Judge in Sheen Custody Case: 'Questions of Abuse'

4/19/2011 2:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The judge in the Charlie Sheen/Brooke Mueller custody war just threw the media out of the courtroom, explaining there were sensitive "questions of abuse" in the case.

0419_charlie_brooke_bn_4

Judge Hank Goldberg did not explain the nature of the abuse allegations, but made it clear the issues would be discussed and that's why he closed the courtroom.

TMZ broke the story ... Charlie and Brooke each want sole custody of twins Bob and Max.

0709_sheen_footer_v2

fran

Physical Graffiti about an hour ago

Give the kids to Denise. She already offered to take them, and at least the poor kids can be with their siblings!
--------------------------

I will agree to that now that Denise herself has made the offer

DANA

its a money game play its not the kids , they both cant take care of themselves

Bruno

@Ksis- Child custody cases aren't about what the paper says. Especially since the agreement was worked out outside of the courtroom. The judge will look at whether or not EITHER parent is fit (in this case, the answer is a resounding NO!) and make his decision based on that.

I wouldn't put it past the judge to set the entire agreement aside. I think it could be easily proven that the agreement was made under duress.

adelle

I don't know where they should go but neither one of them deserves to have them right now. Brooke obviously has problems staying on the wagon, and charlie...well he's charlie. A drug addict that's also extremely violent toward women under certain cir***stances. No one in their right mind will think it's a good idea that either of them have custody right now.

fran

ksis less than a minute ago

@Bruno

The judge already decided that it was the best for them to have the kind of arrangemet that they did. Brooke broke the rules. THAT should be the most important thing.
---------------------------------------
Ksis it really doesnt matter as long as Charlie wins as far as your concerned...You were the one who ok'd Charlie threatening Denise and Brooke with horrible things , and many people know this ...you thought it was great that they were so frightened. As one person told you you have shown your true colors and its sickening..those boys dont belong with either of them.

ksis

@Bruno

Well, the only unfit parent at this point is Brooke. Charlie wasn't even given a chance to be one after cleaning himself up.

RoastBeef

What's with the questions of abuse?
Brooke abuses drugs
Charlie abuses women.
The kids are not WINNING!

jacksonfive210

wellington
i didnt say charlie needs full custody I said I think this is his best change of getting sole custody all I said was if he was going to go back to court this is the best time for him I said yes there are factors that hurt him so idk why u think I said ohh hes gonna win he needs full custody now.

ksis

fran about a minute ago

ksis less than a minute ago

@Bruno

---------------------------------------

******************************

Why don't you just comment on the case, instead of me and what YOU THINK I THINK. You know squat about me and what I think, btw.
Threats?? GMAB. I am simply not the one to take things literally when it comes to a man KNOWN from his metaphors and special kind of language. If you are, then that is your problem. Now let me have my opinions IN PEACE.

Wellington

I agree, Bruno. The judge will act in loco parentis,"in the place of a parent" or "instead of a parent",which refers to the legal responsibility of a person or organization to take on some of the functions and responsibilities of a parent.

The situation will be considered in the best interest of the children which given the cir***stances will probably be Brooke's mother.

CA Girl

OK, right now it's 10:57 am (PST). Anyone know what's happened in the last, say, 15 minutes or so? Is it accurate that the judge has awarded custody to the sperm donor, or not?

Bruno

ksis 5 minutes ago

@Bruno

---------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget that Chuckles has repeatedly CHOSEN to NOT be a parent to those children. Even today, he's more concerned with making it to a show in DC on time than he is about staying around to make sure the kids are ok. He's also repeatedly bad-mouthed and threatened their mother while he's been "sober". He doesn't have custody of his daughters, nor has his adult daughter hasn't stepped forward to defend him. That speaks volumes about the kind of 'parent' that Chuckles is.

Jim in Cali

Charlie will gain custody of the kids. Brooke is done. NO more of Charlie's money and no more kids Brooke.

Bruno

If Chuckles had any true concern about the care of his children, he would want them with the stable caretakers (the maternal grandmother and nannies) while their mother is rehabbing (again). His first order of business would not be going to court to get the child support stopped.

jacksonfive210

I agree I didnt think the judge would change his mind but it was smart for charlie to try and get custody I think the main factor is that the judge thought brookes parents havent been messing up and there is no reason to really move them and brooke wont be able to take care of the kids because she will be in rehab I just hope brookes parents will stop trying to cover up shes a drug addict and say brooke till your clean for atlest a couple of months u dont see your kids and make her really earn seeing her kids.