Charlie Sheen -- Organizing Relief Event for Alabama

5/2/2011 8:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Charlie Sheen is using his warlock powers for good, not evil -- today he toured the destruction left behind by the tornadoes in Alabama and says he's planning an event to raise money for the victims.

0502_charlie_sheen_AP
Sheen posed today for a few pics with police officers and National Guard soldiers and told the locals he wants to bring "money, hope, faith and healing" to the area.

Alabama should be winning in no time.

Autumn_in_Michigan

@Kathyo,

According to this article, the weekend of the Plaza Hotel incident Denise was already in NYC doing a promotional and Charlie joined them, not the other way around.

"Richards was in the city to promote her series "Blue Mountain State" and the family had gone to see "Mary Poppins" on Broadway while in the Big Apple. Sheen, Richards and their kids were spotted around the city this past weekend."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/police_called_to_charlie_sheen_room_zKbwIvShUm8vhbeDUEowRK#ixzz1LDvrdThY

jacksonfive210

another great article on how charlie helped out a good causes, I just dont see how people can still talk crap about him when he is doing something good when celebs are doing good for their charity or natural disasters they usually get media coverage and photos taken.

Jack DaCarup

I remember seeing Denise on the Joy Behar show shortly after the event, and Joy pressed Denise about that night at the Plaza, and Denise refused to answer her questions stating that is Charlie's business, not mine.

Jack DaCarup

I'm really surprised by the fact that these officers actually posed with the "Warlock." Especially after the D.C. incident.

jacksonfive210

jack de
Untrue! He's not the only one helping out. I know many people who have sent money to the victims thru the red cross and they didn't need a photo-op in order to do so.
_______________________________________________________________________
yeah you know alot of people who sent money in great but the media and most people dont care about joe smoe giving money its great but when a celeb backs anything they are gonna get coverage and if they vist the place where the disaster took place people are going to take pictures. just be happy charlies doing some good

Kathyo

@bbrown,

as I've already stated a few times....people are suspicious because of the timing of this...I don't think charlie has a black heart and doesn't care about people. Maybe he is sincerely trying to change his life....I have no idea BUT you can't blame people for being suspicious. That is human nature...just like when people have a hard time believing when a celebrity with a good reputation does something bad....it works both ways

jacksonfive210

jack da
and maybe the yankees just gave money because they are in season and play pretty much everyday and cant get the team down to alabama but they still got coverage giving money I mean hes doing good idk why your trying to make something good into bad.

Autumn_in_Michigan

@Jack,

Yeah, but look how happy they appear to be doing it. NOT. They are like everyone else, they do what the boss tells them to do if they want to stay employed.

jacksonfive210

pffft
god thats called making mts. out of mole hills haha you dont know any of those officers feel about charlie I dont think they would be fired for not wanting to be in a picture with charlie
kathyo
hes being doing some good like with the giant fan who was almost killed I dont see charlie at the hospital posing for a picture with the guy in the coma but the thing is your not being suspicious your like def photo op hes not doing this for any good. All celebs do chartity and good deeds to keep their public relations good even if they true care about doing some good too.

Autumn_in_Michigan

@Nancy,

I'll tell ya what I find interesting - the avid devotion that ksis has for her 'favorite' who she didn't even have any interest in until the "whole thing" with WB started. So, that means that she has been an avid fan for what - about three months?

What's also interesting is the way that we all know that she won't listen to anything that we have to say or own up to her own lies and etc. Yet, we also persist in trying to reason with her, etc. All that has accomplished other than wasting a lot of time is to give her the right to claim that she now has "my haters" too. (see her last post at the Vegas thread)

Does that mean that we have now helped ksis be elevated to some sort of semi-celebrity status just because she has decided to jump on the Sheen bandwagon three months ago?

Wow, we Americans really are stupid.

Nancy about an hour ago
@Kathyo

You're casting pearls before swine, m'dear. That one will not concede that you might have any points if they're negative regarding her idol.

jacksonfive210

Kathyo

@bbrown,

I do think it is a photo op and a way for him to re-build his image but I've also said, I don't care if it is a photo op or not, if it is helpful to people in Alabama, then it doesn't really matter. It is human nature to judge people on their past behavior, however everyone does deserve a chance to do better BUT that takes time....you don't just change people's opinions of you because you do a couple of good things, especially if those good things were done while your image was in the toilet. It makes people question your motives and I don't blame people for questioning his motives and by the same token I really have absolutely no idea of what his motives are and it really doesn't matter if it helps these people out.

Nancy

bbrown about a minute ago

*****

Don't be silly, boy. Just because we stop in here occasionally doesn't mean we aren't other places on the 'net checking out the latest on the bin Laden story, or how the recovery effort is going in Alabama, or how the Japanese are managing with both their nuclear crisis and their recovery.

The internet is a wonderful thing, and tabbed browsing makes it easier than ever to spend a minute here and a minute there. It also makes it possible for people to make wildly speculative comments about others, doesn't it?

jacksonfive210

nancy
I havent seen you post one comment on the bin laden post, I mean you may spend time on other important topics which is great but its just funny that it seem like charlie is more important then bin laden just a conclusion I have came up with.

Kathyo

bbrown 3 minutes ago I love how yall still are talking about charlie sheen and him going to alabama over bin laden was killed thats called WINNING by charlie sheen haaha
************************************************

Hellooooo??? You are here too! Maybe if charlie sheen had ever called helping people winning in the past, some people might believe his motives were good right now. You just PROVED A very good point....You just said that charlie sheen considers it WINNING that people are still talking about him.....well I guess that would be some very good motive to go to AL and get your picture taken, now wouldn't it.....to keep people talking about you...