Judge in Sheen Custody Case: 'Questions of Abuse'

4/19/2011 2:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The judge in the Charlie Sheen/Brooke Mueller custody war just threw the media out of the courtroom, explaining there were sensitive "questions of abuse" in the case.

0419_charlie_brooke_bn_4

Judge Hank Goldberg did not explain the nature of the abuse allegations, but made it clear the issues would be discussed and that's why he closed the courtroom.

TMZ broke the story ... Charlie and Brooke each want sole custody of twins Bob and Max.

0709_sheen_footer_v2

Bruno

bbrown,

Charlie has chosen to not see his kids, it's not Brooke's parents who are preventing him from seeing them. There is a visitation agreement in place, he's just not present to utilize it.

I agree that Brooke's parents aren't great. However, in this situation, they are the lesser of all the evils. At least they are stepping up. Martin Sheen has been conspicuously absent from this whole debacle. That speaks volumes.

Kathyo

Some of you fail to realize that this is about a lot MORE than just who is staying clean from drugs at the moment.

Jim in Cali

this is such bullcrap. These judges are just wack jobs. Its Charlie's kids not Brooke's mom. Unbelievable. Awful ruling.

jacksonfive210

yo
come on you sound more immuture then charlie was at his worest time the kids didnt win completly brooks parents screwed up raising brooke I hope bob and max dont become brooke and her parents are push overs if they can man up and treat brooke like a mom and make her earn her kids.

Wellington

ksis, so you would want your children in Charlie's care? Obviously you have a crush on Charlie which, well...

ksis

@Wellington

If you can't talk to kme like an adult, then...don't talk to me.

adelle

ksis 3 minutes ago
Like I said elsewhere...Says a lot about the system and how women are treated according to different rules than men. If Charlie relapsed, no one would ever allow him to come close to the kids again. It's disgusting.

Who are you kidding. Charlie will relapse again, mark my words. And he's already proven over and over again that he is completely and utterly unfit as a parent. What part of violent outbursts, crack smoking, and incoherent jibberish screams "fit parent" to you??? There is nothing disgusting about this. As I said before no one is their RIGHT MIND would think either parent was fit at this point. Key words being 'in their right mind.' Obviously I wasn't talking about you.

jacksonfive210

bruno
I agree they prob are right now the best for the kids I just hope for the kids shake that right when brooke gets out of rehab she doesnt get them she needs to earn the right to see her kids. Do you agree with that and her parents need to stop lying for brooke.

Kathyo

By all accounts, these kids are safe and in a consistent environment right now. Except for the fact that Brooke's mom has not publicly denounced her when TMZ shows up on her doorstep, she is providing a stable environment for the kids for now and hopefully when charlie comes off tour, he will begin regular visitation with them to show the judge his efforts. I don't think it is fair to say brooke's mom has enabled her...we don't know what is going on behind closed doors and again just because we don't like the statement she gave to TMZ, we don't really know what she's done or not done and it's no more fair to blame Brooke's mom for her addiction than it is to blame Martin Sheen for his son's addictions.

Wellington

I know the truth hurts, ksis. Get some help. It's sad to see women who find abusers attractive.

jacksonfive210

adelle
if charlie uses again I guess it's not a big deal all he will have to do is go to rehab like brooke and the custody agreement wont change and he can see his kids still. thats what the judge thinks I guess it's sad I thought if either one of them relapsed there would be way more harsher punishment from the judge

Kathyo

I agree Bbrown, she definitely needs to earn her rights, right now she does not deserve them

ksis

Wellington about a minute ago

***********************

You need to learn, if it's not too late, that the sign of real maturity is accdepting other people's opinions without insults. But one needs brain for that.

Kathyo

This isn't just about Brooke relapsing or who can stay clean. Judges know that just because someone relapses, it doesn't mean they will always be an unfit parent just as they know that just because someone is clean for the moment doesn't mean that they won't relapse in the future. This case is about a lot more than drug use.....there is a history of violence and abuse and charlie has not hid from that and all his public rants have come back to bite him in the butt

Wellington

Sure, ksis. As I said, get some help.