USS Carl Vinson Sailor's Mom -- My Son Made History!

5/2/2011 12:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The mother of a sailor currently on board the USS Carl Vinson -- the ship that dumped Osama bin Laden's body in the sea -- tells TMZ, she couldn't be prouder of her son ... and his fellow servicemen.

0502_ship_ex_osama_getty

Molly -- the proud mother of 20-year-old Colton -- tells us, "I can tell you just how proud so many of us are of our family members who have worked long and hard to fight terrorism ... It amazes me that these young men and women are now a part of history!"

Molly adds, "I am so proud of all of our troops and all they give up for us. And for all the family of these service members who give up so much also."

But Molly says she's only gotten radio silence from Colton since Osama's burial -- telling us, "I have not heard from my son, and chances are I will not for quite some time and until the military deems it safe for him to contact."

And in case her kids are reading this, Molly wants to pass along this message -- "Please know how proud we are of you and how much we love you. God bless all our military and thank you for everything you give up so that we in America have the choices we do!"

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

Susan

Why are people identifying anyone involved with this and making them terrorist targets? Be proud, but damn be smart.

kathy

TMZ...BE RESPONSIBLE..TAKE THIS ARTICLE AND ALL COMMENTS DOWN. THIS ENDANGERS SAILORS!!!

Sally Mae

I can not believe that Molly Gisi(Molly Adopt A Sailor) put all the sailors at risk because she wanted to be in the spot light. How dare you!!!!!

Sally Mae

kristin adams fan

thanks obama loser

gary

wat up:) hi:D lol lol lol

LaLa

for the safety members of those on board and the military personel this story should be removed and never have been posted... mom you messed up... you know that information is very classified and can endanger that ship and the military personnel on board

Ashley

Great job you ****ing moron. My husband is on this ship and I swear to God, if you put them at risk you're not only going to have one angry Sailor wife on your hands...but try about 5000. Think before you speak. WE ARE ALL PROUD! We don't go blabbing it to some tabloid website for the world to see. Idiot. If something happens to them, I hope your son is the first one to go.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8