« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Kobe Bryant

Homophobic Slur

During NBA Game?

4/13/2011 10:34 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kobe Bryant appeared to hurl a homophobic slur towards an NBA referee during a Los Angeles Lakers basketball game last night ... and it was all caught on tape.
041311_kobe_foul_still

It happened during the 3rd quarter after Kobe got hit with a technical foul. The NBA star -- clearly upset -- screams for the ref (Bennie Adams) and appears to mouth the words, "F**king f**got."

One of the announcers then comments, "You might wanna take the cameras off of him right now, for the children watching."

UPDATE: A rep for the team tells us, "The Lakers can not confirm that is what Kobe said or not."

Story developing ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Bobby

As a gay man, having Kobe using the word *** in a disrespectful tone gives me the right to call him a ******.

dd

Sure Nichole the pattern = u are an idiot!!! Scott Peterson, The Green River Killer, Charlie Manson, Lee H. Oswald, Ted Bundy, David Berkowitz...shall we go on and on and on???

dd

@BOBBY so I guess if u have any gay friends that are black u don't mind insulting them..at least Kobe wasn't insulting a friend and it was said in a moment of anger at a GAME!

et

Blah, blah, blah, blah... BLAH! Cry me a river!

nicole

Who cares??? He was pissed!!! I've told my son "I'm gonna kill you".....ummmm so far he's still alive!! It doesn't mean Kobe is a "homophobe" it means he has a temper like everyone else.

dd

Oh thanks for informing me Nichole that there is a difference between killers, I'm sure the prison population doesn't have an ounce of racism in it, also ur stats are wrong...MURDERERS ARE MURDERERS who gives a damn about their race...Oh someone that needs an education like you perhaps!

January Jonez

Posted at 10:24 AM on Apr 13, 2011 by nicole

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Couldn't agree more! I'm all for equality...And gay friends of mine are not even offended by what Kobe purportedly said.. Jeez, must we make everything an issue...Moving along..

Baise

I love when people comment on stories just to say that they don't care.

Julio

Keven Garnett curses up a storm every game and you don't have to be a lip reader to clearly see what he's saying. It would be hypocritical of the NBA to sanction Kobe while allowing all the other bad language on the court. And to all of you "outraged" gays, go to youtube and look up fckh8 where you can see videos of gay activists cursing at anyone who doesn't agree with the gay political agenda. It includes children cursing. Where's the outrage for that? I thought you guys where anti-hate speech. LOL

akill

i was at the game sitting directly behind him he didnt say ****ing ***got he said loving baskets.

pattie

its ok...i get called a ****n mexican all the time!!!!

Jennyy

Let me get this right. The raving lunatics from the wacky church Dove something can show up at the funerals of soliders who have died for their country and call them ***@ts etc and that is ok and comes under the heading "free speech" But Kobe Bryant may ( or may not) have used the word ***@t and people are ready to lynch him for it. Get a life ya bunch of losers.

JENNY

So sensitive to the word ***got, who care if you are 1 so be it who gives a dam. If the shoe fits then shut up, he's a guy what straight or gay man dont talk ****.... go listen to your uncles, borthers, fathers for a minute. watch some dam basketball if you dont like what you see or hear change the dam channel. simple as that.

STE SO

lol omg

these glaad people can blog about everyone but when an nba superstar say F&^KEN F@#k

you cANT

IT DOESNT LOOK LIKE HE SAID ***

Dee

Looks more like he said "what the ****?" who gives a **** what he said stupid haters....