Trump Rips Bill Cosby -- He's a Two-Faced Phony!

4/11/2011 4:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Donald Trump is firing back at Bill Cosby after the comedian blasted the billionaire on "The Today Show" last week -- claiming Bill's nothing more than an underhanded backstabber.

0411_trump_bill_BN_TMZ

It's all over a statement Bill made on "The Today Show," claiming the Donald should either "run or shut up" -- referring to Trump's ambiguous stance on running for President in 2012.

Trump -- who can't publicly declare his candidacy until "Celebrity Apprentice" is over -- returned fire today in a statement, claiming, "While I have never been a fan of Cosby’s, I had always assumed he liked or respected me because every time I met him ... he was always so nice."

Trumps adds, "If [Bill] doesn’t want me to run because he’s obviously an Obama fan, he should state the reasons and not ... treat me like his best friend, only to denigrate me when I’m not around."

Check out Trump's full statement after the jump.

The Donald's Statement

April 11, 2011

The other day on The Today Show, right after I was interviewed by Meredith Vieira, a terrific person and reporter, I happened to watch Bill Cosby who was on at the end of the show. While I have never been a fan of Cosby’s, I had always assumed he liked or respected me because every time I met him—the last time at the David Letterman show where I preceded him as a guest—he was always so nice, saying “let’s get together”—asking me out to dinner, and being polite to the point of offering to buy me a suit because he has a “great tailor.”

In any event, as I watched the show, the subject of Donald Trump came up.  I was surprised to hear him blabber, somewhat incoherently “you run or shut up.” The hatred was pouring out of his eyes when he said this. As I am sure he must know I cannot run until this season of Celebrity Apprentice ends. I know that he has taken a lot of heat over the years  in that he seems to be talking down to the people he’s talking to and purportedly trying to help. Actually, based on the way he acted, things are not looking too good for Cosby.

I wish he would be more honest, and if he doesn’t want me to run because he’s obviously an Obama fan, he should state the reasons and not come into my “green room” in front of numerous witnesses and treat me like his best friend, only to denigrate me when I’m not around. Sadly, he got more attention talking about me than he did on the merits of his own appearance—maybe he is not as dumb as I thought.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Jackie

Trump trying to whore the "celeb-Apprentice"....Ha ha....Two Old aged men staring drama. Both of them need to grow the f up.

brown dynamite

Donald has never been a fan of the jello pudding pops, clearly he is not what America needs. Eat the pudding.

Tinalouise

Donald, one bit of advice for you....DO NOT MESS WITH BILL COSBY!! HE IS BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY SINGLE WAY SO STEP BACK MOTHER ****ER!! Donald is showing the world what real racist he is..*******!!

Steven Sullivan

How you do 'meet' someone more than once?

Home Skillet

RUN FOR PRESIDENT DONNIE TRUMP!!! We're all looking forward to the entertainment from you being torn apart in public - your frauds being exposed, the embarrassment that you're going to receive. Two bankruptcies? Filing bankruptcy is one thing, but when you have the money to meet your obligations yet choose to file bankruptcy, anyway? Most people will call that "fraud." Do it, Donald! You're making Palin look like a freakin' GENIUS, and I think we all know those are two words that should never be used together!

jason

Wow, Trump seems so good at getting along with people.

mjfan212

This is why Donald trump will never be president every time someone says something about you.you cant respond it sounds like your a child crying about every little this lol if he think this is bad just wait till he runs all of his opponents will be talking smack get over it Donald AMERICA DOES NOT NEED A PRESIDENT FEUDING WITH OTHER CELEBS! he's a fame whore just like Sarah Palin

Home Skillet

I'm with Donald on this one. I can't be on the side of anyone who takes up for the WORST PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Get it together Cosby. You like him cuz he is black and that's it.

Posted at 1:16 PM on Apr 11, 2011 by N.O.Lady
______________________________________________

Hey N.O. Lady - what does George W. Bush have to do with this? We ALLLLL know he was the WORST president in our history! What do you think that "W" stands for?!! "WORST!" President Obama thru 2016! It's going to take longer than that to clean up the "W" mess!!

cregis

Trump should just change his name to "giant ego". I refuse to watch his show and certainly won't vote for him. Yes, Dubya gets the worst President ever award.

ocgirl

Yeah I agree with Home Skillet - George W Bush was the worst!

Donald can not react to everyone that talks crap on him or he will be sending out 100s of press releases a day.

I like Donald, but I am not sure he is presidential material.

Bubbles The Chimp

I thought Berlusconi's, the Italian PM, hair was bad, this guy wins the 'Awful Hair Award' for the USA.

Maximus

Trump is a f**king joke! He's not running for president. This is just another publicity stunt! A good example of the desperation of some people, that they think this loser should be president.

Home Skillet

Sure Home Skillet, nice try! If you don't realize Obama is the absolute worst ever you are deaf, dumb, and blind.

Posted at 1:22 PM on Apr 11, 2011 by N.O.Lady
____________________________________________________

GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF FOXNEWS' ASS AND TURN OFF YOUR RADIO FROM THAT RACIST, PIG-HEADED, DUMB**** RUSH LIMBAUGH AND GRAB A CLUE, WOMAN! You're being set-up and lied to like the little lemming that you are for buying into the anti-Obama rhetoric! Think for yourself ... and, get used to the fact that President Obama will be in office through 2016. It's a done deal - too bad we have term limits, too, because he needs more time to get us out of the mess that that bastard W did to this country!

annette

This has nothing to do with anything Cosby said that might have struck a nerve and hurt Trump's feelings. Besides, Trump is only copying the King of All Media, Howard Stern with his whole might/might not run for the Presidency.

I love the fireworks that Donald always seems to ignite -- it makes for good entertainment -- but personally, I'd vote for Ivanka before I'd vote for her dad.

heidi

I watched Cosby's interview, and atleast in my observation, it didn't look like hatred was pouring out of his eyes. He was simply, and somewhat humorously, calling people out on making statements about running while not having the actual intent. He wanted the frenzy of attention to wait until actual candidates emerged.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments