U.S. Marines ROCK OUT To Britney In Afghanistan

4/22/2011 8:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

From the Halls of Montezuma ... to the shores of Tripoli ... they will fight our country's battles .... and then DANCE TO BRITNEY!!!!!
2011-0422_us_marines_hold_it_againstme

The proud U.S. Marines from 266 Rein and HMLA 169 got HELLA FUNKY for a self-produced music video they shot "somewhere deep in the heart of Afghanistan" ... inspired by the Britney Spears hit, "Hold It Against Me."

No word on when the video was shot -- but Britney herself has already seen it ... and blogged about it yesterday, "I am in LOVE with this ... I always knew our soldiers were fierce! Thanks for everything you guys do."

Ooh. Rah.

cafe456

BRITNEY SPEARS QUEEN OF POP!
SO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
REMEMBER to buy @BRITNEYSPEARS NEW ALBUMF #FEMMEFATALE IN STORES'S NOW!ALSO DOWNLOAD IT ON ITUNES!
#TTWE AND #HIAM!!!!

Katie

Lol, I love it! And I think the brunette soldier lip synchs better than Britney. Go soldiers! Thanks for all you do, protecting our country and making us laugh. =)

Katie

I wish TMZ had an edit button. Replace where I said "soldier" with "Marine". I honestly didn't know there was a difference. My bad!

brenda rogers

Thank you for your honorable service to this great nation Marines. Glad to see you having a little fun. Nice guns guys! Be safe, this country needs YOU!

Semper Fi

Caitlin

ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS- ooh ra!

JJAA

2 thumbs up!

Musicgirl

The Marines being away from family and the situation at hand there in Afghanistan good to see them having fun! And for those of you calling Marines flamers either you are jealous because you couldn't make it through Marine bootcamp or you have nothing else better to do than make this ridiculous comment! These men and women are sacrificing so much for our freedoms like our forefathers did!! Btw, if you go on youtube you will see other branches of the military lip synching to songs too! So to make this comment about Marines is not correct!! Semper Fidelis and OOH RAH!!!!

Dana

They're over their risking their lives and you as****s are sitting your fat, lazy jerkoffs on your couches calling them gay. Maybe when you've done something worthwhile in your life,you can actually comment. Until then, you're too stupid to realize that blowing off a little steam is a good thing.

What a bunch of douchebags you are. Lazy alpha michael foxtrots.

Ed

Pretty cool, but I question whether some of the guys are true Marines. The guy with the comb back jet black hair and pork chop side burns especially. I have never seen a Marine with hair that long. That would be considered out of regs and those side burns are too.

Bob Shull

God Bless the Marines and especialy vickie's son who is serving Proudly.

Muppet

Everyone complaining about the marines making a video should go spend a couple of months with them and then tell them they are "flamers" etc. and shouldn't make videos. I'd pay to see what they did to you lol. I'm guessing a good old fashioned butt kicking would be in order.
What have you done for your country lately?

TexasKit

this Is Great GREAT G R E A T ! ! !

GO JOIN THEM

Okay, so I've read through the six +/- pages of posts on this video, and I've come to two conclusions...1.Those not affiliated with the military don't understand the difference between a Marine, Soldier, Airman, Sailor, or Coastie. What they see is a volunteer between the ages of 17 and 65 willing to die for their freedom and all they wish to do is thank them (show some patience and appreciation for those who appreciate YOUR service). Not everyone lives, works, or grew up around the military. 2. And this is where it gets a little tricky...UNLESS YOU'VE BEEN THERE, DODGED BULLETS OR ROCKETS, patched up your friends, attended a Memorial Service, held a folded flag off your loved one's casket, please, please, please...understand that we make these videos as a stress reliever. This is a coping mechanism for us. Get it?

Cheryl Rose

AWESOME. Thanks to ALL the men and women who keep us safe. Great Video, great job.

GL

This video is AMAZING! In the past, similar videos were poorly made and resorted to cheap laughs, but this video looks like they actually put a lot of effort into it.

Funny and good, this video needs to get more recognition! Britney Spears should do something with this, since its better than her video.

I was contemplating joining one of those nonprofit organizations and "adopting" a soldier, after watching this video I definitely will.