Judge Rules Lindsay Lohan Violated Probation

4/22/2011 6:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan violated her probation by allegedly stealing a necklace, Judge Stephanie Sautner just ruled.

0422_lilo_probation_violated_bn

The judge ordered Lindsay to stand trial for theft, but reduced the charge from a felony to a misdemeanor.

Although Judge Sautner found Lindsay in violation of probation, she will not go to jail now.  The penalty will be determined after the verdict in the trial.

0202_lidsay_lohan_accessories_fame_footer

Jen

Bitch needs to be in jail. Stupid retarded judge...

cake

From Forbes online:

Associated Press
Prosecution rests in Lindsay Lohan theft hearing
By ANTHONY McCARTNEY , 04.22.11, 05:23 PM EDT

LOS ANGELES --

A judge has reduced Lindsay Lohan's grand theft case down to a misdemeanor after prosecutors laid out their case against the actress over a necklace reported stolen from a jewelry store.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Stephanie Sautner refused to dismiss the case against Lohan, but said she often sees more serious cases that get reduced to misdemeanors.

In making her ruling, the judge said, "I'm going to give her an opportunity."

The misdemeanor has a potential penalty of a year in jail.

The judge's decision came Friday after Deputy District Attorney Danette Meyers concluded her case at a theft hearing against Lohan after calling four witnesses, including two police officers who handled Lohan's case.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

Shannon

Wow... What a shocker.

Mike Hawk

Send her ass to jail already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MDW

You're damn right she violated her probation. It happens everyday.

confused by CA law

Of Course !! Anyone else would go straight to jail for a PV...but not a celebrity with money and a hired atty like she can afford ! RIDICULOUS JUSTICE ! Makes me sick and I will not go see any of the movies she is trying to be in now....ugh ! BLAH !!

RobinPickles

I'm with you.. Boycott lindsey.. only way to make her pay

e d d

dumb tw*t didn't desrve any breal whatsoever

Marilyn

Harvey, Why am I permanently banned from TMZ?

ckrotchy

YEA YEA YEA but how much money did she make last year and how mant taxe did she pay?.It`s all taxes or just FN the system pay`um or get out of my united states

confused by CA law

She needs to face her penalty like everyone else has to. Why is she so special? I am watching this to learn about law...and this smacks it in the face that there really isn't any ! Get away with what you want kinda law is California style I guess? I would never want to practice law there. Sickening garbage.

PokerStar

She will go to jail with probation violation even if found not guilty on theft case. If she is convicted, she could face a consecutive sentence, meaning she will have to serve both sentences instead of a concurrent sentence. Concurrent is serving both at the same time vs consecutive is serving one sentence and THEN starting the second sentence. She WILL be locked up. For how long, depends on if she is convicted at trial if she does not take a new deal.

Tax dollars at work for you here. I can't believe they reduced her charge. She should have been charged with Burglary as well.

If it was you or me, we would have to pay for the crime. Unbelievable.

Big Daddy

Man, I'll bet D. A.s which they could find real judges in California.

confused by CA law

Totally unbelievable ! Let me guess>>> she's going to DISNEYWORLD now !!! Laughing all the way u know !!

andyconda

that judge is ate up with the dumb a$$. come to florida lohans so you can feel what real life is like. bunch of a$$ holes i hate her now more then ever. Fv you nicole

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments