Susan Lucci BLINDSIDED By Cancellation

4/16/2011 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Susan Lucci had NO IDEA her show was in danger of being cancelled ... in fact, just THREE days before the announcement, the "All My Children" star ADAMANTLY denied the soap was on the chopping block.

0415_susan_lucci_video_ex
TMZ ran into Lucci at The Grove in L.A. on Monday (see above) and when we asked if the show she's starred on for 41 years was on the hot seat, Susan replied, "No truth to that rumor ... not at all."

We spoke to Lucci's daughter, Liza Huber, who told us the soap star only learned about the show's fate on Thursday -- at the same time producers informed the rest of the cast -- and Susan was "upset" by the news.

But fear not Lucci fans -- Liza tells us her mother has NO plans to retire ... and she's already receiving offers to do other TV shows and various projects.

Harveys boyfriend

Gallant woman you have set the stage for generations of young woman and actresses
My warrior sister you are an inspiration to a whole generation or three like shevonne our resident cute cuddly deep dimpled cat lady

chartman

get over it. there is a reason why you didn't win for 18 years. you are a terrible actress.

Scotty

y

kpacota

y not scotty?

Scotty

Always loved her!

Lisa

Love your show. Double my pleasure -- make it one hour every day!

Deidre

I would think the woman would be HAPPY! I mean this is the longest running soap of all time. It has to end sometime or we just die. I truly don't think Susan would be able to stand up to anymore plastic surgery in order to stay looking a certain age. Let her body rest for gosh sakes, let her body rest. Go and take a much needed vacation Susan. You have been terrific and thanks for the memories.

Rhonda

I think Susan is around 64 yrs old... but please stop talking about her chest... anyone can see it shadows... she looks like a 64 yr old woman... she's a petite woman and in person is small... her weight is perfect for her frame!

alice

So what we're really pushing for in Louisiana is to create many options for kids. We want to decentralize the school district. We want to create competition for Chaussures Converse the providing of services. Online courses, charter schools, vouchers—these are the kinds of things that, if we were only focused on what's in the best interest of kids, we would want to proliferate.

J

So sorry Susan, that should not have happened to you, not after all of your years of dedication to the show, never, never. Truth is hardened. I was a corporate sacrifice too but I still know wrong when I see it and will not become cynical over it.

grumpymom

Boycott ABC 7
We as soap fans are outraged that Disney is behind the cancelling
Of “All my children and One life to live” many of us mothers have raised our children while watching our soaps…we are not going to take this lying down. We will be Boycotting ABC and Disney….Let our voices be heard…Mothers who value your soaps…join in the fight…like our page.

SuperLotionDotNet

soap fans are not going down with out a fight.... Hoover has already pulled their ads from ABC, other companies are about there..... facebook is filled with ppl boycotting ABC and anything associated with Disney...

mel

PLEASE GO TO THIS SITE TO FIND OUT ABOUT THE PROTEST RALLY SCHEDULED FOR MAY 17TH TO SAVE OUR SOAPS! ALL THE ADVERTISERS WILL BE THERE ALONG WITH ALL THE ABC CORPORATE IDIOTS, LET'S MAKE THEM TAKE NOTICE!!!

don.helen

If all my children is no longer on tv(air) then my
family will no longer watch the station
that takes it off;
the news consists of more than half repeats
of the weather; and the news is never
complete on the subject lines(which is all
we get) most of the time when they say
somthing is coming up next all we see are
the commercials and never the completion
of the subject; then the weather again;
cooking? good but not news!crafts?
not news;weather again;its also on my
email page the weather;myspouserants&raves
about this

e davidson

Cancelling AMC is horrible. As a long time viewer, I am disappointed. As for bringing Daisay back, wasn't she the "spiritual" vision that helped JR during his cancer scare..along with Stewart? If you bring her back, how about Babe, Zach, Mona, Phoebe, etc. etc. Your storylines are getting ridiculous. We are not stupid viewers, stop trying to make us ones. For pete's sake, ease out, if you must, on a positive note for all scenarios; not some stupid unbelievable story. By the way, I will not watch any talk shows, or whatever else, you may be planning. ABC, you've lost an afternoon long time fan.