Meredith Vieira -- Leaving 'Today'

4/28/2011 3:22 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Meredith Vieira is stepping down from her gig as co-host of the "Today" show on NBC ... this according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Meredith Vieira Leaving Today Show

Vieira will reportedly remain on the show until June --- nearly 3 months before the end of her contract.

According to the report, Vieira will be replaced by newsreader Ann Curry ... and correspondent Natalie Morales will be bumped up to Curry's old spot.

As TMZ first reported, Vieira -- who took the gig next to Matt Lauer in 2006 -- wanted off the show for a while because she hated the early hours, has a husband who is ill and she's making plenty of money doing her syndicated game show, "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Gary

Can you people find nothing else to criticize about in this country. Both Ann and Meridith are both respectable news women who have earned there achievements. We really dont know all the personal reason why she is stepping down. The world would be a better place with out all the hatters in the world. Try a little tack for all humans and their plights.

mira

I like Meridith.....too bad she is leaving!!...

boots4000

I love Ann, but not as a replacement. The syrup flows when she interviews someone. If she replaces Meredith, I will switch to another channel (and I watch 4 hours of Today daily). Natalie would be a much better choice.

Susan Myers

Who makes these decisions? Ann Curry is strange and cant leave her hands off of the men, and acts like a boob....she has no
manners, and eats and feds herself on the show like a child, which she seems to be. Cant the people whom hire and watch the show spot her weakness' ???? I just cant believe this.
As for Al Roker, he is the one whom wrote emails to Mr. Gumball to get rid of our favorite weather man.....how can people forget what has gone on there? And Al Roker got in with Mr. Gumball's terrible words and daggers....
I hope someone important reads this...and opens their eyes to watch Ann Curry...

joe

Ann Curry will do a fine job! http://www.lynnaluvers.com

Gator girl

I'm so excited been waiting for the day! I cannot stand Meredith she is aweful! Anne rocks! :)

tinnie

I think if you can not say something nice you should not say anything at all. Meredith is beautiful in her own way, and she is a really good news caster and will be greatly missed. Ann Curry good luck filling some pretty big shoes.....

llPrincess

I never watched the Today Show, until Meredith started in 2006.
Ever since then I became an avid morning show fan. I do admire and respect her and her decision to leave the show but I was so sad to see her go. I think that the viral video that they did, in my opinion was well put together. But I don't think that I will be watching anymore...Can someone say Hello to 'GMA'?

dancer

Why is it always the female anchor's fault that the program isn't doing well? Has anyone noticed how arrogant Matt Lauer is? Please give him his walking papers...not Ann!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6