"Idol" Fans -- Get Rid of Stefano, Bring Back Pia!

4/11/2011 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"American Idol" fans are bombarding the show and FOX ... demanding they bring Pia Toscano back ... and give Stefano Langone the boot.

0409_pia_stefano_TMZ_EX
Our "Idol" spies tell us hundreds of fans have been begging FOX to recognize the injustice of kicking Pia off the show, and bend the rules.  It appears these fans are organized, because they come with a singular message -- Stefano has no chance of winning and therefore he should be removed now as a sacrificial lamb so Pia can come back.

We're told the fans have even reached out to Stefano ... pleading with him to remove himself from the competition.

Certainly nothing like what the fans are asking for has ever happened on "Idol" -- but hey, it never hurts to try.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

kali

Guess all these people should have been calling in & voting for her! Get over it, she didn't get the votes!!

DatDogBitez

"hundred of fans"

Wow. Hundreds, huh? That's underwhelming. I'm sure FOX will bow down before that mighty force of public outrage.

nonymous

First of all this is not as heartbreaking an elimination as when Jennifer Hudson was eliminated. I mean Jennifer, Pia... incomparable. Second, hundreds maybe upset she went home early but MILLIONS I'm sure... I'm SURE share my opinion that (and don't get me wrong Pia has a wonderful voice) her performances lacked spark and personality. Its no longer enough to STAND there and sing. We got James setting pianos on fire, Casey playing the stand up bass and singing Nirvana, Paul with his sexy strange voice... Her only non ballad was River Deep, Mountain High (which sent her home) and unfortunately came a little too late and for me fell short. Good vocal, boring performance. WHile Stefano is dangerously close to going home next, I'm sorry, America got it right last week. I agree with #2 and will add you can vote for more than one person... I did.

John Rogers

TMZ- Get an editor! "To recognized" ??
Also, what are the judges for at this stage? They should have a percentage of the vote along with America so this doesn't happen again. They tend to be useless, liking everybody and everyone without any real power.

Steve

Without Pia, there is no American Idol Left to watch so I guess I am done watching the show this season.
She WAS the compitition. All of the contestants can sing but Pia made them work harder. Now that she is gone there is no one really to try to beat. I WANT A RECOUNT of the Votes or better yet a REVOTE. If a revote were to take place, I am POSITIVE that Pia would be back.

mija

Watching the video TMZ put up, even Stefano expected to leave. Isn't this Pia chic getting a big deal now that she's off that horrendous show? Why should she come back?

People watching Idol that aren't children need to find something better to do with their time.

storm

This is insane and the most ridiulous demand to oust stefano and bring back Pia. Why, who is she anyway? a goner like Karen R. Thia and Naima. Get a life you sickos. Pia toscano LOst and dont be suckers to intimidate stefano who has also his own fans. BULL ***

Jaime

I have no idea why they are bitching. Does anyone remember how pissed off EVERYONE was when Chris Daughtry got the boot? He has been more successful than most of the winners.

I also don't know how anyone could think it's appropriate to try to get someone else to drop out just so someone could return. The guy obviously has a lot of fans.

MIchrick

They obviously shouldn't sacrifice anyone for her, but if they had to it should be that ridiculous Scotty Mcreery. What a joke

CJ

They can't change the rules half way through the game.

Just remember that the judges burned their one 'Save' pretty early in the game on Casey who, though entertaining, probably doesn't have what it takes to win the whole thing.

Hold the judges accountable for not thinking through the 'Save' move on someone who's talented but probably not Top 10 material.

Phreaky

Idiots - she already signed a record deal, she doesn't need Idol anymore.

Kathy

These fanatical Idol fans are scary. I read an article yesterday that said Nigel Lythgoe (producer I think), said that he wasn't surprised because she was consistently low in votes. So if everyone loved her so much why not vote for her? Personally I don't see the need for her, we can already buy a Celine Dion album. Great vocalist, but not an ounce of real musician artistry. But, the votes are the votes. Sounds fair to me.

siena

That's really insane!!! Some people just can't accept the truth-- more people voted for Stefano! I think Nigel of AI said that Pia was never a frontrunner. Stefano deserves his spot. He has an amazing voice and he had stellar performances. It's unfair because people are expecting him to go first because he was at the bottom 3 twice & one of the wildcards. I believe his fan base is growing. The more they pull him down, the more his fans vote for him. We love Stefano!

MikeD

I couldn't agree MORE ! ! ! !

MIDNIGHT TOKER