Pia After 'Idol' -- 'Everyone Was Sobbing'

4/8/2011 3:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Pia Toscano and the rest of the "American idol" finalists were a crying mess after the 22-year-old's shocking elimination last night -- sources connected with the show tell TMZ.

Pia Toscano American Idol
"Everyone was sobbing" after the show, says one of our "Idol" spies.  We're told Pia was probably the most popular contestant among the contestants, and, "They were totally bummed out she was leaving."

The contestants -- sans Pia -- showed up for the "Kiss Off Dinner" at a restaurant in L.A.  Pia made her entrance after everyone was seated  ... followed by tears, more tears, and then one of the producers put it in perspective to make it all better, saying, "The point of 'Idol' is to launch careers.  Pia, you're launched."

We're told Pia didn't check out of the "Idol" hotel last night, but she'll be out of there today.

UPDATE: Apparently, Pia ran out of tears, because earlier today she was seen out in L.A. with a big, fat smile on her face.

0408_pia_PCN

realrealitytvproducer

GLOVES OFF… I’M JUDGING THE JUDGES!

“Idol” is in trouble. For real. I will not be watching any more. The show has forgotten its main mission… to find an “American IDOL.” Simon Cowell, may not have been loved by everyone. But he fully understood that the show was about finding a SUPERSTAR.

These judges are no longer spearheading the search for an Idol. They have thrown in the towel. Producers have put a lock on their jaws – no longer allowed to share HONEST opinion as to who has the “it” factor. Instead, the judges have become boring cheerleaders… no longer offering vocal, musical critiques. EVERYONE is great. EVERYONE is… yawn… amazing. EVERYONE is “Goose pimple” inducing. Yawn.

Judges… here is my judging of YOU. Take note before you kill this show.

1. BE A JUDGE! JUST SAYING “GREAT JOB,” HELPS NO ONE. Judges, you are “EXPERTS!” Tell the contestants what is WORKING or NOT WORKING with each performance. With all your experience. Say SOMETHING! ANYTHING. “Yo, (fill in the blank) is in it to win it” is NOT a vocal critique, FYI. You all suffer from EDS… “Ellen DeGeneres Syndrome.” It’s boring as hell. AND you are not helping America find an Idol.

2. Remember your mission… You are helping American find an “American IDOL.” Um, you think country boy is REALLY going to be an “Idol?” Elvis, Elton, Springsteen = idols. That kid is obviously green and FAR from being “Idol” potential. His corny eyebrow wiggling, mugging to the camera… it’s hokey, amateurish. JUST SAY IT! You all have ZERO credibility with your utter lack of honesty.

3. STEVEN TYLER: This week you said after “Country Boy’s” performance that you liked his performance and that you had been wondering before if he was “all hat and no cattle” (or something like that). WHY DIDN’T YOU ACTUALLY SAY THAT WHEN YOU REALLY THOUGHT IT? KEEPING THOSE THOUGHTS IN YOUR HEAD WHEN YOU HAVE THEM AND NOT SHARING THEM IS TOTALLY USELESS… HELLO?!?!? Also, you haven’t given one actual VOCAL or PERFORMANCE critique in WEEKS. Remember, you’re on the show in that seat… not just to WATCH THE SHOW!
You are a rock legend. Give these kids some help. Give America guidance about who you think could be an AMERICAN SUPERSTAR!

A million guys at a million bars are having a million drinks – your (paraphrased) critique of Pia’s last performance. WHHHAAAT?!?! Earth to Steven… WHAT IN YOUR OPINION IS NEEDED TO MAKE A “ROCK STAR?” TELL US. Who do you think has “Idol” potential? Who doesn’t? See… it’s called “American Idol” because on this show we are trying to find next American Superstar. America needs your help in finding that person. Your cute and clever and sometimes odd little quips do NOTHING to further the search for an IDOL! AND LOVING EVERYONE DOESN’T CUT IT. It’s dishonest. No one LOVES everyone. For just a second, please let us in your rock genius head and hear what you are REALLY THINKING!!!

4. RANDY: By CONSTANTLY telling Pia to sing something else other than ballads… you made viewers think she may be short on talent. Let’s be honest… country boy is NOT an American Idol. The kid can hit one deep note. One trick pony. Big deal. My Uncle can hit that same note. Randy, you’ve worked with the hottest singers/rockers in the WORLD. You can’t for a second believe this country bumpkin has “Idol” potential. SPEAK RANDY! SPEAK RANDY! SPEAK RANDY! Be honest. If that kid wins… you can largely thank yourself. You don’t offer critiques… you cheerlead. “I have three words… I loved It.” Um. Not a critique Randy. Not helpful to the contestant or to America in trying to find a SUPERSTAR. Were you actually AT all of the last seasons of of “Idol?” Watch old reruns. You seem to have forgotten what this show is about.

5. JLO: Um… it is so obvious you have a crush on Stefano. The kid is so average. We all know this (”WE” meaning anyone over 14 years old and male). You REALLY think he could be an American IDOL? You think he will sell albums? He has no charisma. He does NOT connect with the songs he is singing. He is musically/vocally average at best. YET, you keep praising him? Are things at home getting boring with you and the hubby. REMEMBER, we are looking for an AMERICAN IDOL… NOT a guy who makes you hot.

This week you told Pia to “STUDY THE GREATS,” giving the impression to viewers there was something wrong with Pia and her performance. Almost NONE of the other singers got any kind of critique close to this. Thanks to you, JLO… Pia will have PLENTY of time to study up on the greats AT HOME. If you want to critique Pia, great! Then also tell the truth about Stefano and how he belongs on a cruise ship.

I could continue on… but I think you judges get the point. Please don’t kill an otherwise great show. Watching you three judges is like watching THREE REALLY NICE, SWEET Ellen DeGeneres’. And she is a comic. She knows nothing about music. I can’t remember. Do you three know anything about music? Oh, you do! Great! Perhaps it’s time you share what you know with America and help judge this show again.

NOTE TO PRODUCERS:
Take the muzzle off these judges. Let them actually be JUDGES. America needs their guidance. The judges are now BORING. You’re paying each of these judges between $250,000 – $500,000 AN EPISODE for a reason. And that’s to share their educated opinions about the performances and who really is “Idol” worthy. It’s time for us to REALLY hear them.

andrea

You know all of the idiots on here making post calling the other talent on here idiots are crazy. Pia is excellent, as well as Lauren, casey, Jacob and some of the rest. All these washed up wanna b's need to get off of it and stop hating on these singers all because they do not have talent to go on American Idol. I Can bet you one thing some of these haters probally didnt even make it to the first round of tryouts.

Sal

oh boo hoo hoo! I am so glad she is gone - she puts the bore in boring.

june

What a shock it was when I saw she was kicked out. If I were the judges I would break all those dumb rules and put her back in and show the people who is tatented. What the hell was that about. This is the third season that this happen. I am going to watch again next week and if she is not in it, There goes American idol and here comes Simon show. This is really the most stupidest thing I ever seem. SO unfair that even the judges was shock. They make the rules and I think they should break the rules.

l

I loved Pia! She can sing! But WHY THE .... WOULD THE JUDGES SAVE CASEY? HIS VOICE JUST ANNOYED ME! AND WHY SHOULD PIA GO WHEN PAUL MCDONALD IS STILL ON?! HES AWFUL

Lora

I feel Pia was robbed of the title!!!! She should've won the American Idol title! My husband and I were so upset we have decided not watch the show anymore. Good Luck to James!!!

Melissa

Petition to Save Pia!

GaryR

Regardless of all the negative comments with regard to Pia and her performances, she is a class act who has a difinete niche in the music industry. Watch for Mark Antony and Jennifer Lopez to produce her first album. maybe there ARE some folks that feel Paul is a better singer than she is, but they're are obviously tone deaf. I'm not saying that she should have won the entire competition, but she definitely didn't deserve to come in 9th. She had the most quality oriented and well trained voice of the group. I'm from the music industry and I can tell you now that there are industry insiders that are now fighting over her. She's going to be HUGE in the recording marked within the next 18 months. Bank on it!

christy

I thought Pia was great...all of the contenders are good this year but I was expecting Paul or Stefano to go in this round. Actually, expecting Pia to make it to the top 5. At least she is in the Summer Tour. I think Idol needs to do something about controlling number of votes per household...some of these young girls have nothing to do but hit redial and vote all night. Just vote once and be done. Oh well...I hope Pia launches a career in spite of the outcome. She is AMAZING!!!

Springtime

Pia is a good singer and very beautiful. I think the reason why she was voted off the show was because her songs were boring and she really thought she was special. I think people saw through her act.

Quirkydude

Jason should have gone, in my opinion. I was just starting to lust after Pia.

sleepynb

I think Pia wasn't "voted off." I think her fans assumed she was safe and they wound up voting for others. It seemed like Pia was going to make it very far in this elimination phase. I do think it's an example of how "no one is safe."

Evelyn

I blame this ENTIRELY on Gwen stefani and her hideous hideous hideous styling of those beautiful girls. Gwen made them look cheap and tacky. The outfits were so unflattering, they made young beautiful girls look ridiculous. Pia is classy looking, and Lauren Elena is beautiful and Haley is pretty. They all looked absurd after the styling. I was embarrassed for them.

lauren

CRAZy - Insane Result - Pia was a pro with an amazing, ridiculously amazing voice, as well as the "whole package" What are the voters in the country thinking --- or not thinking? She is the Jennifer Hudson of 2011 IDOL - big things ahead for Pia !

Ed V.

These judges F-Up they chose their one save on the wrong person and now Pia is gone and so is my viewing of the show. You bunch of jerks. As a Puerto Rican I'm ashame to say, J-Lo you let us down.