doing with the Make a Wish Foundation. These children dont have a whole lot to get excited about, but these 30 kids are sure to have the time of their lives.

Crash

Wow!! What a great, compassionate role model who is doing his part to make the world a better place.

Kudo's to you, John Cena!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments