'All My Children,'

'One Life to Live'

CANCELLED

4/14/2011 3:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's official -- the soap opera era is officially DEAD ... now that ABC has announced they have cancelled "All My Children" and "One Life to Live."

0413-rip-all-mychildren
"All My Children" has been on the air since 1970 ... and "One Life to Live" debuted in 1968.

The only soap remaining on ABC is "General Hospital."

ABC released a statement saying, "Guided by extensive research into what today’s daytime viewers want and the changing viewing patterns of the audience, ABC is evolving the face of daytime television with the launch of two new shows."

The replacement shows will focus on health and food.

Shevonne -- our resident soap opera junkie -- is literally crying in the back of our office right now.

joni

why on earth would you cancel my favorite soap operas,,i love watching all my children and one life to live

Lisa

I watch them both and hate to see OLTL go but amc has been bad for a while, most the time I fwd the show. :(

Diana Russo

I have been watching All My Children since day 1 and will miss it. I watch it every day. Replacing it with that garbage is a mistake, there are enough of those shows already, too many in fact.

Diana Russo

Anita Schurman

I WILL NO*****ch another stupid Food or Talk show. There's too many of them now. I've watched these two soaps since they begin and can't believe ABC is trading them in for more talk shows and food shows. DISGUSTED with ABC - will be turning my tv off. Lots of people very disappointed!

Corliss Waitman

All My Children has been a family institution in our household since its inception. Many days I stayed home from school when something special was happening on the program.Now I am 57 and on disability and have no computer, so you are effectively depriving me of one of my greatest pleasures. I have virtually no family and feel closer to those in Pine Valley than to anyone else. The first day AMC does not appear at its regularly scheduled time, I will program all six of the remote controls for the televisions in my home to block your network when channel surfing and I promise never to view anything on your newtork again. If I am in a household where your network is being watched, I will leave that household. Your actions are going to negatively affect many household which contain homebound people, but I guess we're simply not in a demographic that interests yoju. I swear to request to all of the people I know that they never watch the stupid program you are putting in the place of All My Children. I really hope the idiot who made this decision is fired and that your network goes broke. Googbye ABC!

Nana

I have been watching AMC since 1968, even during my lunch hour at work when I worked for 30 years. I will DEFINITELY NO*****ch a cooking show instead. I would rather turn the TV OFF! I hope your cooking show flops BIG TIME!

Susan Verre

I Want AMC To Stay On For Susan Verre
I Hope Griifn Castillo Is Ok.

Shelly

Along with my other viewers of these shows, I am disappointed and will miss these shows being a part of my day each week. I have watched them for many years. I will have to find something else to do with my times since I am not interested in the choice of shows for replacement of All My Children and One Life to Live.

Janet Cowan

When is final day

Missa

Those two were my favorite. Why the cancellations? This is horrible. So many losing their jobs and so many disappointed viewers. Is ABC even thinking properly? My mom has watched these soaps for any many years and I have grown up watching them too. Now, my son and husband watch with me.

BCA

OH JOY what are they replaceing them with another after another brainless reality show.

janice

I have watched these soaps for 35 yrs. and I am very upset they are being canceled! I absolutely refuse to watch whatever shows ABC airs to replace them. I will switch to another network and watch something else...

ida

i love all my childred and one life to live i will miss you. but dont worry i won`t be watching the chew or anything else they put on in your place.

ida

i love all my children and one life to live. i will miss you don`t worry i wont be watching the chew.

Previous 15 Comments | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments