Mel Gibson's Alleged Mistress -- He's NOT A Racist

4/23/2011 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson has at least ONE person who is backing up his claim that he's NOT a racist -- his alleged mistress -- who swears Mel is a VERY tolerant person behind closed doors.

0423_mel_gibson_violet_kowal_EX

TMZ spoke with Violet Kowal -- the woman who claims she was Mel's other woman when he was with Oksana -- who tells us, "Violent, racist, anti-Semitic ... are you serious? When I was around Mel, he never once made any racist or derogatory comments about anyone."

She adds, "The people who are close to him knows better than anyone ... he was very kind to me, my friends and family whom are all from different walks of life."

Violet is adamant, "[Mel] will recover from this incident and prove that those tapes does not reflect on who he really is."

Earlier this week, Mel gave an interview to Deadline.com ... explaining the infamous recordings were simply, "One terribly awful moment in time, said to one person in the span of one day, and doesn't represent what I truly believe or how I've treated people my entire life."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

just curious

I wondered where she went.

Anya

Yeah, maybe he is when behind closed doors. But that not where it counts.

Chrissie

Yeah. Just what Mel Gibson needs. Support from a hooker. Like that's gonna help his case. Good grief.

Yet another lowlife who met him for a brief moment trying to inject herself into the spotlight.

Allen D. Porter

Violet Kowal says something that Mel Gibson cannot say at drinkinganddriving.org

Cujeaux

This woman sounds as sharp as a tack. Where does he find this one, at the laundry mat?

azlee

ok, wow..I didn't expect her to come to the front on this. Thanks I guess. this shocked me.

I surely hope it is to put ox in her place.....wow

Lori

And her motivation for speaking about Melvin now is what? Does she think people will believe him if she does? Is she trying to become more than the "piece on the side" by insinuating herself into his ridiculous excuses for his violent, racist outburst?.

Go away missy, you are officially irrelevant.

azlee

also remembering the other story that came out. violet, what are you doing?

azlee

jay, I thinks you have been partying way too much and it is time for bed.........not with mel.

realist

"a piece on the side?" Doesn't that describe someone else whose name must not be mentioned?

azlee

lori, for one moment can you walk aside from the mel hate and think.

come on do some good debating on this one, cause tell you the truth I am lost why violet came to the surface. So ....geez I don't even know how to follow that up.

ok, I think mel is cool and a great actor/entertainer.

LOL, I am really loss at words.

Karls

Good On her!!, Are you reading this Ox?
I think after the past few days she wont have anything left to pluck! lol

realist

Hi Azlee, long time, no see. I've been lurking for a looong time.

azlee

I was hoping you were reading, but not sure.

I am shocked!