Flavor Flav

I Was Targeted by

'Rookie Ass Cop'

5/2/2011 11:42 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Flavor Flav says the only reason he was arrested Friday night is because some "curious Rookie Ass Cop" wanted to make a name for himself.

0502_flavor_flav_bn
Flav just went to his Twitter to explain how he ended up behind bars ... saying, "I was on my home from Benihana's I got pulled over by a curious Rookie Ass Cop."

Flav continued, "He found out I had a traffic warrant wanted to make a name for himself took me in and now I'm home laying my bed what's the big deal?!"

TMZ broke the story ... Flav was arrested and hauled into a Vegas jail after he was pulled over for a routine traffic stop ... and the cop noticed Flav had four warrants out for his arrest stemming from various traffic-related incidents. .

Apparently, Flav settled all of the outstanding issues -- because he also tweeted, "At least, I cleared up my sh*t ... some people are still on the run!"

WetChiliFart

"At least, I cleared up my sh*t ... some people are still on the run!"

He was on the run until he was arrested. He cleared up his sh*t because...he had to unless he wanted to stay behind bars.

Colleen

So you decided to stop running and clear up your **** because you got caught! Go hook up with LiLo, you deserve each other.

Gatanegra

The cop was doing his job dumb a**!! You're the idiot with outstandig warrants. How is that the cop's fault??

Stiletto

Typical of the "it's everyones fault but my own" mentality. With all your money you should contact the scarecrow and buy that brain he was given off of him.

Freaking moron.

TXCinderella

I don't think it had anything to do with the fact that he was a rookie cop. It had to do with the fact that you broke the law four times previously and didn't take care of your business. Sounds just like the chicken restaurant failure...it's someone else's fault. Go away Flav!

Jennifer

You were not targeted you were caught!

obama'saracist

look a black man playin cards.race cards

Jennifer

LOL - Flavor Turd.....hehehe

Nick

Butt hurt celebrities thinking they're above the law, get real. He's probably using this event to try and keep himself relevant somehow.

ericm

Hey...Flav is right. That cop had no right to arrest him. He's a celebrity!

dc

THE COP DID A DAMN GOOD JOB, THE BAD THING ABOUT THIS, THEY LET YOUR DUMB ASS OUT. PAY YOUR TICKET William Jonathan Drayton, Jr

YOU ARE THE JACK ASS OF THE MONTH.......

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

SEEMS TO ME THAT YOU ARE THE STUPID AZZ FLAVA...THE MAN WAS ONLY DOING HIS JOB...YOU HAD WARRANTS, THEN LIKE ALL THE REST OF US...YOU HAVE TO ANSWER THOSE WARRANTS...WHO THE PHK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? NOTHING BUT SOME AZZ UGLY IDIOT WHO SHOULD HAVE TAKEN CARE OF BUSINESS.....LOSER AZZ HOLE!

Vicki

To the Cop that arrested this idiot! THANK YOU!!! :)

If sense were common everyone would have it.

Noooo, you cleared your sh*t because you had NO CHOICE. Like NONE OF US would have had a choice no matter WHO we were or WHAT the color of our skin was. Trust ME, no one gets off without paying in one way or another. So if you can't do the time don't do the frigging crime. PERIOD.

ginny