Richard Hatch -- I Need $300,000 STAT!!!

4/5/2011 7:52 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Former "Survivor" champ Richard Hatch says he DESPERATELY needs someone to loan him $300,000 by April 10 -- so he can pay off his tax debt, avoid prison and then SUE THE BEJESUS out of CBS.

0405_richard_hatch_money_ex
Hatch -- who's currently in the custody of the U.S. Marshals while he waits to serve his sentence for not paying taxes on his $1 million prize -- has fired off an open letter to the public ... saying, "I can prove my innocence if someone will loan me three hundred thousand dollars."

He explains, "I have until April 10, 2011 to pay the Malaysian government the tax they are due for the work I did on Survivor ten years ago, taxes the producer's of Survivor and CBS Television were legally required to pay to the Malaysian Revenue Board."

Hatch says if he makes the payment, his tax problems will be over for good -- and he can focus on filing a lawsuit against CBS, "Survivor" creator Mark Burnett and others related with the show for the "years of torment and financial devastation I have incurred as a result of their improper actions."

Hatch also believes he's being used by the IRS as a "poster child" for what can happen if you don't pay your taxes ... stating, "The government has very effectively exploited my notoriety to their ends and I have been powerless to stop them. "

Hatch is set to begin a 9-month prison sentence -- though he still insists he's an innocent man.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

sloppy seconds

ah he'll have a great old time with bubba in the cell. maybe harvey will want to join in with them too?

Rachie

Real subtle Richard, but there's NO WAY Donald Trump is going to bail you out of this! Pay your frickin taxes skum bag, everyone else in the world has to!

Marty

Didn't he spend all of the money in week? Kinda like being Hillbilly Rich!

Puckett

ahahahahaha good luck with that buddy.

anon.

Another lame excuse by him:(

Smarter Human

Cry me a river...whaaaa!

Jodi

If someone gives him $300,000 make sure and post who it is TMZ, I could use about $50,00 my damn self.

Richard can keep blaming people until hell freezes over it makes no different. He should have paid his taxes. End of story.

Hello is anybody in there?

I can give him 300K (slap his hand) there.

justsaying

All you had to do, you idiot, was pay the federal taxes on that money BEFORE you started giving it away to guys so you could suck their cranks and have them hit you in the poop chute. I don't know why you wouldn't want to go to federal prison. You've been a practicing b*tch your entire life.

Green Eyes

Maybe Charlie Sheen will loan it to him.... :)

sloppy seconds

Look at that mouth folks. You know what he puts in there! Nasty!

Carol

Maybe he could borrow the $300,000 from David Cassidy LOL. Oh wait, he burned that bridge already.

JeffTheFan

I want to carefully word this to avoid legal trouble. Mr. Hatch is acting like an idiot. In what UNIVERSE does anyone get anything tax-free? Especially a $1-million prize? The rest of us have to pay for something like that, lottery winnings, hitting it big on "Plinko" on "The Price is Right", sports book successes in Vegas. He can continue to believe anything he wants, but I have to side with corporate America on this one. Everyone has to pay taxes on a prize that big. Duh!

FlamingoNut

Um, sure, we'll give you a million dollars, and we'll pay the taxes too. Huh?

TheMachine1

A few years in the slammer should be a cake walk for a Survivor winner.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments