NJ Senator RIPS Snooki -- She's a 'Degenerate'

4/8/2011 3:29 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

New Jersey state Senator Joe Kyrillos is waging war with Snooki from "The Jersey Shore" -- first proposing a law because of her ... then saying she's "a degenerate." NJ politics at its finest!

0408_snooki_01
Kyrillos wants a law in place that would prevent student funds from being used to finance events some students find objectionable ... this, after Rutgers forked over $32,000 to Snooki for an on-campus Q&A session.

Kyrillos went to describe Snooki as "a degenerate reality television star who offers neither useful advice nor any appreciable talents."

Ok, maybe he has a point.

Brady

Wow, bravo Kyrillos. A man from Jersey with some real sense. He put it wonderfully.

Kari

GOOD FOR HIM!!!!! I AGREE!!!!

Shaun

Being a politician is worse? The only reason you're able to say ur nonsense is BECAUSE of this amazing country...remember that moron

Pua

Snookie is what she is, young, dumb, and only for a minute. Calling Mr. K a degenerate NJ politician would just be over the top, heh???

jb

Note to Senator - people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Alexandra

I have to say I'm pretty tired of all the hatred directed towards the Jersey Shore kids. No, they are certainly not perfect, but who of us is? As if everyone here bashing Snooki has never gotten drunk at a club, had sex with someone they weren't in a relationship with or said things that weren't exactly the most intelligent. Let's not forget she is on a show where she is followed around all summer, and all we get to see is 45 minutes of it once a week. Plus, from watching the show, I get the impression that Snooki is a fairly average young adult. I find her to be a sweet girl who is a also a good friend.

Shaun

If I was in a glass house with Snooki...I would throw a stone at her...i dont care...they can film it too...put it on MTV...then I'll take my paycheck from it...and buy another house...without a snooki in it...

Anya

Thank-you, Mr Kyrillos! There's hope for NFew Jersey yet!

dd

WHATEVER! I wonder what skeletons are in ur closet Senator.

If sense were common everyone would have it.

Idiocy at its best. If this law gets passed he just shot himself in the foot.

"...would prevent student funds from being used to finance events some students find objectionable"

Who decides that? *Some* of the students? What's the deciding percentage, or is it just majority rules? What if it's something so ridiculous that most of the students want it, but after a protest led by a small group of very vocal whiny students who drag the local paper into it, it's quashed?

For a politician he doesn't seem to have thought this through very well. Not surprising. Maybe he should think better about hanging his peeves onto people who give not a damn about them.

Really Now

If everyone, according to the posters here, hates Jersey Shore and the cast how is it that the show remains so popular? If it is unpopular why is MTV doing two spinoffs from it? If you hate the show then dont watch it. Nobody is forcing you to or can force you to watch. There are many other options out there

AyeJay

S N O O K A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A Y !
Jew Go Girl.

bob

Yeah. She may be a 'ho, but I would still love to bust my nut between those golden brown ta-ta's.

Chun LI

Agree with # 11

camaelczarka

Are we sure they aren't related? The have the same upper lip issue going on.