Ex-Destiny's Child Member

Arrested

4/25/2011 11:37 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Farrah Franklin -- a former member of Destiny's Child -- was arrested for disorderly conduct in Culver City, CA this weekend ... TMZ has confirmed.

0425-farrah-franklin-ex-getty-01
Franklin -- who spent 5 months with the group in 2000 before Beyonce and Kelly Rowland gave her the chop -- was arrested at 6:45 AM on Saturday. Sources close to the situation tell us alcohol was involved.

According to the booking sheet, 29-year-old Franklin was released from custody later that day on $100 bail.

Story developing ...

Carl

5 whole months in the group 11 years ago? Thanks for keeping us informed about this major star!

kp

YOU ARE RIGHT CARL

jus-sayin

too bad so sad....who is she???? hehe

I am Spartacus

She looks like that girl Hoopz in this picture, the girl from those VH1 shows. Although i think Hoopz is better looking and at this point is more famous than this person.

jxtr

I agree with Carl....and note to TMZ, we do not need any additional developing details on this story.

Criss

Enough with the advertising posts!

I am Spartacus

jxtr i agree, its so annoying when they first put a story about a non celeb but even worse when they give you 4 updates on it. Its almost as bad as when they give you 20 updates on the same story for Lindsay Lohan or Charlie Sheen.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

she is still upset and says she was a victim of descrimination

eb

For a second I thought it was one of the three members, but I remember now there were 5 members at one point, right when they shot into fame. Remember their first official single, 'say my name'? It was then that Beyonce's father said 'you know what, we are going to make this a trio, and make Beyonce the star and the other two will be her back up singers.

Jade

She's a beautiful girl.

damond

i think she's better than beyonce and kelly. i don't know why she get kick out the group.

Canadasux

Don't know her at all. But, what a beautiful face.

Jim

She should be happy the Culver City police did not shoot her.

There is some truth to what she's saying about the police in Culver City. Sgt. Brian Fitzpatrick was probably the shift commander that night and he aggressively promotes the profiling of blacks. I can't tell you how many times I've seen Culver City cops pull over black kids in the In-N-Out parking lot on Washington Blvd., search them and their cars with no arrest, ticket/citation of any kind. Afterwards, If I see the kids inside In-N-Out I will ask them what happened and they all say the same thing, "I have no idea why they stopped us."

Make no mistake Culver City police do not want blacks in their city and Sgt. Brian Fitzpatrick makes that very clear to the officers under his command. This type of aggressive and illegal behavior is a direct reflection of Sgt. Brian Fitzpatrick's poor leadership.

The main strategy of the Culver City police is to draw people out by creating an inflammatory situation and once they draw you out they claim you're acting suspicious and use that for probable cause to searching you, your vehicle with ultimate goal being arrest.

I feel sorry for blacks passing through Culver City especially those who live their. Culver City is like Mississippi in the 1960...s. Good job Sgt. Brian Fitzpatrick, your winning champ. I'm sure your mom is proud to have raised a racist bigot who hides behind a badge and tax payer dollars.

put in a good word

She is still a good person but she wanted to put on an act to make extra money. People do things for the money these days due to the economy the way it is.