Susan Lucci BLINDSIDED By Cancellation

4/16/2011 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Susan Lucci had NO IDEA her show was in danger of being cancelled ... in fact, just THREE days before the announcement, the "All My Children" star ADAMANTLY denied the soap was on the chopping block.

0415_susan_lucci_video_ex
TMZ ran into Lucci at The Grove in L.A. on Monday (see above) and when we asked if the show she's starred on for 41 years was on the hot seat, Susan replied, "No truth to that rumor ... not at all."

We spoke to Lucci's daughter, Liza Huber, who told us the soap star only learned about the show's fate on Thursday -- at the same time producers informed the rest of the cast -- and Susan was "upset" by the news.

But fear not Lucci fans -- Liza tells us her mother has NO plans to retire ... and she's already receiving offers to do other TV shows and various projects.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

Content

There is pride in protraying such as Erica Kane?

What a waste of the moments of ones life to watch such garbage!

Paula Hilliard

The head of ABC is out of his mind to let AMC go. Stars like Susan and the rest of the cast don't come along every day. I hope the sponcers note the difference in the sales of their products after the show is off because I for one will not buy another thing from those sponcers that don't go to bat for the show. I'll watch All My Children to the end and then I will never watch another thing on ABC ever again!!! Good Luck to you Susan and the rest of the beloved cast of All My Children. I love you all--Goodbye

MJ

Good bye, Pine Valley. Hello, Wisteria Lane.

Lanney

susan lucci you cant go we love you on all my childern we all the viewers need you we dont want another show taking your place please do something.

Lanney

what makes you think that any of the cast reads waht we say nothing will change there minds no one cares all they think about about the money they have lost why does everything have to do with money s long as the people watch it. COME ON PLEASE CHANGE YOUR MIND KEEP AMC ON.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7