Pia After 'Idol' -- 'Everyone Was Sobbing'

4/8/2011 3:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Pia Toscano and the rest of the "American idol" finalists were a crying mess after the 22-year-old's shocking elimination last night -- sources connected with the show tell TMZ.

Pia Toscano American Idol
"Everyone was sobbing" after the show, says one of our "Idol" spies.  We're told Pia was probably the most popular contestant among the contestants, and, "They were totally bummed out she was leaving."

The contestants -- sans Pia -- showed up for the "Kiss Off Dinner" at a restaurant in L.A.  Pia made her entrance after everyone was seated  ... followed by tears, more tears, and then one of the producers put it in perspective to make it all better, saying, "The point of 'Idol' is to launch careers.  Pia, you're launched."

We're told Pia didn't check out of the "Idol" hotel last night, but she'll be out of there today.

UPDATE: Apparently, Pia ran out of tears, because earlier today she was seen out in L.A. with a big, fat smile on her face.

0408_pia_PCN

country dog

Would rather listen to Casey over Pia any time. Plastic Pia went home. Big deal. They will all go home except one. She'll find a career somewhere.

BD

who ****ing cares about a karaoke singer

aquanet

She's pretty and all, but she has the stage charisma of a cardboard cut out. BORING pagent contestant that will have a nice career on the cruiseship circut

jason

As for Casey not having talent:

Don't forget that Randy called Casey the most talented overall musician they've ever had on the show. I basically agree with him. Casey sometimes disappoints; that's because he takes *risks*.

cb

I am sad as Pia had everything it takes to be the American Idol. But atleast she will still have the tour to look forward to and someone will be there set her up to get her music career started, I'm sure.

Chavon

I am so shocked and disappointed that Pia was sent home. Haley, is so wrong for smiling and laughing at Pia when she was in the bottom 3. Haley should be in the bottom 3. That is a fact! Pia is way better singer than Haley. A good contestant should not be smiling and laughing, when all the judges and contestest have such a bond together.

BEE

I will admit she has a good voice...but as far as comparing her to Whittney, Celine and others...little premature!! I found her BORING as HELL with no OOMP!!! Look at James, Hailey etc there stage presence.. and then look at PIA...she just stands there...and sings only the songs that she can belt out...i think America got it right....i think its funny to listen about the judges that they were in SHOCK!!! Oh please....she wasn't the only contestant thank you very much!!! I love James...he is GREAT and has that Star Quality and stage presence!!! Buh Bye PIA....and i think its kind of ridiculous...at age 22 (same age as my daughter) she looks like shes 32.....go back to school...music industry hard place to be....

mariangela

Pia has a nice voice but is a pretty lame performer, and doesn't project the passion and energy necessary to captivate an audience. No charisma whatsoever!! People voted for their favorites, and Pia was not one of them. End of story! And... those theories about jealous females not voting for her are really stupid. People just did not connect with her. She was quite predictable, stiff and boring. Even my husband and my son agree.

Donna Spinelli

Shocked at Pia's dismissal. I think there is definitely an anti-northeast bias. I blame myself in small part because I didn't vote for her because I was so sure she'd get through. I thought she was going to win the whole thing. I agree with the above comment that Haley was absolutely happy that Pia got the boot. She seems to be a real "Mean Girl" and will be rooting against her the rest of the season. I am sure Pia will get a contract with someone and now has a head start on all of them. Good Luck to Pia...I will definitely miss her.

Carl

The producers are right about the "launch". Once you make it into the top 10 you gain enough of a break that if you are going to have a career in the industry it will happen. Obviously most contestants, even the winners, go nowhere. I'm just saying if you are a great talent you have your shot. Jennifer Hudson is a great example.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

what I want to know is can she cook??

Sam

I thought she was one of the better singers. Much better than Steffano and Scotty. Scotty is a one trick pony.

John

Wow way to many morons and there is only 20 comments so far... I think this is a TMZ record lol.

First off Casey is a good singer and very talented. Who knows if will win but judges were right in saving him. **** if Bieber can make it big then this guy can be the next MJ lol..

As for Pia I am shocked she is gone and not some of the others. I am pretty sure she will get some sort of a record deal anyways. She is a great talent but like some have pointed out she can be sort of boring. If she has someone good behind her helping her I could see her be a major star easy. This is a common problem with MOST artists starting out. Most first albums can take 2 or 3 years to hit the streets so they can over come this.

Now its up to American Idol to let her sign with someone. Its a catch 22 when you do these type of shows because now she is in contract with them.

Denise

It should have been Jacob what a girl!!!

Donna

What a stunningly beautiful girl. She will be fine if she sings as incredible as she looks.