Charlie Sheen -- Organizing Relief Event for Alabama

5/2/2011 8:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Charlie Sheen is using his warlock powers for good, not evil -- today he toured the destruction left behind by the tornadoes in Alabama and says he's planning an event to raise money for the victims.

0502_charlie_sheen_AP
Sheen posed today for a few pics with police officers and National Guard soldiers and told the locals he wants to bring "money, hope, faith and healing" to the area.

Alabama should be winning in no time.

Autumn_in_Michigan

@Kathyo,

When asked the question directly in a recent interview, Denise said that she wasn't sure whether or not Charlie actually was clean and sober.

Elle0375

So sad, Charlie, we all know this an attempt to stay relevant and in the news. What are you going to do, pimp out your girlfriend? You haven't got much else to work with. Ha! I said work, something that you don't have right now.

ksis

@Kathyo

Well, I don't think Brooke has been through ANYTHING with Charlie that she hasn't willingly taken part in and YES, that includes Aspen. We don't know what happened behind closed doors of that house. All we do know is that she was just as loaded as he was. That sort ends the story for me.
Do we know what he and Denise have been through with each other during their marriage? We know that the divorce was ugly on both sides.

And he was trashing her AFTER she refused to let him see the girls (I'm sure he regrets agreeing to give her full custody).
I said it before and I'll say it again. I would have done it differently. I would have kept it OFF stage. But I also understand that Charlie's temper didn't allow him too, and I still think that putting it out there and being, sometimes painfully, honest is better than lying, no matter for whose sake that would be.

ksis

Kathyo 4 minutes ago

And you honestly believe that she didn't realize Capri was a hooker?? A strange woman at a dinner table. Hmmmm...who could that be? LOL

Now see, you actually have a point there! You're probably right....but maybe charlie was paying for dinner so she didn't care, lol

************************

Plus who better than ex-wife knew about Charlie's fondness of hookers. LOL She couldn't have thought that this was his long lost cousin or something.

Autumn_in_Michigan

@Kathyo,

According to the account that I read, Charlie had ordered several hookers that night - for himself and for his personal assistant and other staff that were with him. The dinner party was already well underway when the hookers arrived.

By that point Charlie was already loaded on vodka and cocaine. Shortly after the hookers arrived, Denise excused herself and left. I assume that she could see where the party was headed. She may or may not have realized at first that the girls were hookers not just NYC party girls. But, she was certainly able to see with her own eyes how the evening was going so she left.

This dinner party was not a family dinner and Sam and Lola were not there. Denise has consistently said in interviews in the last few years that this is Charlie's lifestyle and he makes no apologies for it. Her priority is to shield her daughters from certain parts of his lifestyle. She was also trying to be inclusive with Charlie for the sake of having more family time for the girls. She is in the unenviable position of damed if you do and damned if you don't. That's the price of having children with someone like Charlie.

I am sure that for Mom and Dad to have an adult night out for dinner is nothing new or strange to these girls. Would it be strange for most children with affluent parents - or even just middle class parents with a social life - to be left at home with a baby sitter while Mom and Dad had a night out?

As far as they knew, they were in NYC to shop and to sight see, which they did. They were in a suite down the hall from Charlie's suite and they were with nannies. And, they were in bed asleep when the ruckus broke out late in the night. I doubt they even heard a thing and probably slept right through it all. The Plaza hotel is a high quality hotel with good construction and sound proofing - not a cheap no-tell motel. The next day Denise took them shopping, etc. and then they left NYC. End of story as far as the girls were concerned.

Autumn_in_Michigan

@Kathyo,

P.S. The only person that I know of who is denying that Capri Anderson is a hooker that Charlie ordered for the night is Charlie. The story he is telling in his show is that she was some gorgeous girl who just showed up at his dinner party - and then he said "Ok, maybe I did invite her" - but this is my story and I'm telling it my way.

Seems curious to me why he would tell the story that way if he is so open about being with hookers in general.

pluv

Nice gesture, still a douchebag.

Kerry in Alabama

Im right in the middle of all this destruction and we dont care what his true motive may be as long as it brings more help!!! I just wonder if all these people saying hes not gonna help have done anything to help!!?????

Bernice Madoff

Hey the guy is down to where Nicole Smith was in terms of talent. He must keep the spotlight on himself, otherwise its the moth to the flame game set match.

Bernice Madoff

Bernice Madoff

Hey his career is down to where Nicole Smiths was, now the only thing he's good at doing is raising money and trying to keep the spotlight on him. Like the moth to the flame, he will return to white snow caps and get caught in an avalanche (not monkeys allowed)

Jack DaCarup

You can hate Charlie Sheen (I don't like him myself) but you have to admit he's the only one that's actually helping out at the moment.

***
Untrue! He's not the only one helping out. I know many people who have sent money to the victims thru the red cross and they didn't need a photo-op in order to do so.

Alabama Angel

I don't know what is wrong with all of you! I live in one of the places in Alabama that was hit by the tornado & you don't here me bitching & complaining saying oh poor me! We are trying to help each other around here,trying to get our lives back to what use to be "normal"! I don't care who shows up in this state just as long as they are here to help out in some way. The New York Yankees have already sent 500,000 dollars to help out & they have not asked for anykind of coverage for it but I say thank you to them for helping out & I will say thank you to Charlie for atleast getting the media to take notice of our situation again!

Jack DaCarup

As much as a despise the Yankees Kudos to them for their donation...minus the photo-op.

Charlie could have made the same kind of donation, but he had to attach his name and photo along with it. Just how much did he donate? Anyone know? Or just promises to set up a fund raiser in the future? The people need help NOW!

Kathyo

@Pffft

I understand everything you posted and it is those reasons why I support Denise and admire her for trying to build the bridge between charlie and his daughters and I also think the other things posted about what went on that night are why that bridge has been torn down. I think charlie has a lot of re-building to do and I hope for the sake of his kids that he will make a sincere effort at this for their sake...