Trump Rips Bill Cosby -- He's a Two-Faced Phony!

4/11/2011 4:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Donald Trump is firing back at Bill Cosby after the comedian blasted the billionaire on "The Today Show" last week -- claiming Bill's nothing more than an underhanded backstabber.

0411_trump_bill_BN_TMZ

It's all over a statement Bill made on "The Today Show," claiming the Donald should either "run or shut up" -- referring to Trump's ambiguous stance on running for President in 2012.

Trump -- who can't publicly declare his candidacy until "Celebrity Apprentice" is over -- returned fire today in a statement, claiming, "While I have never been a fan of Cosby’s, I had always assumed he liked or respected me because every time I met him ... he was always so nice."

Trumps adds, "If [Bill] doesn’t want me to run because he’s obviously an Obama fan, he should state the reasons and not ... treat me like his best friend, only to denigrate me when I’m not around."

Check out Trump's full statement after the jump.

The Donald's Statement

April 11, 2011

The other day on The Today Show, right after I was interviewed by Meredith Vieira, a terrific person and reporter, I happened to watch Bill Cosby who was on at the end of the show. While I have never been a fan of Cosby’s, I had always assumed he liked or respected me because every time I met him—the last time at the David Letterman show where I preceded him as a guest—he was always so nice, saying “let’s get together”—asking me out to dinner, and being polite to the point of offering to buy me a suit because he has a “great tailor.”

In any event, as I watched the show, the subject of Donald Trump came up.  I was surprised to hear him blabber, somewhat incoherently “you run or shut up.” The hatred was pouring out of his eyes when he said this. As I am sure he must know I cannot run until this season of Celebrity Apprentice ends. I know that he has taken a lot of heat over the years  in that he seems to be talking down to the people he’s talking to and purportedly trying to help. Actually, based on the way he acted, things are not looking too good for Cosby.

I wish he would be more honest, and if he doesn’t want me to run because he’s obviously an Obama fan, he should state the reasons and not come into my “green room” in front of numerous witnesses and treat me like his best friend, only to denigrate me when I’m not around. Sadly, he got more attention talking about me than he did on the merits of his own appearance—maybe he is not as dumb as I thought.

Rico

"Oh and for all you politically correct wannabe zombies on here shedding tears over the racism on this board... what the hell really? You morons who let cnn tell you how you should feel and whats acceptable must have forgot that bill cosby hates your white guts and would kill every last one of you if he could get away with it. In fact, most blacks feel the same way... but thats cool right? Anyone who says otherwise dont know any real black folks, you must only know they black guy thats hanging around trying to screw your wife or girl. Yeah, hes a really cool black guy... Trying to force our races together who are natural enemies is going to blow up one day. A lion will only tolerate a hyena for so long."

Good Grief! I haven't read something this racist in a long time! And Im only 31. So all Black people want to kill all White people? And we are natural enemies? Hold on! Don't be alarmed but I can see your white hood lurking from behind your mask!!!!!

randomnone

Oh Donald Oompa Loompa Trump....I wish you would state when you are running so we can bring the popcorn out. You are just a hot orange steamy mess. You are such a whiner and a stunt queen! What do you want Dr Cosby to say when he meets you? He is a gentleman. Do not even go there because you will not win with Dr Cosby. He has more intelligence in him than your whole clan put together. EGO does not equal intelligent ohh orange one. Gross

Stella

@ Home Skillet, the more you open your mouth, the more foolish you sound. Really, the nastier your comments get, the more foolish and uneducated you sound. Trust me on this one.

Jeanie

LoL @ #96!!

efnsteve

But the WORST of all?? GEORGE BUSH is like the anti-Christ!!! People...I know things about this man that would make your hair stand on ends, if I had the time to inform you...

Posted at 2:23 PM on Apr 11, 2011 by Jeanie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Uhh Jeanie, you've been on this board for an hour.

randomnone

NO Lady. You are right BUSH WAS THE ABSOLUTE WORST!

TMZ The Annoying Orange did not 'rip' Dr Cosby. It whined. It is thin skinned and it wants to run for high office. Delusions of grandeur. At least sister Sarah has company now.

andy

Good Grief!!! If someone doesn't agree with absolutely everything that Trump suggests or does, . . . then they are "stabbing him in the back". I was under the impression, that Bill Cosby was fairly conservative, and not necessarily in step with Pres. Obama, anyway. Cosby simply suggested that Trump should either step up and be an official candidate, or lay low in the weeds and not "act" like one. I actually agree with Cosby on this one. The "Donald" is starting to show his true colors . . .

At least, Trump didn't accuse Mr. Cosby of not having any talent, yet, . . . which seems to be his default "pick" toward any person that he finds fault with.

I'm not really sure that Mr. Trump's comb-over can handle the air fluctuation from the prop of "Marine One".

JUST SAYIN' . . .

moe l.

Why does Cosby look homeless?

Jeanie

@ #99

And so what?? Got nuthin better to do than track time on here eh??

LOL!!!!

va reb

go donald

Joey

Tina Louise If anyone is a Racist it is Cosby Blinded by the first black president he cannot see reality and you are also a Racist pig for posting what you did.
Donald, one bit of advice for you....DO NOT MESS WITH BILL COSBY!! HE IS BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY SINGLE WAY SO STEP BACK MOTHER ****ER!! Donald is showing the world what real racist he is..*******!!

Posted at 1:13 PM on Apr 11, 2011 by Tinalouise

Brian B.

Some of the comments on this board are WORSE than the Sheen board...DAMMMN!!!

Sad that my fellow white folks are showing their nasty sides...Eh, it's not cool to be racist ya HICKS!!!

LMAO!!!

Andyace

Bill Cosby is a huge racist!!!!!

Brian B.

Bill Cosby is a class-act...Which is more than I can say for Donald Trump!! He is like the slime floating atop a pond...

LOL!!

egged on

ThorRUMP trump`s ideal of makin it is going bankrupt more times than a bushka bank.His maddoofin ponzes gets millions of investors to foot the bill untill trump goes bank rupt yet again and than shifts all those ripped of investors money into one more trump shell company that is the way he makes his living and THE ONLY WAY by goeing bank rupt and dodgeing investors while he steals them blind,One more madd KAH~DOFFIE dof.Put him in jail until the pays off all the investors every last dime.Let madd doof out of jail if he can pay off everyone he rooked also.Trupet`ss WOOD! bank rupt the mareicas4 smits&giggles and shift T the cash off shore to jersey&smerf smerf snookie`s fish market possy muffia so he can buy-get som.