Lindsay Lohan

'Grateful' for Jay Leno

4/26/2011 10:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jay Leno won the battle for Lindsay Lohan because the actress feels "grateful" for the way he's treated her over the years ... sources connected with the actress tell TMZ.

0425_lilo_jay_EXD_TMZ_01

Lohan pre-taped an episode of "The Tonight Show" yesterday ... set to air tonight ... and according to reports, she received a standing ovation when she walked on to the set.

Sources connected to Lohan tell us she has been receiving several offers to appear on talk shows since she was sentenced to jail last week ... but chose Leno because, "He has been nothing but good to her and her family over the years ... and has always been protective of her."

Of course, Lohan was furious with Letterman earlier this year -- when the comic ripped her on his show following a booking fiasco. Video of Lindsay heading to the studio below.042611_lohan_inf_still

During the interview, Lohan talked about her sentence -- telling Jay she felt "kind of numb" after the judge threw the book at her.

Lohan also talked about the "Gotti" movie -- reconfirming that she WILL be playing the role of John Gotti Jr.'s wife.

Previous 15 Comments | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15

Vinsetta

Yeah, usual BS from her. It will take her five years just to clean herself up if she were to get serious about it today.

Lohan wants an Oscar by age 30

By Leah Collins, Dose.ca April 27, 2011 12:34 PM

Lindsay Lohan with talk-show host Jay Leno in a taped interview that aired on April 26, 2011.

Photograph by: screengrab, NBC

Lindsay Lohan's appearance on The Tonight Show Tuesday featured exactly what you'd expect: rehearsed soundbites about prison and her troubled rep, plus some asskissery from host Jay Leno. But there are at least two good things to come out of LiLo's late-night appearance: 1) the girl proved she can still behave like a pro by showing up to a TV taping; and 2) she announced some major life goals. (There's nothing like making lofty statements on national television to hold a gal to task.)

The reach-for-that-rainbow moment we're referring to? When asked where she'd like to be at age 30, the 24-year-old replied: "Hopefully, sitting here after winning an Oscar."

Lohan has so far earned three Razzies, a Teen Choice surfboard, an MTV Movie Award popcorn bucket and a Kids' Choice Award (for Herbie: Fully Loaded).

"I'm willing to do the work that I have to do to follow through with being an actress," Lohan said during the interview.

"I feel like I've let a lot of my fans down by putting myself in situations when I was young and wasn't thinking clearly," she said. "I really just want to be the person that I aspire to be, and be the actress, and be in this industry and make movies and do what I love to do, and bring characters to life that people can relate to. And my fans have been really supportive of me doing that."

To state the obvious, Lohan's hobbies (petty crime, relapsing, etc.), have turned into something of a career -- one that’s seemingly taken more of her free time than being an actress. A recently announced gig playing Victoria Gotti in an upcoming movie about the mafia clan, though, has given everyone something other than the state of her dye-job to talk about, though. In the Tonight Show spot, Lohan vaguely addressed how job offers became scarce due to her messy rep.

"I've, um, I've made a lot of poor decisions in the past, and I'm dealing with the consequences of those decisions," she said. "So yeah, there were times when I was concerned, but I'm a fighter and I know that I have to work to gain the respect back."

Before you excuse yourself to craft a motivational poster featuring Lohan's image, here's a recap of her current legal sitch: Lohan is scheduled for a pre-trial hearing May 11 for her infamous necklace-theft case, BANG Showbiz reports. The actress was sentenced to 120 days in jail and 480 hours of community service Friday when it was ruled the incident was in violation of her probation. She was released on $75,000 bail. Her sentence is on hold while her legal team appeals the ruling, E! News reports.

Lohan didn't dish much on her legal situation during the interview, because, as she explained, "the case is still pending." She did, however, have this to say: "We didn’t really expect the kind of outcome to be what it was. But I’m a big girl, and I’m going to do what I’m told to do. That’s what I have to do to continue on with working and my life. I’m taking responsibility."
© Copyright (c) dose.ca

Vinsetta

Awards Tracker
All things Oscars, Emmys, Grammys and Tonys

Poll: Get real -- Can Lindsay Lohan ever win an Oscar?

April 27, 2011 | 8:44 am

Lindsay LohanWhen she appeared on the "Tonight Show" this week, Lindsay Lohan, age 24, was asked by Jay Leno where she sees herself at age 30.

"Hopefully, sitting here after I've won an Oscar," she replied. "That would be ideal."

Before Lohan became enmeshed in ridiculous tabloid scandals, she actually displayed real promise as an actress. She won Teen Choice and MTV Movie Awards for "Mean Girls" and a Kids' Choice Award for "Herbie Fully Loaded." She was among those nominated at the SAG Awards for best ensemble for "Bobby," which was nominated for best drama picture at the Golden Globes. There was even serious scuttlebutt that she might nab an Oscar nom for "Bobby."

However, LiLo eventually ended up getting such lousy film offers that she won three Razzies for "I Know Who Killed Me," a horror film so horrible that it set a new record for most Razzies in a year (eight).

Next up: She's been cast as the wife of John Gotti Jr. in "Gotti: Three Generations," but it's unclear if she'll be prohibited from appearing in the film due to jail time and her sentence to community service.

-- Tom O'Neil
Thank you for voting!
She'll win more than one. If Meryl Streep can have two, so can Lilo! 6.78% (39 votes)

She'll win one Academy Award. 9.74% (56 votes)

She'll be nominated, but won't win. 9.74% (56 votes)

She'll deserve a nomination, but she won't get it because of her tabloid past. 9.74% (56 votes)

Ha! Ha! Ha! The question makes me bust a gut laughing. 64% (368 votes)

Total Votes: 575
Comments (0)
Return To PollShare This
Create Your Own Poll

john byron

how... and why... is this NO TALENT, UNattractive, teenage bratt of a little girl on every magazine? why does ANYONE care about her? i'm here looking at quentin tarantino vids & i see her face on the side.. useless! it really takes nothing to be famous in america... enough already. she's had her 15 minutes.. her fans must be pre pubecent.

Molly

WOW! What a bunch of haters. What is wrong with you people, haven't you made mistakes? Do you hate her because she has money, good looks is super talented which one is it? All of you have commented such mean and hurtful things. If the shoe was on the other foot would you not want someone to be on your side? Someone that would help you to get better and on the right track? The human race is truly going down when people like you are in this world. God help us all. Lindsay you can do it you can make a BIG comback hang in there. Peace and love to all of you!

Vinsetta

Molly 45 minutes ago

______________________________________________________________

Truth please. She's broke, looks like she's 40, and is "super talented"? Are you kidding me? Well she has many talents. Acting on the silver screen isn't one of them.

Vinsetta

Lindsay Lohan loses her dream role

London, April 24 (IANS) Actress Lindsay Lohan has failed to win her dream role in Oliver Stone’s new movie ‘Savages’.

Dailystar.co.uk reported that the troubled actress recently admitted she was keen to try out for a part in the upcoming drugs drama. But reports suggest the role has been given to ‘Gossip Girl’ star Blake Lively.

John Travolta and Uma Thurman have also signed up to star in the adaptation of Don Winslow’s bestselling novel, alongside Taylor Kitsch, Aaron Johnson, Salma Hayek and Benicio Del Toro.

EsruK

I bet at least half the people in the audience that gave her that standing ovation were talking sh** about her before. The world's full of phonies.

GLB

Wow, I've never posted on a trash blog and never will again but you people need to "GET A LIFE"!!!!!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15