Judge in Sheen Custody Case: 'Questions of Abuse'

4/19/2011 2:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The judge in the Charlie Sheen/Brooke Mueller custody war just threw the media out of the courtroom, explaining there were sensitive "questions of abuse" in the case.

0419_charlie_brooke_bn_4

Judge Hank Goldberg did not explain the nature of the abuse allegations, but made it clear the issues would be discussed and that's why he closed the courtroom.

TMZ broke the story ... Charlie and Brooke each want sole custody of twins Bob and Max.

0709_sheen_footer_v2

jacksonfive210

kathyo
thank you im glad u agree she needs to earn her rights to see her children, the reason I say her mom is a enabler is because she always stickes up for brooke and makes it seem like she gets away with screwing up I just wish her mom would make her earn her rights to see her kids when she is out of rehab for the shake of the kids because I think brooke will use again and I am only mad because I wish the judge would of had more punishment on brooke for using agin showing that he's not gonna put up with bs and if you use its gonna affect you seeing your kids.

adelle

bbrown 4 minutes ago
adelle
if charlie uses again I guess it's not a big deal all he will have to do is go to rehab like brooke and the custody agreement wont change and he can see his kids still. thats what the judge thinks I guess it's sad I thought if either one of them relapsed there would be way more harsher punishment from the judge

The judge is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Yes, brooke screwed up royally. Does that mean that because of Brooke's relapse, Charlie should automatically be given sole custody? Has he actually shown improvement? Has he actually earned peoples trust? Is he finally acting stable enough to have sole custody? It's about what's best for the children right now. It's not about who's screwing up the most right at the moment. Given enough rope, Charlie will hang himself too. Yes more should have happened to brooke, but giving the kids to Charlie is not the answer.

jacksonfive210

kathyo
and I agree it's alot more then just drug use I kind of just wanted the judge to lay the hammer down so both will get no more games play it straight because punishment would help charlie and brooke learn for the kids shake

ksis

Charlie should be give TEMPORARY custody, until Brooke cleans herself up. Then they should go back to shared custody.
However THIS verdict is a complete mockery.

Kathyo

@bbrown,

I just feel like although Brooke's mom has not publicly said everything some people would like to hear, it doesn't mean that she is enabling her behind the scenes. Maybe publicly she is supporting her but we don't really know what else is going on and I'm sure it has to be tearing her mom apart to watch her daughter waste her life this way. Even Charlie's parents have not really come out and stood up for charlie, his dad compared charlies drug use to "cancer" which I thought was totally wrong, since cancer patients don't have a choice. What parent (including Brooke's mom) would not try to defend their child? It doesn't necessarily mean that she is enabling her behind the scenes BUT I could be totally wrong and maybe this is why brooke is so messed up, maybe she has been contuially enabled but regardless, her mom is taking good care of those boys as far as we all know

jacksonfive210

adelle
I didnt think charlie should of had full custody and the judge is in a tuff place but he should of taken a day or 2 away from her I really dont know but charlie hasnt been using and that does show hes doing better and trying. all im mad about is I thought the judge should of been alittle harder on brooke and if roles where reversed and charlie f up this he should of been harder on charlie pretty much brooke wont learn her lesson till she gets some sort of punishment and I really hope brooke wont use again but i bet she will because she is going into rehab to look better in the public eyes. she needs to go to rehab when she is ready to quit and i doubt that is now

Kathyo

I've been saying it all along...charlie has not been helping his bid for any kind of custody with all of his arrogant, ranting behavior. Face it, he did not even need to do this ridiulous tour...kids certainly were not a priority when it came to that decision and they certainly have not been a priority while he's been spewing all his disgusting stories and vendettas against Brooke and Denise....so he should not be surprised at todays decision and besides, he can still see the boys, he was not stripped of custody.

jacksonfive210

kathyo
i agree we dont know whats going on behind the scenes but all im going on is how the moms acting in public alot of drug abuse doctors do compare addiction to bad diseases like cancer, diabetes, because its life threating i agree they are different but martin sheens not the only one to compare those all im saying is brooke has been to rehab close to 20 times and theres no change somethings gotta give her parents and her need a new plan idk what that is but they should of had a new plan after 5 times to rehab

jacksonfive210

kathyo
and yes charlie hasnt really helped him self all that much but I just wanted the judge to maybe teach brooke a lesson and punish her more then he did so she can get it through her head its like tuff love that would be best for the kids like change the agreement alittle bit or something like or be like you cant see your kids till u go to like 10 meeting and stay sober for 2 months u know what i mean and if charlie would of messed up then i would say same for him

jacksonfive210

all I really want is some consequences for failing the agreement thats how people learn it would be good for charlie too because now if he uses later on the agreement shouldnt change because it didnt change for brooke.

Jodi

ABUSE!!!!. I'm willing to bet that's one of the reasons the police took the kids out of Charlie's custody that night. If it was on Brook's side she would never have had them in the first place.

As whacked out as Charlie is I don't think the he would hit his kids but I firmly believe he would neglect them or let them run wild and do whatever they wanted to.

adelle

#bbrown

You are right to think that more should have happened to Brooke, I do agree with you 100% on that. I do believe it is true that if the tables were turned, and it was Charlie that had relapsed, there would have been harsher punishment. But given his history in comparison to hers, he has shown to be even less stable than her. She may be known for her drug use, but she is not known for ranting, and violent behavior. He is known for all 3 of those things.

jacksonfive210

I really just think that her parents till proven that they arent doing a good job should have them and brooke earns her right to see them and they lay their foot down on brooke and say they are staying with us till your sober for a couple of months and stable and we get the money from charlie I think brooke needs to stop doing this show with paris hilton and cut all ties with her too because that makes her look bad just like charlie is looking bad on tour brooke needs to get a real job because i guess she has no money if she's going to the pawn shop but I just think nothings gonna change for the both of them till their are consequences this ruling hurt the kids in the long and short run.

jacksonfive210

jodi
the reason those kids where taken from charlie was because those charlies angels where saying they are mom 2 and mom 3 and brooke didnt like that there was no abuse that night brooke didnt know what was going on that night besides what was shown in those interviews and the reason the police took the kids is cause brooke filed a restraining order on charlie so think before you speak

jacksonfive210

jodi
and in those interviews which brooke saw and we all saw he wasnt neglecting them at all from what I saw he looked like a pretty normal dad and was being really nice to those kids. and was nice to the police when they took them away and you could tell charlie was very upset so again thats messed up to say charlie abuses his kids in anyway when there is no proff he does other then a dog died comment from denise richarders about their puppy war