« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

LeBron's Mom to Cop -- 'I Don't Trust Your Kind'

4/7/2011 12:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

LeBron James' mother slapped a Miami Beach valet so hard in the face, she lost her balance and fell to the ground -- then told a police officer, "I don't trust your kind" ... this according to the police report.

Gloria James

The arresting officer says he tried to question 43-year-old Gloria James about the alleged incident at the scene early this morning ... but he got "no response just a stare."  After a while, she eventually admitted to having a "minor verbal altercation" with the valet.

The cop says the valet explained that he retrieved James' car and put it on the valet ramp in front of the hotel while Gloria and a female driver stood around talking to people for 30 minutes. Finally, the valet says he turned the car off.

The valet says Gloria then approached him and stated, "Where are my f**king keys and continued yelling profanities at the victim."

The report explains, "Then for no apparent reason the arrestee struck the victim with an open had [sic] across the right side of his face  and in the process causing herself to lose her balance and falling to the ground."

After Gloria was transported to a nearby police station, the report continues, a shift commander -- Lt. Acosta -- tried to speak with James who responded, "I'm trying to trust you but I don't trust your kind ... I don't trust that officer who arrested me."

Gloria then told police she "was not going to cooperate because she did nothing wrong."

UPDATE: Police have released a photo of Gloria being taken into custody.

0407_gloria_james_arrest_subasset

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

CrisDizzle

Heard that Delonte West paid the bail to get Lebron's mom out of the slammer. Next stop: wedding chapel!

Olivia W

Matt Lauer did it to Kanye on the Today show. ABC did it to Chris Brown on ABC. Now the media is doing it to Gloria James.

BET do your job.

You did it for Kanye the day after, you did it for Chris Brown the day after. Do it for Gloria the day after now. Speak out against this racial injustice.

brenda

She can compare notes now with Amare's mother.

John

wow TMZ made 1 hour without a charlie sheen story on main page!!

YouDontSay

"I'm being followed by a moon cricket,
Moon cricket,
Moon cricket..."

Olivia W

"I don't trust your kind"

Still no report on BET. How will we know for sure there are people offering their support to poor old Gloria Lebron?

BET you must promote unity and harmony in the inner city, if we can't trust you to report the news honestly than who can we trust?

This poor woman was knocked to the floor by valet and dragged to a police station in a police car that WREAKED of alcohol. Shame on you BET for not reporting the truth.

Shame on you Lebron defeding your mother.

Right now ABC, NBC and CBS are contaction Lebron James asking for a statement to defend his poor momma.

Lebron James is refusing to defend his own mother!

What a terrible thing! BET, do something oh poor poor poor Gloria James, oh poor defenseless old woman knocked to the ground.

cindyloo

Watch. LeBron will pay this guy off. Stupid 'mom'.

kp

should be proud of this bitchy moma, what the hell is wrong with people that they think they can do this to other people.

Olivia W

It's like the pot calling the kettle...

Oh I can't say that it's racist. Racism everywhere! BET come save us from this travesty! Whoopi, Sherri Sheperd save us from the hatred against poor old weak frail Gloria James!

They said when Lebrons mom said "trying to trust you but I don't trust your kind" is like the pot calling the kettle black. It's terrible. Oprah do something!

Dawn

Gigi #129 - I'm not ashamed of who I am, I'm actually quite proud. I'm just tired of hearing these stories and people just hating. Kinda like the way you are....Why so angry? I have a right to an opinion just like you do. I'm just saying that people talk with the hearts and their heads...not the color of their skin. Wow..where did religion and all that crap come from? You are just like the media putting words in my mouth that I didn't say. Stop hating and make the world a better place. Take it for what it's worth...

jxtr

She does not have to cooperate with the investigation. I am sure that a surveillance camera recorded the entire incident and will support the victim's statement.

Olivia W

"Do you know who I am?" "Do you know who my son is?"

"My son Lebron James is prepared to do absolutely nothing against these accusations untill your state runs out of funds."

"That's who I am and that's why I don't trust your kind"

janet

Here we go again, the classic Black Crap.

No reason to hit a parking attendent, simply because the car wasn't there at the snap of your fingers.

Olivia W

"Yeah my mom's racist but it doesn't mean I'm racist. It just means I'm real selective about the color of peoples skin that I associate with"

"Incedently, may I kiss your white baby while my cousin photographs me?"

So What

I do not trust any of your kind out there in this country. So take that. bah Bah Bah Bite Me BIG BITCH