Charlie Sheen -- Organizing Relief Event for Alabama

5/2/2011 8:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Charlie Sheen is using his warlock powers for good, not evil -- today he toured the destruction left behind by the tornadoes in Alabama and says he's planning an event to raise money for the victims.

0502_charlie_sheen_AP
Sheen posed today for a few pics with police officers and National Guard soldiers and told the locals he wants to bring "money, hope, faith and healing" to the area.

Alabama should be winning in no time.

Scott T. Kay

I absolutely LOVE the unbound nature of Charlie Sheen without condoning any of his past behaviour that may have violated the law. He appears to have moved beyond that now and is emerging as an engaging, charismatic, delightfully quirky, and yes, compassionate and caring individual.

However, the haters on this board would make a stronger argument for their idiotic position if they pointed out that even Al Capone built orphanages and those acts didn't make him a good human being, did they??

My Two Cents™,

Sighs,

Dr. Flippin’ Zeus™

Jackie

Money, hope, healing isn't gonna bring the dead ones.

ocgirl

He is actually not only thinking about himself for once?

kerejava

We all make mistakes. I do not like when people give stars a pass

on doing the wrong thing just because they are stars.

Charlie you are no more special than anyone else. You have the power

to chose to be a venomous,abusive hate filled person, or a better man.

I am proud to see you leaving your past behind you and doing something positive.

And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion ...

God loves you Charlie, and I am still praying for you!

ksis

@kerjeva

Everyone needs prayers, but he is much better than many give him credit. He has left his past of a druggie and a drunk behind him three months ago and so far he is doing great. And he is bringing his positive attitude to the ones that need him.

bromo

As a resident of Alabama, we appreciate anything that anyone does from the smallest to the largest. Charlie is at least putting this back in the news where it should be. The devastation is so widespread and it feels like we are yesterday's news. Meanwhile, people are suffering while others go gaga over the royal wedding that bumped this tragedy from the headlines.

brenda

With the events that have occurred in the last few days, Charlie Sheen is becoming less and less relevant.

Sorry Charlie.

FAYE

CHARLIE SHEEN THANKS FOR HELPING ALABAMA.......

J-BABY

it doesn't really matter what he's here for, either way it's helping, whether he give's money or not, the publicity will get other's down here, and they will donate money.... and i did live through a "FREAKIN TORNADO", i was in this one, i live in alabama and i am VERY grateful for what he's doin and you need to shut your face, cuz whether you'd like to think so or not, you DONT know him, you DONT know what he's gonna do, and i think EVERYONE should stop judging him for what he's done, your not FREAKIN perfect either....

Jack DaCarup

I'm sure other celebs have opened their wallets to help these victims, only they didn't require a "photo op" to do so.

I'm glad Charlie is trying to help, however, I think it is a bit too late, he has burned too many bridges and this "help" looks more like some good ole a$$ kissing.

Red Sox Fan 03 :)

alabama is in bad shape thats why charlie went there because he fits in with alabama lol should of stayed with two and a half men... doesnt he look horoable but thats what drugs and drinking does to you i am right or what.. lol

Kathyo

I hope this humbles charlie sheen and he realizes what an a** he has made of himself in the recent past...Let him see what real devastation looks like...and then go home to the own disaster that you have created in your own life and start re-building the relationship that you personally blew with your own children and family....be grateful that you still have them unlike some of the the poor people of Alabama that will never see their loved ones again...The truth is charlie never would have shown up for this if he wasn't unemployed....so maybe losing his job was the best thing that happened to him...maybe he will finally open his eyes and see there is a world outside of his own. He is not a warlock, he does not have adonnis dna, he is human and he is walking among other humans now who have suffered....I hope he "gets" it and shuts the hell up from now on.

Nancy

J-BABY 4 minutes ago

*****

No one is "FREAKIN perfect," and I never claimed to be. All I said is that I, too, survived a tornado that devastated MY city. And I saw what the celebrities that came to help US did with their time and money.

I don't have to shut my "face" any more than you do. No one who has lived through a tornado and dealt with the devastation that it brings has to STFU over this. We have ALL suffered, whether it was last week, last month, or 30 years ago. We all have a right to express our feelings on this subject - no tornado survivor has any more "rights" than any other, IMO. ALL tornadoes are DISASTERS.

My point was that Sheen has not willingly followed through with a number of things that he has supposedly SAID he'd do. Yes, he brought you attention that you desperately need, especially with the world news overshadowing your plight. But what, aside from that, will he accomplish?

I don't "hate" the man, despite what some might say. I just want him to follow through with what he's SAID he's going to do. Has he been to Haiti yet, as he promised he would? If he makes it back to Alabama and actually does a benefit show, I will apologize for my remarks. If he actually puts HIS money where his mouth is, I'll apologize. If he does ANYTHING beyond just sucking up attention with this visit, I'll GLADLY apologize.

I'm reserving judgment until any of that happens.

kerejava

That is how you really win.

“If your enemy is hungry give him bread to eat, And if he is thirsty give him water to drink for so you will heap coals of fire on his head.” (Prov. 25:21,22)

Do not be overcome by evil but overcome evil with good.
Keep it up Charlie,a good deed shines far more than any curse

b. cannon

shame on you for making light of our tragic situation.the death toll is rising daily[425 people are still missing in tuscaloosa alone]and your effort at calling attention to the tragedy is to insult the only celebrity out the entire twittering twetting celebrity universe whom has actually done a positive proactive action in these desperate times and catastrophic cir***stances.the supposed wild man of hollywood is to be commended for showing up.where are the rest of you? b.cannon