Bravo

Says 'Buh-Bye' to

D.C. Housewives

4/8/2011 8:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Real Housewives franchise is minus one city today--as Bravo decided to pull the plug on "The Real Housewives of D.C." after just one season.

0806_DC_Housewives_103258344
“We had an amazing season and we told stories that were unique to any other in the franchise. I wish all our DC Wives the best and hope to work with them again in another capacity,” Bravo exec Andy Cohen told the TV Column yesterday.

The cancellation marks the first time in Real Housewives history a show hasn't been picked up for a second season.

For anyone still keeping track, the remaining 'Housewives" cities are Beverly Hills, OC, New Jersey, Atlanta, New York and Miami.

Amber

It was the only one I could actually stand to watch. :/ I just never heard or saw promos of it so I could never tune in...

dawn

I hope that they cancel Miami while they are at it. The season seemed to just being, waiting for something funny or exciting to happen and it was over? Miami is much more exciting and much more interesting people living there than that.

Keep NYC, NJ, OC, and Beverly Hills! Please make one in the great Midwest and second city, Chicago!! You have been ignoring us Andy.... educated beautiful women live here who don't beat around the bush when something needs to be said.

I heard you are adding Houston? Why? We have seen enough uneducated bad behavior in the Atlanta show.

hwwanabe

I was hoping this was the outcome for this crew. I watched the season cuz I am addicted but it was tough. Boring actually rates this one too high!

Linda

I couldn't stand that housewife show. It's been gone , but now it's final makes it better. Miami is going to be right behind it, sorry to say, but that's my opinion. Some of that stuff is rediculas with the art dealer womanfrom brazil or the blonde with 5 kids or the one that just stand there and look pretty and try to remember lines. What a waste Andy.

Steve

Michaele Salahi was the only exciting one.
We watched the housewives for the first time after hearing about the salahis. now we watch other ones too.

gege

I'm so disappointed. They showed actual "real" life normal drama. We watched the couple go into the Presidents dinner and then we really heard this actually happened. Bad mistake taking this show off the air. Keep some real reality on the tv. Everything doesn't have to be about "money" "sex" "fights" and "How much money you claim to have".

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4