« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Gay Basketball League -- We Want Kobe!!!

4/14/2011 10:52 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kobe Bryant's presence has been requested at a gay and lesbian basketball league in L.A. -- where league officials want the Lakers star to PROVE his support for the LGBT community by showing up for a game.

0413_Lambda_Kobe_EX

TMZ spoke with a rep for the Lambda League -- who tells TMZ, "We have seen Kobe's apology and hope that it's sincere.  If he really wants to show us he means it he'll come to our next league game."

And get this -- Lambda reps tell us if Kobe takes them up on the offer ... they'll comp his tickets.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Rico

Where was all this rage when Mel Gibson told the mother of his child that he hopes she is raped by a pack of n******!

FrankCA

I would love to see the person who came up with idea. And whoever else agreed with it. First they are only doing this to get Media Coverage. So stop playing Shut and stop acting like we were victims. Besides Who Gives A F! if he likes us or not. And I don't feel sorry for his stupid ass. He is getting what he deserve. Not for saying it but because he bowed down and said it's a hatefull word to use. You didn't use it towards gay people! I think I am going to go back in the closet because I am starting to feel embaressed that I am gay because everyone is acting like little bitches...Opps sorry I might have offended the dog community on that one.

CrisDizzle

Hide your junk Kobe... they really want YOU cuz you're a shooting star! HAHA

MIDNIGHT TOKER

wasnt "lambda lamda lamda" the fraturnity on animal house

leslie

I WANT T OREVIOUS TO BE OUR PRESIDENT, HE IS RIGHT ON THE MONEY.

karlew

What's worse than having to pay 100k for saying a word? Having to go to this stupid basketball game. I thought the blackmail stopped once you paid the money.

lalaland

Pretty darned close to blackmail.

Lucy

Geez, the gays are tantrum throwers anyway. Drama always. Just ignore them Kobe since I already know you're an idiot.

Mikey

There's more midgets in the world than gay people, but you don't see midgets getting upset when you call them midgets. I'd rather see midgets play basketball any day!

Jano

OMG !!! Much ado about NOTHING !! Get over it people!! Stop stirring the pot Harvey!

KT

Who the heck wants to see who can set the most backpicks in a basketball game? M-V-B....M-V-B....M-V-B!!!

Charlie Sheen's Watch

I think Kobe's idea of "balling" is different than LAMBADAs.

He better be careful.

Claudia

I Think people are making a big thing out of nothing, he didn't even need to apologize. I am gay and i took no offence to what he said. He didn't say it to me. Everyone says things when there pissed off. Even the gayiest of gayiest people say things. So Really people get a life and leave Kobe alone he's only human.

Robert

Okey! You and the rest of your bastages can play wit Kobe, but don't try no fargin trick, otherwise you wind up with your bells in a sling.

Claudia

There are worse things going on in the world today, How about we worry about all the teachers losing there jobs. Or how about we worry about gas prices going up.