Willie Nelson

How I'm Spending My 4/20

4/20/2011 10:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

4/20 is an unofficial holiday for pot-smokers across the globe ... but this year, Willie Nelson tells us he's making a MAJOR change to his celebration because of health issues.

0420_willie_420EX

Don't worry, it's nothing serious ... Willie says he's just feeling congested from being out in the snow recently -- so instead of smoking a joint this year, he's going to fire up his vaporizer instead.

As you may have heard, Willie canceled some of his shows due to his condition ... but plans to spend the next few days back home in Texas, where he can recover and hang out with his horses.

So, there you have it -- outspoken weed smoker Willie Nelson is going to smoke weed on a marijuana holiday.

Pass the funyuns.

0728_whatcha_smokin_footer_v2

Big John

For the uninformed (Christy) "vaporizer" to the way folks are now enjoying "weed". Hey (PRS) get educated and get out of the 50's. If Marijuana was so harmful why is there not a single do***ented death due to an overdose of marijuana? Everyone enjoy 420 whether you smoke it vaporize it or even eat it in sweet goodies like brownies. Roll On!!!!

ei

he has smoked for decades he also sounds like he has some lung problems when you hear him speak. my be emphasema

djdeej94

LOL! I love it! GOD BLESS WILLIE NELSON! A true no buhl**** person! God made the plant, we just use it... he he he

MIDNIGHT TOKER

Big John 23 minutes ago
----------------
well big john..I can attest to the fact its not too good for your lungs and I am sure some people have died from lung cancer,but hey..you can get killed crossing the street

Bodie

Willie loves his new www.vapir.com vaporizer, as it's the hot new hand held invention. Do yourself a big flavor, check it out.

northern gypsy

midnight toker...who knew about your past !!!
whamo & artie help...right on !!!

HAPPY 4/20 EVERBODY

spyke

Potsmoking causes lung problems just as much as cigarettes. I do like Willy Nelson, it is hard not to but I am so sick of old hippies telling the next generation that pot is harmless lovely substance that somehow enhances your life.

mac

spyke 15 minutes ago

*******
No it's nothing like cigarettes what-so-ever. Don't state your opinion as fact.. there are over 4000 chemicals in cigarettes which is what causes the problems. It is a relatively harmless substance.. relative to any prescription and over the count medicine, alcohol, nicotine and other illegal narcotics.. not too mention most foods we eat etc. etc. Smoking weed doesn't make you a hippie either stop generalizing.. that's like calling all beer drinkers red necks.. ignorant much?

fioo hoos

Y Do U THINK! they call it dope?^^^^^^TMZ???????

smashley

mmm funyuns!

Pookette

This is a very helpful medincinal choice. Yes, it can be used for other reasons, such as enjoyment. Why wouldn't we all want to be full of enjoyment. This is a God given plant and it should be legal and made available to all that choose to use it for their own reasons.

Brandt

Happy 4/20! I drew up a poster of Uncle Willie on my artist's blog to help support his Teapot Party! Check it out and show your support at http://dregstudiosart.blogspot.com/2011/01/vote-teapot-2011.html

Pete

Let Willie Smoke www.letwilliesmoke.com Whatever works Willie. 420

Lisa Edwards

ONWARD THROUGH THE FOG!!!!

Randall Elliott

My father , may he rest in peace , had a great expression , for unproductive scenario's like this; "At least she's pickin' on me .. she's leaving some other poor other poor bastard alone.

As quiet as it's kept and from time to time I enjoy that "puerto rican lettuce" ... Nothin' better except for a personal invitation from Willie or Kinky for hope a most privilage round of "cowpasture pool." Let's tee it up and bump it around Willie. That I think I should be able to resurrect some of that Wohawkin from the late 60's ... I haven't been able to pick up even a wedge since Dad passed.

Randall Elliott
"the briar hill jew boy"

P.S. I didn't wish to bother you at the Warner Theater in 2005 Youngstown, Ohio so I left the framed picture of Johnny Cash "give kids the world" with your bus driver; Our family wanted you to have it ... Hope you liked it; Was one of a kind; Most important my father wanted you to have it.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3