Donald Trump: Hail to Someone Else -- I'm Not Running

5/16/2011 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Donald Trump says if he ran for President of the United States he'd win, but he still decided against doing it.

Donald Trump for President

Trump says, "I maintain the strong conviction that if I were to run I would be able to win the primary and ultimately the general election."  But, Trump concludes, "Ultimately business is my greatest passion and I am not ready to leave the private sector."

Trump, always shy, says, it was a hard decision, "especially when my potential candidacy continues to be validated by ranking at the top of the Republican contenders in polls across the country."

And in a shocker, Trump didn't wait until the finale of "Celebrity Apprentice" -- he pulled out a week before he crowns the winner.  Timing, Donald.

lboucher

Let's face it the Donald looks like an alien from Mars!

frank

He would have to show his tax returns and people would see how much money he is worth. He just wanted to run down our President. He is so racist. Palin is an idiot too.

Dexter

I'm thankful, he's done the country a favor by keeping his side show but out of the running. I'm afraid I would've had to tell him YOU'RE FIRED!!! He's quite the fantasiser, he wouldn't win he probably wouldn't even make the ballot!

Wendy A.

WOOHOOO> NOW I HOPE THE MEDIA WILL LEAVE THIS EGO MANIACAL ASS GROWN MAN WHO CRIED WOLF TOOO MANY TIMES ALONE.ENOUGH ALREADY.

jxtr

Trump actually meant to say: Aha suckers, I got you to watch my show and increase my ratings. Now, I am going to walk away with a big raise from the network. I don't give a darn about you until next season when I need for you to return and watch my show.

Bob

Multiple marriages, several bankruptcies, a joke of a reality show that considers Melissa Rivers and Khloe Kardashian "a celebrity"? This a$$ clown is a massive failure and a national punchline.

Sorry you're so gutless, DT. This is a sad day for stand-up comedians and late night talk show hosts everywhere.

Kari

If he thought he'd win--he would jump at the chance. The polls aren't good--doesn't he think we can read? He wouldn't win---that's why he bailed.

maggie mae

Donald, I could have told you from the beginning that you WERE NOT GOING TO RUN! Why did you bull**** the American public?? You should be ashamed of what you did only for publicity! How low can you go!!!

Rageykiwi

Donald's Ego is bigger than his hair do

Missy

He revealed himself to be an absolute moron. I used to think the guy was smart. I don't think he has 1/8 of the billions he claims. He's all about puffery & PR. The emperor isn't wearing clothes. And after hearing him speak a great deal, the guy is lucky he could ride his family's coattails into business and Wharton because he really is not bright at all. No way that guy got into Wharton on merit- he's a legacy. He projected his inferiority onto Obama knowing that full well. What a douche.

srsly

lol sociopaths are all the same. "i'd have won if i wanted to play but i don't wanna play!"

OooooNooo!

Shocked! Shocked I tell you!!! LMAO

Zoe

Hmmmmmmm........let's see 60 million for next season's Apprentice or $200K President's salary, he's not totally stupid.

BeHonest

What a freaking loser! LMAO.... I know I can win the Gold metal too in the next Olympic Game, I just don't wanna! hahahahahahahahahahaha..... He is in such denial it's funny! I like to put Trump in the zoo and watch him talk, like those monkeys. Actually that ain't fair to the monkeys, they are much smarter! hahahahahahaha Trump is a laughingstock!

Mikey

A 45-year-old man is the first person ever to be cured of the deadly disease AIDS and Obama is prez when it happened. Another win for Obama!