'Dancing' Star Pulls MAJOR Strings for VIP Guest

3/28/2011 6:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Maksim Chmerkovskiy isn't just "making time" for a "Dancing with the Stars" fan who's going through cancer treatment -- he's hooking her up with the experience of a lifetime ... TMZ has learned.

Maksim Chmerkovskiy

Sources connected to the production tell us Maksim had been furiously trying to set up the perfect evening for a special VIP guest ... asking for front row seats for tonight's show along with special backstage passes ... and now we've learned there's a reason he's so motivated.

We're told a friend of Maksim's informed the dancer about a woman who was having a really tough time with recent cancer treatments -- and she happened to be a fan of the show. So Maksim sprung into action, instantly trying to do everything he could to help get her mind off the pain.

Of course, Maksim came through -- and the woman is all set for a night she'll never forget.

Amazing how some people find time for the things that matter.

0328_dwts_footer

Who gives a F about mel gibson?

wow he is hot and has a heart! very hard to find these days but proof it still exists!!!! and he looks soooo good in those tight pants!! he gets my vote ;)

get a life ho

even if he has motives ie; publicity .,.

it's still a first class act on his part .,.,.

Too bad TMZ doesn't run more stories like this .,

frankies mom

I always thought he was a total a-hole, maybe not....

Christina glanzbergh

I spent today with a child who is very ill with cancer at CHLA, and after watching him go thru Chemo, radiation and antibody treatments, I feel anyone who has to deal with cancer should have special moments like this handed to them. Their best days are worse than my worst day... let them enjoy it! If you have the ability to give to a cancer patient, GIVE! Maksim Chmerkovskiy is giving back, as all of us should!

ExLADA

I used to teach dance a long time ago. In 2005 I underwent Chemo and I would have been so grateful if Maks had done something like this for me, I am a DWTS fan. The Chemo was horrible I've never been so sick in my life, so much so that I would not undergo it again, I'd rather be dead. Denise and Linda, I've been there, it's awful, but hang in there, chemo works, it's 2011, and (fingers crossed) looks like I may have beaten breast cancer. Christina, I feel so bad for that child, bless his/her heart, your post made me cry. Good on Maks, no matter what his motives.

Liz

See...now THIS is a celebrity story that you like to hear about!!! Good job!!!

norm abrams

Someone at TMZ has a man-crush on Maksim. Awwww, but I don't think he swings that way.

BeSerious

I knew there was a reason I liked Maksim. What a good guy. Another person who goes out of his way to do things for people is Johnny Depp. When you are successful, in anything in life, it can't hurt to be kind, pay it forward.

Blue Lake

Good for Maks. He's a great dancer and kind of a ****wad, but he gets points for this.

Cloes_mommy

Thanks to Maks,my mother had an amazing time. She was so excited to have the chance to go meet him and see the show live. She will NEVER forget this day. Her & all of our family appreciate what he did so much. Thanks & we all love you =)

Bettsie

Maksim is a class act all the way.He not only looks goods he is good. I hope he can help that women. What a beautiful thing for him to do for a sick person. Good Luck I'm sure everything will turn out wonderful. Lots of love to Maksim.

becky l kourkounakis

Good job,Maksim. That's what it's all about. Bless u.

Patent Application

Here is a similar story

Last week, Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy landed in second place after their impressive first dance on Season 12 of Dancing with the Stars. Scottsdale fans were anxious to see how their week two dance went, and it received mostly positive reviews. Kirstie and Maks received a score of 20 from the judges, but their combined score is high enough to keep them in third place overall. The judge's scores and viewer’s votes from the first two weeks will be combined to determine who goes home Tuesday night.

Kirstie has struggled in the competition to overcome insecurities regarding both her weight and her age. She has publicly struggled with her weight for several years, and she is the oldest competitor this season at the age of 60 (Sugar Ray Leonard is 54). Has Kirstie been able to overcome these challenges? According to the judges, yes!

James

And he doesn't even seem the type. I think he's bad ass. It shows he has some class.

James

Paulette Madeley

I have always been a fan of Maxsim. He does have an ego, but he is good. Goes to show you that even thought he tries to act so tough all the time, that he does indeed have a big heart and I am so very proud of him. One of these days I would love to meet him. Don't know how that could happen. Can't afford to go there and they won't be here. Oh well, a girl can dream right? WAY TO GO MAXSIM!!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments