Trump Rips Bill Cosby -- He's a Two-Faced Phony!

4/11/2011 4:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Donald Trump is firing back at Bill Cosby after the comedian blasted the billionaire on "The Today Show" last week -- claiming Bill's nothing more than an underhanded backstabber.

0411_trump_bill_BN_TMZ

It's all over a statement Bill made on "The Today Show," claiming the Donald should either "run or shut up" -- referring to Trump's ambiguous stance on running for President in 2012.

Trump -- who can't publicly declare his candidacy until "Celebrity Apprentice" is over -- returned fire today in a statement, claiming, "While I have never been a fan of Cosby’s, I had always assumed he liked or respected me because every time I met him ... he was always so nice."

Trumps adds, "If [Bill] doesn’t want me to run because he’s obviously an Obama fan, he should state the reasons and not ... treat me like his best friend, only to denigrate me when I’m not around."

Check out Trump's full statement after the jump.

The Donald's Statement

April 11, 2011

The other day on The Today Show, right after I was interviewed by Meredith Vieira, a terrific person and reporter, I happened to watch Bill Cosby who was on at the end of the show. While I have never been a fan of Cosby’s, I had always assumed he liked or respected me because every time I met him—the last time at the David Letterman show where I preceded him as a guest—he was always so nice, saying “let’s get together”—asking me out to dinner, and being polite to the point of offering to buy me a suit because he has a “great tailor.”

In any event, as I watched the show, the subject of Donald Trump came up.  I was surprised to hear him blabber, somewhat incoherently “you run or shut up.” The hatred was pouring out of his eyes when he said this. As I am sure he must know I cannot run until this season of Celebrity Apprentice ends. I know that he has taken a lot of heat over the years  in that he seems to be talking down to the people he’s talking to and purportedly trying to help. Actually, based on the way he acted, things are not looking too good for Cosby.

I wish he would be more honest, and if he doesn’t want me to run because he’s obviously an Obama fan, he should state the reasons and not come into my “green room” in front of numerous witnesses and treat me like his best friend, only to denigrate me when I’m not around. Sadly, he got more attention talking about me than he did on the merits of his own appearance—maybe he is not as dumb as I thought.

mija

Really, Bill Cosby didn't say anything wrong. Donald needs to call the Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaambulance!

Brian B.

@ Andyace...

WHY IS HE RACIST? Cuz he told The Don to run or shut up?? You're racist for even jumping to that conclusion....lol.

Home Skillet

@ Home Skillet, the more you open your mouth, the more foolish you sound. Really, the nastier your comments get, the more foolish and uneducated you sound. Trust me on this one.

Posted at 2:25 PM on Apr 11, 2011 by Stella
________________________________________________

I don't give a **** if I look foolish to you, your mother, your neighbor or your God, I am right - Conservatism is an absolute retardation of our political system, and anyone behind it needs to get the hell out of my country before they tear it apart even more than they already have.

Stella

STOP bringing race into everything!!!! This is the problem with our country now.....we have never been more divided. Mr. Trump does not strike me as a racist in any way. However, Mr. Cosby certainly has a history of racism.

Jeanie

LoL @ #111

Brian, you won't get any intelligent responses from those ppl...I stop reading their filth. IGNORE my friend!!

HamptonsHarry

The more the Obama Retards talk on here the better Donald Trump sounds as president. Don't start with the blacks aren't racist b.s either. The blacks started the racist rants before anyone on here. If you obummer lovers can read go back and read it. Bush was the best compared to Obama.

Rich

I think Cosby (washed up guy) could joined Charlie Sheen on stage. He might be funny.

Brian B.

HEY...WHY is everyone attacking "Home Skillet"?? What did he do to you people??

God, trying to figure y'all out is like attempting to decipher an ancient Mayan prophecy...LOLOLOL!!!

Vera

TMZ chose to put a very old photo of the Donald, when he was waaaayyyyy younger than today against a very recent photo of Bill Cosby. WHAT IS TMZ TRYING TO CONVEY????

Home Skillet

Bush was the best compared to Obama.

Posted at 2:39 PM on Apr 11, 2011 by HamptonsHarry
________________________________________________________

OMG - what time is your set at The Improv, man, because you are ****ing HILARIOUS!!

HamptonsHarry

Jeanie and Brian Shut The Hell up with the racist crap. The racism started with the blacks, Did you miss that by chance?

Cella

If you are born to an American parent (it only takes one) then no matter where you're dropped, you're an American citizen. How do I know this? I'm living proof. So anybody who's spouting off all this 'he isn't an American' b.s. is only trying to distract people from real issues. And people are falling for it.

va reb

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.Obama is doing a good job killing our freedoms and the next time you fill your car up with $4.00 a gal gas make sure you thank the IDIOT in the White House.Donald on the other hand has a way for us to pay $2.00 a gal..We should own the oil fields in Iraq..We took that country so doesn't the oil belong to us???? Obama pays a guy a 6 figure salary to write his speaches...Obama write your own speaches or SHUT-UP.....

juju

I actually used to take Trump with a grain of salt...
Big ego, obnoxious, but entertaining to watch.

But now that he has started this birther crap I think he is dangerous and mentally deranged.

The only reason he hates Obama is because Obama wants to take another $1 millions in taxes from him. Because he makes a billion dollars a year.

I feel sorry for the middle class conservatives who actually believe that the upper 2% of earners in this country should get a tax break. IT DOES NOT CREATE JOBS!! Please. please someone prove to me that it does.

Does anyone realize that this country NEVER NEVER NEVER had a debt before Ronald Reagan came along?? Before his presidency, the wealthiest earners paid upwards of 75% in taxes. Why do the middle class conservatives want to give the rich more money and then have services to the poor and elderly cut off?? I am certainly no millionaire, and I don't begrudge them their wealth, but if it were me, I'd be more than happy to pay more to help those less fortunate. I think it is the CHRISTIAN thing to do.

And what about the babies that you don't want aborted? Is it OK for them to STARVE after they are born? I guess so, Paris Hilton needs another Porsche.

egged on

WTF does trump think he`s doing? whot N the thoothie picks would invest with him.ANY OF YOU??? did`nt think so game over bac2bullsmit DOA tv small old old no viewers tv in a digital internet space age.Leave him in the dumbbox rantin going rupt and fireing fake employee`s.REAGAN GOON BAS revisted won`t cut the mustards2day