Betty White

BLASTS Lohan, Sheen

4/8/2011 3:33 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Betty White just UNLOADED on Lindsay Lohan and Charlie Sheen -- claiming she "cannot stand" their over-the-top lifestyles ... and blasting them for letting their careers spiral out of control.

0408_betty_white_lindsay_lohan_charliee_sheen_getty_tmz_bn

Betty went off on the stars yesterday ... telling the Daily Mail,  “I cannot stand the people who get wonderful starts in show business and who abuse it. Lindsay Lohan and Charlie Sheen for example."

But Betty didn’t stop there -- claiming, “They party too much, don’t learn their lines, are unprofessional, and they grumble about everything. I think they are terribly ungrateful.”

Back in her day, Betty adds, "We considered ourselves lucky ... and were always on our best behavior in public." Times have changed.

Previous 15 Comments | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14

Heather

Betty is so right. Actors and Actresses act like they're above everything, Lindsay and Charlie. Partly because the courts let them get away with so much, and people still buy in.

They're blessed to have the careers they have, and they abuse it.

bored

Somebody should tell that old bag to retire and keep her mouth shut

Chaps

The Truth

Chuckles Krack Korner is the Kookiest!

Korner Kreeper Sheen has Kunis hiding!

Stalker mo fo!

Alan Carver

The majority rules HERE and that would be that Betty White - You Are 100% Correct with your Assessment of Young Hollywood! You Nailed It! Thank you! We are well-respected amongst your acting peers and the community because you have maintained and handled yourself in a very special league, that sets you completely apart from the likes of a Lohan or Sheen! Thank You!

Chaps

Lindsay is all over the news asking "WTF? Why me?" LOL

Grow a clue, Lins!

And Chuckles is thinking "I know, I know, I get that from mom all the time!"

Barry

I agree with pretty much everything she said except the notion that it was different "back in the day". You can go back to any period in time and you'll see that not everyone was a good role model like Betty. The public has always loved their bad girls and bad boys.

Lee

Thanks, Betty!!! You just publicly said what the rest of us are thinking. You rock!!! Idiots like Sheen and Lohan don't deserve their celebrity.

shadyrene

I have the strangest concern for Lindsay. I feel so connected to her in the craziest way. I think she is lost and honestly does not know who she can really trust. Instead of judging we should all try speaking blessings over her. I have often heard you can speak blessings or cursings over people. The power of the tounge is amazingly strong so maybe if we talk about the good in her a little more then we will see more good come out.

LILLY

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH BETTY WHITE THAT WHY SHE SURVIVED SO LONG IN THE BUSINESS, I NEVER MISS HER ON HOT IN CLEVELAND SHE IS JUST GREAT. FORGET ABOUT LOSERS

RCJ

Betty will probably outlive both of those idiots. Go Betty!

Anne

SHES RIGHT ABOUT SHEEN, I WOULD HAVE GONE ALITTLE EASYER ON LOHAN, BUT I GET HER POINT, WISDOM RULES. I agree with you that I can be a little ticked at Charlie, but I think it ironic that I saw a less followed after clip of Emilio Estevez Gushing about Lindsay Lohan with respect to his movie Bobby and her professionalism on set and this comment kind of (Betty Whites comment that is) null and voids emilios becuse it is more famous! I saw it constantly for a month and I bet atleast as many saw her comment as saw emilio. :) LL looked so genuinely touched it was ilke the sweetest eppy in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD! I do feel annoyed at CS but just as much feel actually bad for him. I don't think He is a bad person at heart, but the more I read online the more I realize when I read about his father talking about dealing with sobriety it looks like he had just struggles upon struggles upon struggles (MS) and I m going to take a wild stab in that dark that affected charlie. but yea, I just basically sluffed off her comment to Lindsay as I saw that comment about Emilio counter-pointing it big time. Yea, I know Linds has made choices, but I also get that if she made a better choice she could have made a compliment about that and also all "young actors" are dealing with stuff any more than Charlie Sheen = a representation of every guy his age. what about tom cruise, keifer sutherland, emilio estevez, martin sheen is very OBVIOUSLy living a clean life and doing whatever he can (I feel) to help Charlie, Tom Hanks, Matt Damon and Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner, I could name names of celebrities who are "clean living young actors/actresses. I can think of atleast a few younger that that appear to be clean living. Joshua Jackson is one of them! All actors are not "bad" but I think too it is simplistic to say that Charlie Sheen is just evil. I would not doubt it is a combo of hollywood life, a rough childhood, stress of daily living, drugs that cause his struggles. :) Take as much time to pray for him as you do to wish him dead like I have seen online.

Previous 15 Comments | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14