'All My Children,'

'One Life to Live'

CANCELLED

4/14/2011 3:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's official -- the soap opera era is officially DEAD ... now that ABC has announced they have cancelled "All My Children" and "One Life to Live."

0413-rip-all-mychildren
"All My Children" has been on the air since 1970 ... and "One Life to Live" debuted in 1968.

The only soap remaining on ABC is "General Hospital."

ABC released a statement saying, "Guided by extensive research into what today’s daytime viewers want and the changing viewing patterns of the audience, ABC is evolving the face of daytime television with the launch of two new shows."

The replacement shows will focus on health and food.

Shevonne -- our resident soap opera junkie -- is literally crying in the back of our office right now.

robert clemons

I feel ABC made a terroble mistake on canceled to most popular daytime show the viewers are so unhappy with their decision If they was canceled the most to popular shows why they didn't canceled General Hospital one of the saddiest un watch tv show their is!! That's why i am going to stop watching ABC Network because they should have canceled General Hospital as well!! So ABC i hope your Network failed!!

mbonnell

I am extremely dissapointed with abc those 2 soaps were the only ones i watched,as for the shows that replaced them they are worthless. Very dissapointed!!!

crc

abc sucks for canceling the soaps i won'*****ch the station abc after they get rid of oltl

teresa

please dont cancel one life to live! What is wrong with you people, this is so wrong!Why cant you air this on soap net, its a soap channel RIGHT!

connie robbins

One life to live is the best show that ABC runs. How in the world can you cancel it? Is the whole show being cancelled or just on ABC?

connie robbins

will one life to live still run on, or has it CANCELLED all together?

DIANA

YES THAT'S WHAT WE NEED FAT PEOPLE COOKING ON TV TELLING US IT'S HEALTHY COOKIN !!! OR MORE PROGRAMS ABOUT LOSING WEIGHT, AND CALLING THE FAT PEOPLE LOSERS!!!!! THESE IDIOTS DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY JUST DID, WE THE FANS NEEDED THESE SOAPS TO RELEIVE THE STRESS OF THE EVERYDAY CRAZINESS IN OUR LIVES,IT'S CALLEDOUR QUIET TIME. THEY HAVE MADE THE ULTIMATE MISTAKE, THEY MAY NOT CARE NOW BUT THEY WILL FEEL IT SOONER THAN LATER. I FOR ONE WORK IN ONE OF THE LARGEST CORPORATIONS IN THE WORLD(WON'T SAY )AND IN MY DEPARTMENT ALONE WE HAVE 316 WOMEN WHO ARE DEVOUT FANS. WE HAVE 32 FLOORS,I WILL HIT EACH AND EVERYONE OF THEM, UNTIL THEY FEEL THE DAMAGE THEIR STUPID DECISION HAS DONE.

holly strawbridge

i think takin one life to live off sucks they could of takin general hospital. im so upset about this

drew

**** the them other two shows them shows isn't nothing compared to oltl and all my childen and people dont need television to tell them bout there health habits thats what the doctors for

Wendy

One life to live junkie... well ABC think you have made a big mistake.... no food junkies here and there are enough of those and talk shows... will be by passing your channel.. Hope you do a re think

Robin

Replacing such a great soap ( One life to Live) with food shows and talk shows....bad mistake, as it is one of the best soaps on air.. Hope you think about the horrible choice you have made without fan input.. getting sick and tired of all the food shows, talk shows, do it yourself shows..... just to many of those already.. I will be signing off of ABC...

jo ann antonini

my heart is breaking now... i have been watching oltl since i was 7yrs. old, i am now 55... how can 1 person make the decision to cancel this show... how dare you say that times have changed and we need more reality tv !!!! we have enough reality tv on prime time... how many lives have been affected by your decision to cancel this show ??? i dare to say many... and does my opion matter ??? i guess not... i will no longer be viewing any daytime tv on abc... you are killing a legend in oltl and amc... you are bill frons... i pray that you will be able to sleep at nite but i'm sure you will cuz you've got the power... isn't that a shame that's all you've got... god bless the cast and support staff of oltl and amc, i pray all of you find jobs, and most importantly thanks for all the years

of shear happiness that you have given to me and my family and my friends... farewell my friends !!!!

Sandra

I am very disappointed with the decision to cancel both programs. Those where the only two soap operas that I watched and enjoyed. Watching them was my escape from reality for the day. I even faithfully video taped the shows that I missed. When it comes to viewers wanting to watch programs on health and well being....how many shows can you have on these subjects. How many doctors shows and talk shows can one person watch on health and well being. I think the viewers are getting bombarded with too much information on these subjects lately with a great deal of different information and opinions on the same subjects which makes people not know what to believe. Well, all in all, I am totally not impressed with ABC's decision. I'm a very unhappy viewer!

julie smith

i think we should cancel abc. i have watched all my childern and one life to lice since i was a little girl. this is a outrage.

lori

one life to live is way better then general hospital, abc aint got a clue what their doing

Previous 15 Comments | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments