« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

LeBron's Mom to Cop -- 'I Don't Trust Your Kind'

4/7/2011 12:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

LeBron James' mother slapped a Miami Beach valet so hard in the face, she lost her balance and fell to the ground -- then told a police officer, "I don't trust your kind" ... this according to the police report.

Gloria James

The arresting officer says he tried to question 43-year-old Gloria James about the alleged incident at the scene early this morning ... but he got "no response just a stare."  After a while, she eventually admitted to having a "minor verbal altercation" with the valet.

The cop says the valet explained that he retrieved James' car and put it on the valet ramp in front of the hotel while Gloria and a female driver stood around talking to people for 30 minutes. Finally, the valet says he turned the car off.

The valet says Gloria then approached him and stated, "Where are my f**king keys and continued yelling profanities at the victim."

The report explains, "Then for no apparent reason the arrestee struck the victim with an open had [sic] across the right side of his face  and in the process causing herself to lose her balance and falling to the ground."

After Gloria was transported to a nearby police station, the report continues, a shift commander -- Lt. Acosta -- tried to speak with James who responded, "I'm trying to trust you but I don't trust your kind ... I don't trust that officer who arrested me."

Gloria then told police she "was not going to cooperate because she did nothing wrong."

UPDATE: Police have released a photo of Gloria being taken into custody.

0407_gloria_james_arrest_subasset

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

ron

Sue the RACIST BIT*H

toad

TRASH! No reason to treat people like that, especially after just crawling out of the project with no thanks to herself!

Harry Kuheim

This is a Hate Crime maybe DOJ could investigate? Can you imagine if a White woman slapped a Black valet and said these words? Where is the "Justice"?

Olivia W

When Chris Brown beat her in the face in his car and choked her what happened? BET called the media telling the story racist. Why? It's racist to report stories in the media, that's why.

"The valet attendant Gloria James allegedly assaulted early this morning is already meeting with a lawyer to discuss his legal options"

Aren't you going to protect your mother Lebron James?

Her victim is already getting legal, why are you so quiet Lebron? It's your money she's going to use, don't you have a speech prepared for your mothers drunken abuse?

Lizz

<3 No. 4! The ultimate embarrassment to her son! I can't stand people like that. Hope they teach her a lesson... Just cause you song has buku cash, doesn't mean YOU can act like an ASS (and go around slapping people!).

Ur Gay

Where's Jesse Jackson-Al Sharpton-Rosie O'Donnell?
This situation is sad-hopefully, the mother-son relationship isn't damaged- I agree with the mother-who would possibly trust a cop in this country or any other?

Why is it when a black person makes headlines -blacks continue to run to their defense and right a "known wrong/ -if there is more than one, present- they act all tough-" "Talk tough?"

Everyone is accused of being racist?

Anyone that says they are not racist is lying-black or white!
Most of us grew up with people from a whole other generation.
I worked with a black woman, who would park in the handicap spaces and say as she did "well we might as well be handicapped"-referring to the fact that she was black-she said and did what she wanted and got away with it knowing that she had a lawsuit if disciplined or fired!
P.S. she was te worst worker of the group-she would go in buildings and sleep -until someone reported her-meaning more than one person-complained.

Off topic, "where is Obama's birth record-the official one not the half assed, made up one"
From this point on I believe everyone running for President should produce the paperwork-we have to when we apply for jobs-school, etc.
I'm not reading feedback-so waste your time if you must.
Thank You!

Phreaky

Can you even imagine if a white police office, or valet employee had looked at this woman and said "I don't trust your kind" - There would be a ****storm that would last for months. Rev Al Sharpton would scream "This is not 1920! This is racist!".
But because she said it, she will say it meant something else, and that will be the end of it.
Disgusting.

Janice

Damn, momma is tough! She must've kicked LeBron around several times, hahaha!

Olivia W

When asked Lebron here's what you can say

"My mother does not drink. She suffered a sprain in her foot and was falling when she reached for help"

also

"My mother is not racist. She said "I don't trust your kind" refering to the persons relligion not ethnicity"

Here's another good one Lebron you should have prepared for the tough reporters

"No. My mother is not a mean old drunk that violently attacks strangers and lashes out."

"My mother does not attack people that try to help her stand up when she falls down drunk"

You can use all those Lebron when you are defending your mother at the big press conference. (haha big press conference)

Olivia W

What's the payout for being violently attacked by a drunk billioniares mean mother? Is it still 700 million dollars? It should be.

Yo Stupid

@14 Damn right it's 2011 and whites can say what they like too. The woman was acting like a dumb ass ghetto black bitch with no education. I hope she get's the sh*t sued out of her.

WatcherOne

When a white celebrity makes a racist comment, they must go to either Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton for absolution...who will this woman need to go see? I hope the valet sues her into the ground.

Valstann

wheres al sharpten
im sick and tired of people crying about racism .when those people are the most racist in this planet

Olivia W

TMZ this is where you ask to see the dashboard video of the arrest. If you recall there was a matter with a Mrs. Sugartits where the police had refuses to disclose the dashboard recorder media to the public.

I'm sure right now Oprah is watching the Dashboard video. It's Oprah, who do you think pays the most?

Get that media!

Lou

#8 Thanks for your candid and correct answer. I wish the world had more of you.