« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

LeBron's Mom to Cop -- 'I Don't Trust Your Kind'

4/7/2011 12:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

LeBron James' mother slapped a Miami Beach valet so hard in the face, she lost her balance and fell to the ground -- then told a police officer, "I don't trust your kind" ... this according to the police report.

Gloria James

The arresting officer says he tried to question 43-year-old Gloria James about the alleged incident at the scene early this morning ... but he got "no response just a stare."  After a while, she eventually admitted to having a "minor verbal altercation" with the valet.

The cop says the valet explained that he retrieved James' car and put it on the valet ramp in front of the hotel while Gloria and a female driver stood around talking to people for 30 minutes. Finally, the valet says he turned the car off.

The valet says Gloria then approached him and stated, "Where are my f**king keys and continued yelling profanities at the victim."

The report explains, "Then for no apparent reason the arrestee struck the victim with an open had [sic] across the right side of his face  and in the process causing herself to lose her balance and falling to the ground."

After Gloria was transported to a nearby police station, the report continues, a shift commander -- Lt. Acosta -- tried to speak with James who responded, "I'm trying to trust you but I don't trust your kind ... I don't trust that officer who arrested me."

Gloria then told police she "was not going to cooperate because she did nothing wrong."

UPDATE: Police have released a photo of Gloria being taken into custody.

0407_gloria_james_arrest_subasset

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

TMZ dont like me

Damn, first they lose to the Milwaukee Bucks last night, and now this. I know LeBron feels like hiding in the VIP room of Miami's hottest strip club, right about now...

Olivia W

"Then for no apparent reason the arrestee struck the victim with an open had [sic] across the right side of his face and in the process causing herself to lose her balance and falling to the ground."

Kanye West, Chris Brown and Weezy please report to BET and explain why the haters need to be stopped! Chris Brown and Oprah this is your moment to stop the haters from demonizing poor old mama.

The View this is your time. Whoopi and Sherri Shepherd you have been activated. Operation Throw Your Hands Up begins.

dd

Hey Rizzo are you one of the New Jersey housewives husbands, or is your kid on the Jersey shore? NOW THAT'S CLASS..check your background first.

ThinkingWoman

I don't trust arrogant nouveau riche nobodies.

MikeD

IT'S BEEN 23 HOURS AND YOUR STAFF ARE SO STUPID THEY CANNOT TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A YOU TUBE VIDEO.. AND A DO***ENT FORMAT.... IT'S STILL NOT WORKING ! OH BOY.. I'M GOING TO TELL HARVEY ON YOU BOYS BIG TIME - - - UNLESS YOU GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ARSE.. AND FIX IT FOR CHRISTS sAKE ! THANK YOU !

Sammie

And we wonder why the climate of hate continues toward police officers.

TMZ dont like me

Maybe she slapped the valet because he looked like Delonte West...

Olivia W

"Then for no apparent reason the arrestee struck the victim with an open hand across the right side of his face"

Getting to be you can't get drunk and beat the valet without being arrested! What is Miami coming to?! Don't you know she already doesn't trust your kind? Does she really need to repeat it to your face? Isn't it common knowledge that she doesn't trust your kind?

"I'm trying to trust you but I don't trust your kind"

Al

LeMom

Olivia W

News Flash! This just in from BET, Oprah and The View:

When Lebron James's mother, Gloria James, states "I don't trust your kind" she's not being racist she's just being "Old timmey". We must all support Gloria James through this difficult time.

Poor poor poor Gloria James, the media is so hard on her! Wipe those tears Oprah! Wipe those fresh tears from her eyes Oprah. She's not racist she's just tired.

DetroitRocks

I am sure Lebrons father will take care of everything

Olivia W

Oprah, The View and BET this is your time to shine. Support this woman and what she stands for. Whoopi and Sherri Sheperd it's your time to chime in!

"Where are my f**king keys and continued yelling profanities at the victim."

Speak out against the cruel and terrible valet parkers of the extremely wealthy. Report this unjustice for all the world to see BET.

Did she say, "I don't trust your kind Pinky" under her breath?
Probably.

dd

No Olivia she's just a drunk like Mel Gibson, the dude from Seinfeld and many more...she needs rehab, and you don't know what the cop was could have been black...you are just assuming, I'm sure no one in your atmosphere has ever been drunk or out of control.

Canadasux

Lock her up and throw away the keys on this self-important, anti-authority bee-otch!

chuckie

A white valet, and white cop in wonder???? Just saying.