R&B Star Angie Stone: Arrest Cut My Time with God

3/29/2011 4:06 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

R&B singer Angie Stone could NOT get a 'hallelujah' -- because according to her rep, Angie's arrest for driving on a suspended license came as she was driving to church on Sunday.

0328_angie_stone_ex_tmz_2
Angie's rep tells TMZ, the singer was completely blindsided by the run-in with cops -- because she had no idea there was a warrant out for her arrest.

According to the rep, Angie had a prior speeding ticket which went unpaid because she changed addresses recently ... and never got the physical ticket in the mail.

We're told Angie has since paid the ticket -- and is currently in the process of tying up any other legal loose ends.

Can she get an, "Amen?"

Scrum

Amen

Made it Past 27

GA Police suck. Not surprised she was arrested for something so stupid.

Peter Sc

I hope she will do hard time.

Getting a license is tough and it is too easy to lose it, so people drives without should get tough punishment and not some celebrity special treatment.

CrashAndBurn

Don't you know... that's how the DMV rolls. They don't tell you jack about having a suspended license... like the Cops is gonna believe you over the DMV.

Fuck Celebrities

God works in mysterious ways.

Andyace

Who?

mija

God forgives her. Don't do it again.

OooooNooo!

R&B "Star". Really? Just sounds like somebody who can't handle personal responsibilities.

Anna

She was handed the prior speeding ticket and knew she had to pay it. It's not mailed to you.. DUH!!

Gsharon 710

What the devil meant for bad, God meant for good. He was right there with you!

Auto-Tune is the DEVIL

Auto-Tune RUINED music! People who use auto tune are CHEATERS! THe Beatles, Michael Jackson, Ozzy...they didn't need auto -tune! Artists now adays are NO TALENT HACKS! Auto-Tune is killing music! help stop auto tune and help support TRUE ARISTS! visit my channel for details >>here >>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/craiget <<< <<.......... AUTO-TUNE IS THE DEVIL!

MissThang

@10 & 11,

Look dumb azz.ses. Neither or you have a brain in your head. I live in DC and I can tell you that you can get a speeding ticket via speeding-cameras and they are MAILED to you. If you have changed addresses your screwed, even if you have your mail forwarded to your new address, the ticket can still NOT make it to you. This is what happened to my friend and she got arrested. She had no idea her license was suspended.

Also, I paid a ticket and transposed the numbers. I was off by .15 cents. They SUSPENDED my license DIDN'T even send me anything in the mail and I was driving on suspended. The DMV SUCKS complete asz.ses. Luckily, I didn't get arrested but I had lots of explaining to do.

The cop in this completely sucks!

Desi

SPEEDING TICKETS are mailed if 'radar enforcement is being used' and/or 'speeding cameras' snap pictures of your plates. Unfortunately, the DMV does not forward mail, so if your plates get electronically recorded and you have yet to update your new address with the DMV, sucks to be you!!!! Or sometimes the violations are not mailed out right away and contain the old address on the day the e-ticket was recorded...

e33

Religion is evil. If religion didn't exist, she wouldn't have been pulled over.

CrashAndBurn

If speeding tickets get mailed to you via speeding camera take a picture of yo money and mail the pix to them simple as that. Boy... the games we play.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments