Trump Rips Bill Cosby -- He's a Two-Faced Phony!

4/11/2011 4:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Donald Trump is firing back at Bill Cosby after the comedian blasted the billionaire on "The Today Show" last week -- claiming Bill's nothing more than an underhanded backstabber.

0411_trump_bill_BN_TMZ

It's all over a statement Bill made on "The Today Show," claiming the Donald should either "run or shut up" -- referring to Trump's ambiguous stance on running for President in 2012.

Trump -- who can't publicly declare his candidacy until "Celebrity Apprentice" is over -- returned fire today in a statement, claiming, "While I have never been a fan of Cosby’s, I had always assumed he liked or respected me because every time I met him ... he was always so nice."

Trumps adds, "If [Bill] doesn’t want me to run because he’s obviously an Obama fan, he should state the reasons and not ... treat me like his best friend, only to denigrate me when I’m not around."

Check out Trump's full statement after the jump.

The Donald's Statement

April 11, 2011

The other day on The Today Show, right after I was interviewed by Meredith Vieira, a terrific person and reporter, I happened to watch Bill Cosby who was on at the end of the show. While I have never been a fan of Cosby’s, I had always assumed he liked or respected me because every time I met him—the last time at the David Letterman show where I preceded him as a guest—he was always so nice, saying “let’s get together”—asking me out to dinner, and being polite to the point of offering to buy me a suit because he has a “great tailor.”

In any event, as I watched the show, the subject of Donald Trump came up.  I was surprised to hear him blabber, somewhat incoherently “you run or shut up.” The hatred was pouring out of his eyes when he said this. As I am sure he must know I cannot run until this season of Celebrity Apprentice ends. I know that he has taken a lot of heat over the years  in that he seems to be talking down to the people he’s talking to and purportedly trying to help. Actually, based on the way he acted, things are not looking too good for Cosby.

I wish he would be more honest, and if he doesn’t want me to run because he’s obviously an Obama fan, he should state the reasons and not come into my “green room” in front of numerous witnesses and treat me like his best friend, only to denigrate me when I’m not around. Sadly, he got more attention talking about me than he did on the merits of his own appearance—maybe he is not as dumb as I thought.

Missy

History WILL show, that George W. Bush was NOT the worst President! Really, anyone who says that, shows their true stupidity of History and Politics of America! Get a clue!

kinm

give me a break, if Thump is running, so should Snooky and Gosselin, what a f... up country

HamptonsHarry

Obama will be impeached once they discover he is a Muslim from Africa. Just wait and see. Not even an American citizen and morons voted him in.

egged on

trump wasn`t bornt in america he was born in redrat london and he ant white.GAS prices an`t set by the goverment it`s still open market unlike AT&T sony catvilla KILLROY^^^SS for the tea pounts.TRUMP will bankrupt america for CBSsony FOX payin mouth mouth`ss same old same old SOP right wing bushka bank rupting weapons contractor`ss CBS SONY AT&T burn your house down an`ti hughes`s

va reb

I would like the people that like Obama to give two (2) reasons why they like him..I know the first reason.He's Black.and the second reason is he's done WHAT??????

efnsteve

If you are born to an American parent (it only takes one) then no matter where you're dropped, you're an American citizen. How do I know this? I'm living proof. So anybody who's spouting off all this 'he isn't an American' b.s. is only trying to distract people from real issues. And people are falling for it.

Posted at 2:43 PM on Apr 11, 2011 by Cella
************************

Leave it to an immigrant to have the rules wrong. Yes you are an American citizen if born out side the US with American parents.

What you CANNOT be is a US President if you werent BORN HERE. Thats the rule. I'm sorry of you are misinformed, but you can be a citizen, you cant be President.

TO BE PRESIDENT you must have been born ON OUR SOIL. American parents doesnt change that.

Next time... save some room for your foot.

Posted at 3:05 PM on Apr 11, 2011 by Chaz

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry Cella, Chaz is 100% correct on this one.

Cheryl

Donald Trump is a baby, no other word for it.

When he was arguing with Rosie, the things he said sounded like he was a 5 year old. Now, to start with Bill Cosby, not a good idea. Mr. Cosby has YEARS on your a@@ Trump! and the comment "He's obviously a fan of Obamas". Quite racist. I'm white as they come and I AM a fan of Obamas.

We ALL know who the worst president is. George "Worst" Bush!

yidmash

GOT GAS? the goverment does`nt set the fuel markets to subment fuels as happs in many countrys wold bank rupt the states.TRUMP wasn`t bornt in the states..he is a london bloke born in redrat ingland`st`ss tassys and he still lives in redrat london so he ant real whitie niethers.P{ayin bacs him so he stinks4sure who cares whot payin is paying for FOX^^^KILLROY`ss

Mr Baxter

Oh now you gone done it Trump. You don't insult one of the greatest and most well loved comics of all time.

WOMAN

Donald!
Who do you think you are? You are the one "THAT START" this. You are not the only with a MOUTH.

Mary

Bill Cosby is the face of what is right in this country and Donald Trump is the face of what is wrong. Donald gains wealth by stepping on the middle class! Bill Cosby cares less about class and more about people!

Mary

The "Donald" is an idiot. He is running on the "Obama was not born in the USA" platform. Crazy he can't find other things to show us why he should be President. He probably can't think of anything else. At least Sarah Palin showed us why she can't run, she doesn't like Alaska. She already abandoned that State!

SHAWN

NO LADY WHAT A RACIST YOU ARE.

Mr Baxter

And why is Bill Cosby "obviously" an Obama fan? Because he's black?

Kim

BIG, I MEAN, BIG NOSE COSBY is cruel. Donald Trump is the best at everything period. I hope he is our next President. Trump is what our country needs.