Trump Rips Bill Cosby -- He's a Two-Faced Phony!

4/11/2011 4:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Donald Trump is firing back at Bill Cosby after the comedian blasted the billionaire on "The Today Show" last week -- claiming Bill's nothing more than an underhanded backstabber.

0411_trump_bill_BN_TMZ

It's all over a statement Bill made on "The Today Show," claiming the Donald should either "run or shut up" -- referring to Trump's ambiguous stance on running for President in 2012.

Trump -- who can't publicly declare his candidacy until "Celebrity Apprentice" is over -- returned fire today in a statement, claiming, "While I have never been a fan of Cosby’s, I had always assumed he liked or respected me because every time I met him ... he was always so nice."

Trumps adds, "If [Bill] doesn’t want me to run because he’s obviously an Obama fan, he should state the reasons and not ... treat me like his best friend, only to denigrate me when I’m not around."

Check out Trump's full statement after the jump.

The Donald's Statement

April 11, 2011

The other day on The Today Show, right after I was interviewed by Meredith Vieira, a terrific person and reporter, I happened to watch Bill Cosby who was on at the end of the show. While I have never been a fan of Cosby’s, I had always assumed he liked or respected me because every time I met him—the last time at the David Letterman show where I preceded him as a guest—he was always so nice, saying “let’s get together”—asking me out to dinner, and being polite to the point of offering to buy me a suit because he has a “great tailor.”

In any event, as I watched the show, the subject of Donald Trump came up.  I was surprised to hear him blabber, somewhat incoherently “you run or shut up.” The hatred was pouring out of his eyes when he said this. As I am sure he must know I cannot run until this season of Celebrity Apprentice ends. I know that he has taken a lot of heat over the years  in that he seems to be talking down to the people he’s talking to and purportedly trying to help. Actually, based on the way he acted, things are not looking too good for Cosby.

I wish he would be more honest, and if he doesn’t want me to run because he’s obviously an Obama fan, he should state the reasons and not come into my “green room” in front of numerous witnesses and treat me like his best friend, only to denigrate me when I’m not around. Sadly, he got more attention talking about me than he did on the merits of his own appearance—maybe he is not as dumb as I thought.

Robbbb

Trump needs to sit down, because no one will vote for him but other big head, big hair bimboes. Shut up and keep looking for Obamas Birth Certificate. I want you to spend a lot of money doing it and when you find it STICK IT IN YOUR A--.

Michelle

Donald is a crazy clown. Bush messed up this country and it will take Obama 8 years to clean it up. Why are people so racist.

Jibber jabber

Cosby is a joke and has no future. He is a has been.

elrumba

National Leadership Network of Conserve African-A­mericans, December 6, 1997.; CNN Dec, 1997

Despite fact investigat­ing district attorney Bruce Castor found sufficient credible and admissible evidence" to prosecute, will Bill Cosby's reputation and message be maligned forever?

Some may argue that, among the charges against Cosby, he did not show enough personal restraint and put himself in harm's way.

There are also those who seem annoyed that Cosby has made them look bad. These people are now piously standing by while it is suggested that Cosby's messages of restraint, involvemen­t and self-contr­ol may lack the proper credibilit­y.

But impropriet­ies, children out of wedlock, riot, mayhem, lies and murder certainly haven't diminished Jesse Jackson's or Al Sharpton's message that it is proper for blacks to blame President Bush and other conservati­ves for their problems and to dwell on race as a reason for being held down.

How does one compare what Cosby is accused of to Jessy Jackson's admission of fathering a child out of wedlock and possibly using tax-exempt monies donated to his Citizen Education Fund (CEF) to buy a $365,000 California home for his paramour? That's not mentioning hefty child support and $35,000 in severance pay.

Yet the media has breathless­ly pondered ad nauseum: Will Cosby's sexual misgivings allow him to continue speaking out? Black America has a problem, and it's not go away.

Question that should be asked is not will Bill Cosby's message continue to be received in light of charges against him,

tina27

NO Lady:
The only RACIST I see is YOU look at all those post you put on here. Do you have a life and Obama isn't a homeboy you're disrespectful and your thoughts are filled with hatered...get right with GOD!

Thom

RE: Steven Sullivan: How you do 'meet' someone more than once?

To be introduced to is only one of many meanings of meet. You can meet someone for dinner and the next day meet them for lunch. You can even meet for a meeting, or by chance at a TV station.

patty

Dear Donald Trump:
You nailed it on the head with your opinion about Bill Cosby..

I think Cosby is a hypocrite..and I believe not as pure as he tries to present himself..Seems he has had several accusations about him taking unwated advances from women and settled out of court..Donald Trump, if innocent wouldn't settle out of court!!

I heard when in Vegas he stayed at the Tropicana (many year's ago) and he wasn't all lilly white/pardon the pun..Here say I know but with him having lawsuits from women he forced his attention on I am afraid I don't have much faith in his honor..

You go Donald..I think you would make a good President..You got my vote..I don't think you would take any crap from any country and they would know, if they are going to play with you as President of the United States, you will make them pay!! You won't apologize to them for anything!! and it is your way or the highway!!

Patty
Overland Park, Kansas

burning_plastic

Two egomaniacs showing their true colors.

Ron

I am with Bill if Donald is going to run then do it don't talk it walk it. He knows he can not say anything until after the show season is over.

MzReeses

How dare he speak bad about Bill Cosby, ITS FREAKIN BILL COSBY!!!! Is he insane?!

Rayb

Tinalouise you are a freakin idiot. Take your racist crap and shove it up your AZZ

el

funny ass (white)comments!!
you poeple are funny to me..the worst president ever!!lol big f outta here..bush whas the best huh? i dont know if u people realize but obama! made poeple from outside off america startin 2 like your country and dont u ever think that aint a big deal better realize that!!!!

Lucy

MY BAD....... THEY DID DO THE ROAST FOR TRUMP, BUT I STAND WITH THE REST I SAID.

Lucy

I was wondering when they were going to air the roast for Donnie, but if it wasn't done ..... I can see why. He has no sense of humor against himself and no respect for others due to his arrogancy and superior ego. And I'm already tired of the rich running for office. And another thing..... DON'T F**K WITH THE COS'.

patty

Trump is an ASS. Are we supposed to be scared of him because he won't back down??? NOT!

He would be a bully if her were to be President. Scary...