Bravo

Says 'Buh-Bye' to

D.C. Housewives

4/8/2011 8:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Real Housewives franchise is minus one city today--as Bravo decided to pull the plug on "The Real Housewives of D.C." after just one season.

0806_DC_Housewives_103258344
“We had an amazing season and we told stories that were unique to any other in the franchise. I wish all our DC Wives the best and hope to work with them again in another capacity,” Bravo exec Andy Cohen told the TV Column yesterday.

The cancellation marks the first time in Real Housewives history a show hasn't been picked up for a second season.

For anyone still keeping track, the remaining 'Housewives" cities are Beverly Hills, OC, New Jersey, Atlanta, New York and Miami.

Damon

The Salahi's got Bravo and anyone connected to it blackballed.

Kat's husband was Obamas presidential photographer;her involvement with the Salahi's got her disinvited to all State functions, which is odd when your husband spends all day with the President (big reason for their divorce)!

The other women were also univited/unwelcome simply by association.

Barb

Hopefully, Miami and Beverly Hills RH are next, Actually, all of the housewives on all of the series are pretty vacuous, vain, pretentious and/or just trying to promote their businesses or their husband's businesses. Why else would they do these shows?

Alexa

THANK YOU ANDY COHEN !!!! CAT WAS A GUTTER MOUTH MEAN DRUNK, MARY WAS A LAZY DRUNK, STACIE WAS NOBODY AND LYNDA WAS THE OLD, GUTTER MOUTH BACKSTABBER !!!

latonya

Miami should've been axed first!! Felt like you were watchin Telemundo..

leeray

prayers do come true ,see ya bitches,maybe networks can start making real shows instead of looking in to lives of people who spend more money on a hand bag then some family spend on food for a month.I dare then to take the money they use to buy that back and donate it to a worthy charity .we need to stop being so marterialistic.

Dayna

YEAH, I agree with #5 & #6.

keepinitrealincali

I agree with others commenting on here. I watched a few DC shows and they were boring; that show had no personality. Miami sucks too and needs to be the next one given the boot, which I think has already happened because as someone has already mentioned, the season was too short. I don't watch NY and NJ so I can't give my take on those two. Love OC, ATL and BH (glad to hear that the entire BH cast will return, as there was some question as to if Kim Richards would come back).

King Ken

Not to sad to hear this news... D.C. and Miami are the most boring housewives in history! More ATL, NYC, and BH! THey're the only ones worth watching! ATL is my favorite though (just like I'm sure it is for most of you lol).

Yoyo

I think its because of what happen with that couple who crashed the presidents party. That brought alot of publicity. I mean that was a big deal. And Bravo probably had to consider the risk if it ever happened again..

jb

Thanks BRAVO. This bunch of nobodies were really painful to watch. really desperate for their 15 mins in the limelight They were all so nasty and mean..yuck !.DC is truly Hollywood for ugly people.

desti

why the hell they do that. pull the plug on mia

Texan

Good..I hated this one. Now, get rid of Miami too!

Jenn

THANK YOUU BRAVO and anyone responsible for pulling that plug.. This was the biggest crock of s**t show... It's obvious they were not gonna come back for season 2, hopefully Miami will go next... Linda was super-wack.. Im glad they're out... The D.C. Housewives were WACK....
NEWSFLASH: YOUR BORING... BYEEEE...
The only way Miami should be picked up for season 2 is if they changed the cast especially casting off Larsa and Cristi...

Kori

To be honest the only reason why I watched the show was to see the Salahi’s crash the white house party. I knew from the moment I started watching the season that there would not be a 2nd season. I know everybody hates the Salahi’s but they made the show. The women of the show seemed so down to earth especially Stacey. I loved her realness. I didn’t even bother watching the Miami housewives either. I would love for Bravo to do a Real Housewives of Compton, or maybe Detroit.

Ms Vy

AWE, too bad as I actually like them with exception to the bony chick and her controlling dude. They should have actually cancelled those "if you mess with my family, you mess with me" Bitc$#%%. What does that mean, and who is scared, they are the most uneducated and ignorant bunch of cows on television. Hate Jersey more since experiencing them...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments