Richard Hatch -- I Need $300,000 STAT!!!

4/5/2011 7:52 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Former "Survivor" champ Richard Hatch says he DESPERATELY needs someone to loan him $300,000 by April 10 -- so he can pay off his tax debt, avoid prison and then SUE THE BEJESUS out of CBS.

0405_richard_hatch_money_ex
Hatch -- who's currently in the custody of the U.S. Marshals while he waits to serve his sentence for not paying taxes on his $1 million prize -- has fired off an open letter to the public ... saying, "I can prove my innocence if someone will loan me three hundred thousand dollars."

He explains, "I have until April 10, 2011 to pay the Malaysian government the tax they are due for the work I did on Survivor ten years ago, taxes the producer's of Survivor and CBS Television were legally required to pay to the Malaysian Revenue Board."

Hatch says if he makes the payment, his tax problems will be over for good -- and he can focus on filing a lawsuit against CBS, "Survivor" creator Mark Burnett and others related with the show for the "years of torment and financial devastation I have incurred as a result of their improper actions."

Hatch also believes he's being used by the IRS as a "poster child" for what can happen if you don't pay your taxes ... stating, "The government has very effectively exploited my notoriety to their ends and I have been powerless to stop them. "

Hatch is set to begin a 9-month prison sentence -- though he still insists he's an innocent man.

If sense were common everyone would have it.

If anyone loans money to this narcissistic prissy arrogant douchebag, you suck, swallow, & everything in between & I hope the IRS rakes you over the coals!

Cartman

He originally had a plea deal where he would spend no time and agreed to pay his taxes. When it came time to take the plea in court he decided to plead innocent instead and take it to trial.. which he did and was found guilty and sentenced to jail.

He keeps thinking he can outsmart the government when it comes to paying his taxes. I think he likes jail too as this will be his second trip to jail that didn't have to happen.

Cartman

By the way, he owes over $2 million to the US government in back taxes and fines. He must think this $300K paid to Malaysia will get him off the hook with Uncle Sam?

Again, he likes jail.

Darlene

I'm writing the check out now Richard, wait for it in the mail

BEVERLY

Something has me very confused,If Richard Hatch needs $300,000.00 to pay the IRS for his back taxes,Where in the world is the money comming from to sue CBS,It takes loads of money and a lot of expensive Attorney's.

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

CALL OCTOMOM OR SCREECH OR................

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

OH, PROPS TO #52!

anonymous

Clueless Richard still "doesn't get it". Pay up Richard, CBS has never been responsible for paying your taxes. Richard is one of the biggest MORONS of all time.

Abe

Hey Hatch.

Maybe you'll get a good cell mate and the two of you can concoct (accent on "coct") an idea for a prison reality show.

But then again, if it was successful, you'd neglect to pay taxes on that income and be in the hoosegow once again.

x

bring back recent posts

..I won't be greedy..will someone lend me 10 g's? hahaha

MikeD

Uhm.. Mr. Hatch.. I have to pay my taxes.. I try to do it on time.. but IF I don't.. there are penalties.. I try to avoid that as much as possible.. But If I can't.. I certainly don't make a Public Outcry for someone to Give Me the money, that I OWE. Get Serious dude ! Do the Crime = Pay the Time... and after that YOU STILL OWE THE Money ! Good luck on that one. LOL

Kabala

That moron doesn't deserve a nickel.

joanne johnson

you should have covered your ass while on the show. You walked around butt naked you are getting just what you asked for.

Vernon P. Alarcon

I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to pay taxes in the Malaysia so because, uh, some . . . people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over HERE in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children.

Ann