'Kumar' Actor's Gun-Toting Robber Pleads Guilty

4/6/2011 1:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kal Penn -- aka Kumar from the White Castle movies -- has the taste of sweet justice on his lips ... because the dude who robbed him at GUNPOINT last year just pled guilty to the crime.

Kal Penn Robbed at Gunpoint

According to court documents filed in D.C., Marcellus Chambers pled guilty yesterday to felony counts of robbery and assault with a deadly weapon.

In exchange for the plea, the other charges against Chambers were dropped -- and the government says it will recommend a sentence of 4 years or less behind bars.

As we first reported, Penn was President Barack Obama's Associate Director in the Office of Public Engagement when Chambers stole his wallet and two cell phones on April 20, 2010 in D.C.

The robbery was investigated by the Secret Service -- because one of the phones Penn lost in the robbery belonged to U.S. government.

Chambers is set to be sentenced tomorrow.

jus-sayin

Wouldnt want to let those 800 numbers get out now would we? hehe
Kidding!

Quinn

This guy needs to get back to acting.

TMZ dont like me

Marcellus Chambers? Oh yeah. He got robbed by a black dude. I got a cousin named Marcellus, LOL....

Voodoo Doll

I miss kal penn doing movies...

he should leave the obama administration and make another white castle movie

Sarafina

He's handsome and funny as hell! Hope he does a movie soon.

MariJoy

"...Associate Director in the Office of Public Engagement" - like we really NEED one of them...
and we wonder why the clowns can't reach an agreement on the budget?

DOWN WITH BIG GOVERNMENT!!!

Abraham Lincoln

He robbed Kumar on 4/20?!? Dude should get the death penalty for that.

Details?

Proof, Obama's czars really do rob people!

.:Loki4Ever:.

White Castle is one of THE BEST MOVIES to watch baked!!! TOKE IT UP AMERICA

Bobo Frog

The Harold and Kumar Christmas movie is coming this year...and I can't wait.

And Details....ummm...he didn't rob anyone...he got robbed. Do you read the articles or just look at the pictures?

Mr. LawMan

since hes being charged with felonies he can spend one or more years in jail

Details?

Hey Bobo frog, it was one of Obama's Office Directors that robbed Kal Penn aka Kumar!

If you read the article yourself and then my comment, you might have understood the poltical humor of my comment. I would think being a fan, you would have a keener sense of humor

Clearly it maybe you that is not doing the reading.

No offense intended, but before you try to slam another...you should check twice.

Bobo Frog

Details....no...Kal Penn was Obama's Office Director. That's what the story says. In addition to being an actor, he was working for President Obama which is why the secret service got involved to get back his phones.

Details?

Bobo Frog, I am wrong. I guess my mind could not comprehend Kumar (Kal Penn) as being in the government. My bad.
Thanks for not gloating.

JEAN-CLAUDE

I WISH HE WOULD GO BACK TO "HOUSE"