'Deadliest Catch' -- New Captain, MAJOR Tension

4/4/2011 4:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The guy who took over for Captain Phil Harris on "Deadliest Catch" could really use some sensitivity training ... because dude used Phil's death to rip a crew member ... in front of Phil's TWO SONS.

040111_deadliest_catch_video
TMZ has obtained a clip from the upcoming season of "D.C." ... in which Derrick Ray -- the new skipper of the F/V Cornelia Marie -- gets into a serious verbal spat with engineer Steve Ward.

During the fight, Phil's son Jake pleads for the two to make up ... and that's when Ray heartlessly snaps and says,"Phil's not here, he's f**king dead, okay?"

To make things worse ... Phil's other son Josh is also in earshot.

The new season kicks off April 12.

Me

This 'captain' is a prick. It seems to me that he's just looking for a fight. And to say what he did about Phil being f-ing dead, right in front of Phil's sons, was pretty crappy of him! Fire him! He's a jerk!

Heartful

#5 Those "shrimpy" dudes are the ones who get that tasty ship on your table. People have to learn to respect a person for their profession because we all are linked together somehow.

It looks like they are stressed but they will get over it considering their lives (life) depends on one another.

who-Dey

normally, I roll my eyes at the Harris' leaking their info to TMZ to stay in the 'news', but this time, I'm rolling my eyes at Discovery & I totally agree with you #19/Carl.

john5oregon

WHAT A ****ING ****! Phil was a bad mofo, but he got his **** done and was fair. This guy's just a d0uchebag.

Cassandra

"You have no respect for anyone.."
"Phil's not here, he's dead"

Yeah, that's not having respect for anyone.

Virginia

They need to get rid of that mother F***er. Jake and Josh should toss that F***er overboard. Cause really i know the Jack and Josh own half that boat. So they can get rid of that Jerk.
That Major a**hole Tension. I do believe he showed off for the camaera. i believe he wants to be as good as Phil was. guess what Major a**hole? You are nothing but dirt under people feet. No really your lower the that. I pray someone tosses you overboard.
Hey josh and Jake if you need any help I will come and help you get Major a**hole toss off your boat. I think it will be fun. just let me know and I will be there. Oh And I am not joking. i would help you toss a**hole overboard.

Anonymous527496

That is messed up. Losing your father has to be one of the hardest things, and to just rub salt on the wound like that even hurts me.

cidroc

capt a-hole

Kelly

This new Captain sounds like a real A-HOLE!!! >:(

If sense were common everyone would have it.

Many accidents happen way out there in the middle of the Bering Sea. People get hurt, or disappear. Mm hm.

Jen

The new captain is screaming about wanting respect?!?!? How about he show some respect to his crew and especially show some respect to the sons of Phil. Regardless of what led up to that temper tantrum his comment about Phil was out of line and bowing up and trying to corner his crew member was also out of line.

South Beach

All the tv action aside, these crabbers are as tough as they come, and accidents happen all the time. Lots of captains, lots of crews, lots of opportunities. New guy needs to watch his mouth.

nelson

They need to find a new captian, and leave him in a small boat in the middle off the sea..

ron

I don't know if they would get involved,but I don't think he would get away with pushin John or Andy like that. Capt has to be respected yes, but unless there was more than we know he is just being a mfin bully.

Judy

The mans totally UN cool, sounds like he has NO respect for Phil, his sons, or the Cornelia Marie!!