« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

LeBron's Mother -- The Valet SLAP FOOTAGE

4/13/2011 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained security footage showing LeBron James' mother slapping a parking valet at a hotel in Miami Beach last week ... but the video shows Gloria James may NOT have made the first move.041211_slap_v2_still

During the encounter ... Gloria walks up to the valet, Rockfeller Sorel, and gets in his face over the parking situation. As Gloria verbally unloads, Rockfeller takes an advancing step towards Gloria and bumps her.

Gloria quickly recovers and unleashes the slap heard 'round the world with her left hand -- and then swings her purse at the guy's head with her right hand.

Sorel, clearly upset, takes several aggressive steps towards Gloria ... who then slips and falls while retreating.

Gloria gets off the ground and tries to go after the valet -- but several bystanders get in between the two and break it up.

Gloria was eventually arrested for battery and public intoxication -- and then, according to police, she started talking trash to one of the officers.

We called Gloria's Miami attorneys Christopher Lyons and Sandy Becher -- they declined to comment on the video or the matter at this time.

Meanwhile, the valet has made it very clear he intends to go after Gloria in court.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

nunliku2

Looks to me that valet clearly shoved her not just a bump OK so yes she retaliated when she should have walked away and I think it should be thrown out of court and is he still employed? Why?

Shazzy

It looks like he smacked her back and so hard she fell...i mean that's what it looks like to me.

Mike Newton

If I were the valet, and she said to me "Don't you know who I am,boy. I am the mother of a very famous basketball player." I would have replied, "Couldn't prove it by me,m'am. All you basketball moms look alike to me."

J.G.

Drunk And Stupid She Thinks Because Her Average Playing Wannabe Celebrity Son Is The Talk Of The Town So Should She. They Both Need To Get A Real Life. He Gets Paid To Much To Lose And Thinks He Is A Michael Jordon. (LMAO)

Jasper

If Ms. James was not the mother of LeBron James, the guilty Valet would not sue, and she would not have been charged with anything. Based on that video HE is clearly WRONG! Without ANY doubt.Just another case of man prostituting honesty at the foot of the almighty dollar.

Ms. James, I am with you.

bob

She's the one I see falling on her butt on the tape. Now he's going after her in court for mental distress? And he's from Haiti. Imagine that.

Rakeem

Gloria James need change her by getting savedin church to know god.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6