Beyonce Accused of Destroying Xmas for 70 People

4/26/2011 6:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Beyonce Knowles is a "morally reprehensible" person who screwed 70 people out of their jobs one week before Christmas ... this according to a new legal documents obtained by TMZ.

0426_beyonce_doc_bn_2

A video game company called Gate Five filed papers today in NY -- in which they claim they had a deal in place in 2010 to create a game with Beyonce called, "Starpower: Beyonce."

According to the docs, things went awry during a "crucial moment in the project's development" when Beyonce made "an extortionate demand" for more money -- even though the two sides already had a deal in place.

Gate Five claims her move "drove 70 people into unemployment, the week before Christmas" ... and notes that one of the project's backers described her conduct as "morally reprehensible."

The company claims it is entitled to the $6.7 mil it invested into the venture -- as well as more than $100 million in profits Gate Five believes it would have earned had Beyonce honored the agreement.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

spyke

I just hope it is clear I didn't write those racist comments, I was quoting someone else.

me

Wow you guys sound like this is the first time someone with money has done something like this.Don't be so suprised and don't have so much hate against people with more money than you. Some people are rich and some aren't.

dreamer

Beyonce is a disgusting money driven bitch who cares about nobody but herself and her profits. Its sickening.

I always hear these stories about her man. Shes taking credit for other people's work, screwing people out of any tiny bit of profit, while she's bank hundreds of millions of dollars.

She's talented but its clear she doesnt care about anyone but her own diva self. Im finished with her and I hope people wise up about her as well. Bad B

jayman419

I haven't heard of this developer before, so this must have been their first project... assuming it wasn't a shovelware scam.

Her last album was years ago. Even if they were timing the game to release with "4" and she was planning to create another dance craze with another video, it still probably wouldn't do so well. Unless the game featured music by different artists, I just think there's no way they could have hit a hundred million in profits.

Britney Spears brought out a game at the height of her popularity, using the same engine as another very popular game, featuring hits that were on the radio at the time the game was on sale... and it still tanked.

The entire "fake playing music" genre crashed because of individual artists releasing their catalogs separately.

baset

She should start by asking apologize to the people she left unemployed just because she is a greedy star that don't think about the consequences of her acts. It is not like she needed the money but the people she left unemployed... God knows!
I have no respect for this type of people and I am happy I never bought anything from her. She do not deserve.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7