Bravo

Says 'Buh-Bye' to

D.C. Housewives

4/8/2011 8:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Real Housewives franchise is minus one city today--as Bravo decided to pull the plug on "The Real Housewives of D.C." after just one season.

0806_DC_Housewives_103258344
“We had an amazing season and we told stories that were unique to any other in the franchise. I wish all our DC Wives the best and hope to work with them again in another capacity,” Bravo exec Andy Cohen told the TV Column yesterday.

The cancellation marks the first time in Real Housewives history a show hasn't been picked up for a second season.

For anyone still keeping track, the remaining 'Housewives" cities are Beverly Hills, OC, New Jersey, Atlanta, New York and Miami.

Titanium

In order for a reality show to stick around for more than one season it has to have fake boobs, fights, excess drinking, and partying. I liked this show, but I have to admit that it wasn't as wild as the other shows in the franchise.

Home Skillet

Awww - I enjoyed the DC show. All except that Michaela Salahi and her creepy husband. Those two are walking, breathing fraud on a stick.

If sense were common everyone would have it.

Buh-bye pseudo-tough bad-ass-wannabe english b****.

Missy

Good! They can cut the Miami show too while they're at it! Can we say....BOOOOOOORING!!!

Home Skillet

The Miami group suuuuuuuucks. More NYC, NJ, ATL, OC and BH!!

Kàt

Could we get some more botox please? Holy smokes! Why do some women think that plastic surgery and injections are going to make them look so much better? Good Lord!

Ketielynn

These women will be better off, without the show. I think it is a blessing (for them) in disguise. So many friendships, marriages, etc. have been ruined for other "housewives".

tahoegeminii

Salahi IS the reason this show was cancelled-Bravo put her on there for ratings -but I am sure they were starting to fear some kind of made up law suit-she is the kind of slip-trip and fall bee-yotch that sues people for shaking her hand to hard-don't laugh - a wealthy older man I knew had a scammer he meet at a ****tail party say he shook her hand to hard and she had 6 months of medical bills and stress over it-his insurance company settled-he spent a total of 3 minutes in her presence with others present-so I can bet Bravo is quaking in their boots right now that she doesn't sue for some complete crraappp reason-someone needs to shoot her quick

Jodi

I watch the RH but didn't watch this one so I don't know why it was canceled so soon...must have been REALLY boring.

alyssa

Best news I've heard in a long time. They all sucked. @#6...definately..bring on NYC, Atl and OC STAT

Glenda

I watched the entire season of RHODC. But not the Miami. I think their just adding too many franchises to this and it's getting too expensive. Kick Miami to the curb and keep DC.

blackgirlwhiteguy

Good! Boring and so obviously staged, not that the others aren't DC was just so obvious.

Alli

I am so surprised that D.C. Housewives was canceled, and they are keeping the pathetic Miami Housewives. D.C. Housewives was not at all boring, it was very entertaining! I think Bravo has made a very big mistake.

piperd

New Jersey is not a city, TMZ.

steve